Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

a port of ZunPaint on OS4 is possible
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello,

The developer of ZunPaint made the source available but he can not do the port

If anyone here can help him?

https://www.amigafrance.com/forums/topic/yannick/#post-98836

Go to top
Re: a port of ZunPaint on OS4 is possible
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Thanks for this message. Where exactly is the code available? I checked github and AROS storage and couldn't find it. Can you request a url? I bet someone would like to have a look before decide to get involved.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Walkero
It's all on Yannick's SourceForge page: https://sourceforge.net/p/zunetools/code/HEAD/tree/

@Sinisrus
Back in years, I port AmiFig (on os4depot), and when it was os3 code it was pretty easy. Then later, when Yannick start to update and change it to ZuneFig (see https://sourceforge.net/projects/amifig/ ), I tried to port it and found it as always happens with Zune based apps from AROS: it is not mui3.x or 4.x compliant. There some hacks, workarounds, and stuff, which just didn't work as expected on real MUI. Also, I tried to port before some of Yannick's Zune tools too, and while all more or less easy to compile and to have binary, those tools have just bugs and issues, which are issues of programs itself which didn't happen by luck on AROS (i know how many developers hate such claims, but that just experience I have over years with all amiga-ng oses)

The best example is unrelated to Yannick's work, which is LunaPaint. A damn paint editor which works on AROS by some luck, but absolutely buggy on morphos and os4. But, still somehow works on AROS (not sure if still on the latest ones, but 5 or 7 years that was like this). And issues were the "Zune only" code, and sadly to say Zune even today for 10 years still have issues.

So, it will be not just a straight port of anything, but real bug-hunting and some changes required. If I remember right, I report a few years ago some issues to Yannick, but he wasn't in interest to fix issues with "if it happens on os4 only, then it os4 issues", while issues were of course general, just as usual on OS4 you can catch more issues, which didn't happen on os3, aros or even on morphos. Ironically, but os4 is the best from all amiga oses in terms of default bug hunting.

If Yannick now ready to improve his apps so it will correctly work everywhere, I can be of help of course, and provide all the necessary changes need it for the os4 port, as well as reports and stuff. But if I remember right Yannick is of no interest in OS4 or anything, but in AROS only. Can be wrong of course.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I do believe you're not fair.
Zunetools might have bugs that are highlighted by trying to port to OS4 but that shouldn't be so big of ab issue.

Reason why I stopped answering to your requests is because you're not porting or coding, you just compile and ask other people to look for the correction and perform the modifications.
May be that has changed with years, but our first collaboration was not fun for me at all.

Now if someone wants to have a look at the code and modify it for working on OS4 I'm happy to help and explain how it work and eventually try to correct issues in the code (knowing that I do not and will not run OS4 it is difficult for me to figure out what's going on, but with good explanations I can help).

Best regards,
Yannick

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Yannick
Quote:

Reason why I stopped answering to your requests is because you're not porting or coding, you just compile and ask other people to look for the correction and perform the modifications.
May be that has changed with years, but our first collaboration was not fun for me at all.

Yeah, that not changed, it's still the same. I only helping coders to improve their apps, and porting it to os4 just mean fixing general bugs in their (not my) apps, which in end leads to better stability (in this case on AROS), and which usually developers want.

Not sure though what you mean by "not porting", I actually remember I ask you in last times to "change that on that" because I didn't have access to the repo and send you all the files and changes need it, not that I dictate you what to do. Maybe I just was very fast with mails, and you just didn't work like that, but whatever, that all not so matter anymore, sometime ppls didn't get each other, bad luck :)

@All
If anyone will be in interest to code os4 versions of Yannick's work and have issues to build them, I can provide all the Makefiles for os4 so it will be just "make" to have a binary, and then your will be in needs to do real coding.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post