Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

Skateman, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiupdate settings?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
What should the tooltypes be for Amiudate these days? All I have there now is EMAILADDRESS=client@amiupdate.net. Aren't the sites where it looks for updates suppposed to be listed in the tooltypes? Right now when I click on Amiupdate, nothing opens.

I'm having issues with Updater and Amistore too, but I'll phone Amigakit tomorrow morning to try to straighten that out.

Thanks for the ongoing help. I'm getting my new X5000 up to speed pretty well now.

Paul

edit: I'm getting a window open now. In prefs it lists 2 servers: www.amiupdate.net and update.amigaos.net. I get nothing from the first one. On the second one (?) I get a popup asking for a user name and password for "AmigaOSUpdateServer". I guessed and used my AmiSphere info and pressed on "Connect" but nothing happens. Are there any other servers? I always found this utillity handy for things like MUI updates.

I seem to remember when my A1-XE was running, I had to take out one of the servers from the list, and add another one.

Edited by Paul on 2020/7/20 22:08:33
Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Re: Amiupdate settings?
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Due to some conditions currently out of my control, I would suggest you remove the "wwww.amiupdate.net" server, and replace it with "amiupdate.codebench.co.uk". This should fix your public update problems.

As far as the hyperion updates go, you need to enter the same details that you would use to acccess their website to get updates manually. It's just an easier way to get the updates.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

replace it with "amiupdate.codebench.co.uk". This should fix your public update problems.

That's what I needed. Working now. Thanks, Simon.

Yeah, Updater pops up asking for my AmiSphere password and login. I enter them, hit return, and then it asks me to enter them again. I hit return, and then get a DSI. If I try to ignore the DSI, I get an ISI and need to reboot. Hopefully a phone call to Amigakit /Matthew will get that sorted out.

Paul

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Paul

You know, it might confuse future readers a bit less if you made another thread dealing with the Updater/AmiSphere issues, just to keep it perfectly clear that those products have nothing to do with AmiUpdate and the Hyperion update server.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache

Good point. Done.

Paul

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

I get an error now with amiupdate.codebench.co.uk today,
it have worked flawless before.

AmiUpdate version 2.47

"Unexpected error parsing XML file at line 1685 column 1
Error code 11: undefined entity"

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@khayoz

Yes, I have this error too.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@khayoz

I've been getting that one too recently.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Should be fixed now

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo
Thank you!

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

I've noticed an issue with AmiUpdate on my system.

It appears to run normally, but I spotted the post about changing the server and went in to make the change and noticed something odd.

When I open the Online Update Preferences window the "Store Archives and Updates here" field appears to be a series of non-English characters that keep scrolling by. Clicking the folder icon to try to manually select a folder doesn't do anything.

I can de-select the www.amiupdate.net server, but when I go into the tab to add the new server and click Add nothing happens. The window keeps refreshed and the Updates tab keeps refreshing which appears to be tied to the folder name scrolling issue.

Hopefully I'm properly describing this. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks for your work on AmiUpdate.

Go to top

Register To Post