Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Smooth moving mouse pointer on Cybergraphics
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Smooth moving mouse pointer was something special that was not available on other machines back in the day.

When I finally received my BVisionPPC when it was first released one thing pissed me of. On a PAL Amiga, mouse pointer no longer moved smoothly on rtg screens unless that screen had a vertical frequency of 50hz. This forced me to set all my rtg screens to 50hz since it was one of the small details that made me like Amiga so much.

Later I discovered that I could use the utility "tude" from aminet and use the command "run >NIL: c:tude hertz=hwntsc" to set Amiga ourput to ntsc and have smooth 60hz rtg screens that were easier on the eye.

After my A1200 passed away, I got myselfs an A4000T which also stopped working in around 2002. After more than 10 years, my friend fixed the A4000T and stachu replaced the flash and upgraded my CStormPPC. A4000T is alive again! :)

After setting things up, The first thing that occurred to me is that mouse pointer is always moving smoothly on rtg screens. I realized that it's because of the new RapidRoad USB addon for XSurf100. My Logitech G7 is always smooth as butter regardless of the screen's refresh rate.

On the other hand, Amiga mouse is not. Setting a 100hz screen (the monitor I have is capable of 100hz up to 1280x1024) for all resolutions up to 1280x1024, I was able to achieve "semi-smooth movement" for Amiga mouse. Now there is only a "double" of the pointer when using the Amiga mouse to move it. A similar thing also happens with WinUAE and that's why an option called "100hz black frame insertion" exists. I was wondering if a similar thing could be made for Amiga pointer on 100hz rtg screen so as to remove that "double"

Another thing is that I'm using CybergraphX 56KHZ audio (to be able to listen to mp3s at 44100hz) at the moment since my Toccata is not working properly at the moment. This causes further complications (I will have to finetune the vertical refresh rate of my rtg resolutions to be a multitude of current Lisa refresh rate).

What I wonder is: Is it possible to have mouse on mouse port have different refresh rate without effecting 56khz paula audio? (for example, what if I want to be able to display a ntsc screen while I still want my Amiga mouse on a 100hz rtg screen to behave like it's 50hz?)

Go to top
Re: Smooth moving mouse pointer on Cybergraphics
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Bump

Go to top

Register To Post