Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Blog about developing the XP-Pen driver and also adding tilt support to SketchBlock
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I've written a blog describing my development process as I reverse engineered and created a driver for the XP-Pen Deco 01 graphics tablet. I then talk a bit about adding tilt support to the SketchBlock paint tool.

Hope you find it interesting:
https://webplus.broad.ology.org.uk/blo ... enumonth=06§ion=amiga

Go to top
Re: Blog about developing the XP-Pen driver and also adding tilt support to SketchBlock
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Nice reading with a lot of details there Andy. Thank you for writing it.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Re: Blog about developing the XP-Pen driver and also adding tilt support to SketchBlock
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Hi i bought Sketchblock but it turned out to be the lite version. The pro is not visible in Amistore. How can i get it?

Thanks for helping.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@devils_advisor

Hi I saw that someone had bought the lite version and wondered about that.

SketchBlock professional *is* on AmiStore, but there does seem to be some bugs affecting visibilty. Normally when I start AmiStore it's the first thing I see when in the large banner display mode, so I've never searched further but I see when you search by catagory for instance AmiStore only displays the first 12 out of 13 applications! Guess which one SketchBlock pro is!

Similar issues affect other types listings. I'll get on to Matthew about that, and hope he has time to fix it up.

In the mean time PM your email and I'll send you a private link to the latest beta. If you can include your amistire username I'll see if I can get Matthew to set you up a free licence for Pro, as the price of Lite and Fractals is the same as Pro.

Sorry for any issues you've had.

Andy

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

BTW There is a search option in the menu, searching for Sketch in that brings up all three products "Lite Fractals and Proffesional Edition

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Fantastic work, Andy!

I needed to get a tablet for my son's school. He is entering the first grade and writing is a big part of it. I used that as an excuse to get the XP-PEN Deco 01 v2.

I downloaded, installed the driver, and plugged it in. Works like a champ. The driver UI is simple and nice to have but I did not need to tune anything.

I have Sketchblock 3.4 pro installed. The tilt function is working well. It's amazing how many controls you have built into Sketchblock and how well they work with the tablet.

One comment, can you build a version with the tilt coordinates debug disabled?

Overall, 5 stars and donation sent!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tekmage

Many thanks for your donation, that will pay for a new USB-C cable to replace the one our new ppuppy just ate through!

WRT the debug, are you seeing that from SketchBlock on the console or via serial from the driver? I though I had removed both but maybe not!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues
Thanks again for a great read!

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Just added a new entry to the blog, much less yechical this time, just a few practice sketches.Desktop Still Life and Puppies

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
nice to see more development on touch pads for Sketchblock so thanks for posting.

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

It would be great if you could consider creating build streams on youtube, so one could learn from scratch how to create drivers and get hardware running on Amiga like systems.

Thanks for your hard work. Appreciated.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

Thanks for the blog... Which XP-Pen tablets are supported ? Are all recent models on market compatible ?

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top

Register To Post