Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 123

VooDoo, trixie, Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Implementing mmap () and munmap ()
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi

As part of the work on porting the latest libgit2, see this topic for more info, I need to implement mmap() and munmap() methods. Has anyone got any experience of this or have some pointers? I can see that the IMMU interface of has some methods that might be useful at the IExec autodoc, is this suitable?

Any info gratefully received!

cheers

billy

Edited by billyfish on 2020/5/21 22:21:46
Edited by billyfish on 2020/5/21 22:46:06
Go to top
Re: Implementing mmap () and umap ()
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
There were something done by ChrisY:
https://github.com/chris-y/libgit2/blob/development/src/amiga/map.c

EDIT: oh sorry, i see you already tried this and it didn't works as miss some bits. Probably you need to move your explain of why ChrisY version didn't work in that topic as well, so maybe someone with clue will give a hint.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Implementing mmap () and munmap ()
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Sure, I've added a bit of explanation to the topic. The issue is that this mmap emulation doesn't cover the situation when the memory that is being used as the cache has been labelled as shared and the memory is to be written to. From my initial investigations, I think that libgit2 isn't using threads but I need to look further. If it is running in a single thread then maybe a simple memory buffer approach might even be enough for libgit2 to work. However if someone has developed proper amiga versions of mmap and unmap, I'd much rather use those.

billy

Edited by billyfish on 2020/5/21 22:47:09
Go to top

Register To Post