Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Parasite noise when moving windows
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hello,

I've just received my video capture but for the moment I can't capture anything since I have a some parasite noises when using video intensively (moving windows, watching video, 3D, etc...).

On this video : https://youtu.be/8kCFhS3P0AE (pump up the sound) you can even hear the hand of the clock moving on the WB.

I tried many things :

*Turn off the display
*Unplug the HDMI cable from the R7 250
*Unplug the HDMI cable from the video capture
*Plug the jack cable directly into the PC instead of the video capture
*Change sound card, migrating from the internal HD adio to a *PCI EMU10k card
*Tried to record the sound on another computer
*Tried to plug the jack in my speakers and then use the headphone out to plus another jack to the video capture (or to the PC).

This parasite noise won't disapear. What is weird is that I don't hear it usually, the sound is crystal clear, it's only when I want to record it that I can hear this.

If someone could point me to a solution (change video card?).

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Re: Parasite noise when moving windows
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
How well is your home electric system earthed?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ddi : correctly. I live in a building.

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L
For me, i have the same NOISE in shaderjoy, but ONLY when i disable VSYNC. With enabled VSYNC i have no such sound, and i have no such sound when do anything other on workench, like moving windowses, etc. Just noticed it myself noday with ShaderJoy first time, and only when VSYNC is disabled.

And i on beta os , and currently on RAdeonRX + latest RadeonRX drivers. So it's roll out possible issues with only driver, or with beta/non-beta

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
It could also be low quality sheilded cables to your capture device. Some cheaper cables have rather naff sheilding, which can lead to RF interference, which manifests itself as "noise".

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo

As I said, I tried this :

*Plug the jack cable directly into the PC instead of the video capture

and

*Unplug the HDMI cable from the video capture

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Does the video capture device have Auto Gain Control (AGC) for audio? If so, then it will crank the gain up to the max if you don't have any sound. The gain can end up so high that you hear the slightest interference.

I once used Skype as a makeshift baby monitor, and was suprised that we could hear sounds from outside. In the dead quiet it had cranked up the gain to max and my tablet's little microphone was picking up sounds from through the walls.

Two things to try:
- Do you still hear it when playing some background music on the machine you're recording?
- Look for an option to disable AGC in your capture software's controls, and manually set the gain

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

As I said, even if I only want to record audio, without using the video capture I can hear this parasite noises.

I tried on both a Mac Pro and an PC under Linux, parasite noises do come from the X1000 but I don't hear them usually even when using headphones.

It's only when I want to record audio from any of the output ports (wether it is from rear or front output) that I can hear this noises when something is moving on the screen.

I tried to modify some settings in OBS but I get distorded sound since I try to get rid of these noises pushing correcting options at their max.

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

It will be RF interference from your monitor, and or possible internal between components in the X1K

It gets worse when you interconnect devices, earth loops pick any interference and "amplify" it.

If I connect my SAM and X1K audio via my mixing desk I get very bad interference, which goes when I turn my SAM's older monitor off. It's worst when the X1K is connected, but present if either is connected.

Tracing out these kind of things can be real headache, unless it's really really bad ignore it, it will get lost in the mix....

If it's caused by earth loops then moving the audio cable about should change the level of interference. An option is to disconnect the shielding at on end of the audio cable, this can eliminate the loop. (traditional Midi cables are always wired this way as their two cable IN OUT design always creates loops) You only try this with signal cables NEVER with power cables (stating the obvious for safety sake).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
How is the video capture recording the audio? Which one is it?

If you play some music via TuneNet or other app how does the volume compare?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
@Hans

As I said, even if I only want to record audio, without using the video capture I can hear this parasite noises.

Okay, but have you actually checked if Automatic Gain Control (AGC) cranking the gain up too high is causing it?

I can't tell from your question if you've checked, or just dismissed AGC off-hand.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

I tried every settings I could in OBS to get rid of these noises (I even followed tutorials on the web) but the problem don't come from it since I hear these noises on different computers with different softwares.

I think something is badly shielded in the X1000 that causes theses sounds.

@Broadblues

Even if I don't use video capture, the problem remains. If I just want to record audio, the problem still persists if I move windows.

Of course I can launch AmigaAmp and record music but I must not move windows. As I said it seems I can "hear" memory transfers (as on the video).

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Had some problems with noise, had to move my audio cables 30cm way from hdmi cables, I have thinked about getting some better cables, for some time now.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2020/5/12 23:30:28
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

I will try this ! Thanks.

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

The point about playing some music whilst recording was to assess just how loud the interference is. When all you have is interference to listen too it will sound much louder.

Go to top

Register To Post