Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15)
Re: Odyssey's MediaPlayer thread
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Surely some ppls may not like that only because they run browser their screenblankers deactivated.

That's obviuos :)
Eventually, if possible blankers should be disabled only in 1 single condition, when a video runs, and only after users put videos in fullscreen ..

Quote:
but for you as for one who not have accelerated video playback it will make no differences.

I know

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

trying to figure out why when i open RMB menu and move by mouse while it sticked , i didn't catch IDCMP_MOUSEMOVE events. Or we need to handle some other event, or we need to add to if (!mouse_hidden) part in videoblit , something else which will mean "and not RMB opened menu"

There is a window flag WFLG_RMBTRAP but using it sounds a little bit nasty if one has to resort to using Forbid(). http://amigadev.elowar.com/read/ADCD_ ... _Vol2_guide/node00C9.html

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
Maybe there some MUI's ability to check if RMB menu was opened. Interesting is why IDCMP_MOVE didn't catches when we in sticky menu..

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Samo
Quote:

Eventually, if possible blankers should be disabled only in 1 single condition, when a video runs, and only after users put videos in fullscreen ..

Added: https://github.com/kas1e/Odyssey/commi ... face40e9502b4e20f344bR954

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Great, thank you :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
Can't figure out how to deal with mouse cursor also hides when in RMB menu and no IDCMP_MOUSEMOVE events recieved. Maybe it worth then to just start timer not regardless of cursor position when in full-window mode, but just when cursor placed on the place where is video only ? (as when curosr over the video, we didn't have any rmb menus). As well as if we out of video, then no needs to deal with that RMB/no_IDCMP_MOUSEMOVE as timer will not start.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I don't understand how exactly to reproduce the RMB menu issue. Does it need some MUI setting?

I watch some Youtube video and click RMB, then Youtube menu appears over video. If I release RMB and reclick RMB again, then context menu appears and blocks the playback but pointer stays visible.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill

You seems mess it with another menu :)

What i mean is that when we in fullscreen video-mode (so accelerated compositing) , then, there should't be any RMB menu working when cursor over the video.

I.e. all we discuss now its full-screen-accelerated mode, not plain one in the window. In that full-screen-accelerated mode, there no RMB menu when cursor over the video. Only RMB which will works there, is the RMB menu of Odyssey, when cursor is out of bound of the video itself.

But that ONLY when we in full-accelerated video mode.

That one which you mean, its just you watch usuall plain youtube video, without acceleration, and press RMB to have usuall rmb menu.

Cursor should disappear (and it is currently) only when we in full-screen-accelerated video mode. Then only RMB menu of odyssey works when we move mouse outside. And then, cursor also hides, while we do move mouse when sticki meny of odyssey shown.

If i still wrongly explain it all, just say, i will try to reformulate it better.

We add "hiding of cursor after 2 seconds", only when we in full-screen-accelerated video, and only then you can see how cursor hides after 2 seconds (that what i add previously), and there you can have RMB menu when move curosr out of video area (being of course, still in the accelerated video mode), and while menu appear, and you move mouse, cursor again dissappear. Like we didn't recieve IDCMP_MOUSEMOVE.

I can just made a small video in end, to show what i mean.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
For me it is the right behaviour

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

What one you mean ? When mouse cursor hides only when its placed under any part of video, or when mouse cursor hides regardless of position, just if we in full-screen mode, then it hides after 2 seconds ?

Currently, its done second way. And with second way, we have that issue i told about (see video few strings later)

@Capehill

Check this out (and watchout to the mouse cursor):

https://youtu.be/QK6NV5Zy9Qc

See, after 2 secs mouse hides. All fine. Then we move mouse, mouse show up. All fine too. But then, wathc out: when we out of video-area, and then press RMB to spawn a odyssey's menu, and then move inside of menu, then bah, cursor disappear too! Like we didn't move mouse and didn't recieve IDCMP_Mousemove, etc. More of it, when we spawn rmb menu cursor should't disappear at all, even if we didn't move (so there we need also RMB trap).

From another side, if we will made "hide cursor only when cursor on the area where accelerated video plays", then menus and stuff will be fine. But cursor will hides only when it over the video area, not when it somewhere else. Maybe in end its more logical way

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Ya the issue is pretty visible with a video, just a thing not 100% clear
Does the mouse hides also when the mouse pointer is completely outside of the owb window (for example in Workbench or above any other apps) or it only hides when you hovering the Odyssey window ?

There should be somewhere a method to exactly specify the exact area of the video where things such the mouse could operate

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Quote:

Does the mouse hides also when the mouse pointer is completely outside of the owb window (for example in Workbench or above any other apps) or it only hides when you hovering the Odyssey window ?

Mouse hides does not matter where, owb window, wb, other app (inactive) whatever. If odyssey window active and we play full-screen acclerated video , after 2 seconds mouse hide. I do it specially like this when we discuss "regardless of position", but to be honest, i start to feel that better to hide it only when we over the video and nowhere else.

Quote:

There should be somewhere a method to exactly specify the exact area of the video where things such the mouse could operate

Of course there is possible to do "hide mouse only when it over the video". We just discuss it before that we do it "regardless of position". Maybe that still wrong, and it should be hided only when over the video. By this, we will have no needs to worry about those RMB issues and stuff, as there will be none.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
Of course there is possible to do "hide mouse only when it over the video". We just discuss it before that we do it "regardless of position". Maybe that still wrong, and it should be hided only when over the video. By this, we will have no needs to worry about those RMB issues and stuff, as there will be none.

My thought is if it's easier and less messy, then blanking the curser only when it's over the video is fine. That's really the only important time it needs blanking anyway. I vote to do it the easy way and spend time on more important things. Hopefully things that help minimize crashing.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Cursor must hide only when over the video.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Should be, only need to know how to

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Ok so, then will change hiding of cursor when we only over the video, should be easy. Something like :

if(!mouse_hidden && data->video_fullscreen && data->video_element && _isinobject(obj, MouseX, MouseY))

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It's now nice to browse youtube using Odyssey! Thanks to all involved!

Maybe it will sound weird to some of you... but would it be possible to add a 'disable video' option? (ie. in the contextual menu where there is already a 'disable sound' entry)

A1200PPC/Sam440ep/Sam460ex/X1000/X5020 OS4.1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Do you think it could be possible to implement double click for switching from window/fullscreen comp. mode and viceversa ?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15)