Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 56 57 58 (59) 60 61 62 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@white
Quote:

I don't need to activate the "composite" in PREFS / GUI

Since beta06, there will be no needs to enable "composite" in prefs:gui, all works even if you had it disabled. But works only on cards which support compositing. Winuae does not.

Quote:

nor to use the "YouTube_Fullscreen_Fix.js" script

That script need it only for those ones who have composite video working to change on the fly youtube's inbuild video player on our one, so pressing on fullscreen will start rendering in fullwindow. But only on cards which use compositing. Winuae are not.

Quote:

I can activate the full screen view with the appropriate "box" and then put the video in full screen.

Without compositing, and without youtube_fullscreen script, you just use inbuild fullscreen (fullwindow) resizing done for some browsers (like one you mimic with your user agents).

Of course it will be slow on your side as:

1). you don't have compositing based card (or any patch to make use of it over winuae)
2). without youtube_fullscreenfix script and playing with user-agents all you can have its fullscreen which in real resized window , which make things be even slower as default, non resized, window mode.

Quote:

I must specify that adding the line directly in the user-startup the browser slows down a lot.
While if I use spoffing directly in Odyssey preferences this does not happen.

That mean there different spoofing string in compare with your one in startup script, and one we use in browser, and with your one probabaly sites you visit start to choice some other way of rendering which is slower. Expectually if you use big stuff like youtube and co.

Quote:

I wanted to ask if it could be included in the spoffing of the next versions

What one exactly, that one:

Quote:

Mozilla / 5.0 (Linux; Android 7.0; SM-A310F Build / NRD90M) AppleWebKit / 537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome / 55.0.2883.91 Mobile Safari / 537.36 OPR / 42.7.2246.114996

Or that one :

Quote:

Mozilla / 5.0 (Linux; Android 9.0; G901F Build / KOT49H) AppleWebKit / 537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version / 4.0 Chrome / 30.0.0.0 Mobile Safari / 537.36

?

Edited by kas1e on 2020/4/13 8:30:56
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi kas1e,
Thank you for answering me
and explaining many things to me
I have been fond of amiga since I was a boy
as I said I am aware of the limits of winuae, me is the only way to use Amiga for me.
I made many changes to make it pleasant to use.

I did a lot of tests before asking you for spoffing if it can possibly be included in the next version of Odyssey.

This is what works very well and is also compatible with external links that refer to youtube and also with the main youtube page.

user-agent:
"Mozilla / 5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 12_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit / 605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile / 15E148 KAKAOTALK 8.7.8"

turns out to be the fastest and also a lot, and compatible with everything else.
Much better than "Android 7" or above.

Thanks again if you decide to include it, I really appreciate the work and time you are dedicating to this project.

I leave you a short video
i just installed the software enhancers i still have to configure everything especially the audio.
Keep in mind that the real speed is also limited by the software video capture program.
Thanks again, as soon as I have the opportunity I will make you a small donation for your work.
Why these projects must be supported.
They take time and work on your part.

https://youtu.be/2gOgX2VEQPM

Edited by white on 2020/4/13 12:51:40
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I did a new test with Odyssey 05 "full screen" using MUI
and I'm very happy,
I used the spoffing listed above:
"Mozilla / 5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 12_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit / 605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile / 15E148 KAKAOTALK 8.7.8"
I don't have a graphics card but it works very well.
I'd just like to ask:
how do I move the screen that I promote via MUI options.

In practice the screen of MUI remains fixed, instead I would like to have the possibility to move it like any window.

I have done many tests but I cannot do it.
Thanks and sorry if my question is "OT"
Thanks again to everyone.
here the video if it can be useful to better explain my request
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvrL5nUYtxI

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@white

It took me quite a while to discover what you are trying to show. Perhaps you should describer the problem a bit more instead taking videos of several minutes including the boot process, although the interesting part comes towards the end and one has to guess what might be wrong.

If I understand your video right, then at one point the Odyssey window is on the Workbench screen and no matter how often you try to jump the the "Odyssey" screen it still remains on the Workbench screen. Only explicitly choosing "Workbench" first and "Odyssey" afterwards makes it jump to the desired screen. Is that correct?

You could try the debug version of muimaster.library and produce a "screen" debug log as described here: https://muidev.de/wiki/FAQ/Debugging#B ... ersionofmuimaster.library

Since you don't have any crash the additional mentioned tools like MemGuard, Enforcer or SegTracker are not required.

I need that debug log to get a hint of what might go wrong during screen switching.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tboeckel
Hi,
Thank you very much infinitely,
I will try as you told me to do.
And thank you for your interest and your answer.

@kas1e
I know it can be boring, but my English isn't perfect.
here I put a video without the use of a video capture program
And that's why I'm happy with these new updates of Odyssey, I used a mobile phone at least you see the real speed of Odyssey with Youtube.
As soon as I leave home these days, I will make a donation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6rLxMTnfOw

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Then did you re-converted the translation files to obtain back the .ct files we need for all translations ?
I have updated my italian owb.ct yesterday night, you may create a new translation folder in the github repo, so we can put all translation files there

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
I just added new thing on bottom, and fix the older strings on the place where they were. Its just seems indeed too much hassle at the moment to do it like i want before, and to be honest i never liked all those translations and spending that much time on. Besides knowing amiga users i am sure if i will add it as i wish (in the middle, increase versions, so no old catalogs will be used, doing it all on my side, etc, etc) there will be issues and reports about.

So at least for now there will be just updated OWB.cd and everyone can translate what and when they wish :) Maybe for some final version when it will be about going to os4depot like 1.24 or something, we can resturcutre it all, and create all new CTs and increse numbers etc, but for now it just as it was : updated OWB.cd

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yep. i update my translation according to the very latest owb.cd you update recently in github

Quote:
I just added new thing on bottom, and fix the older strings on the place where they were.

That's ok, imho there is no need to place strings in a perfect order, putting new one below is more than enough

Quote:
So at least for now there will be just updated OWB.cd and everyone can translate what and when they wish :)

Sure, but putting all that .ct files directly in repo will be better for sure, so all files will be quickly availible for any old and eventual new translators
All you need is use the tool to revert back the owb.ct files we currently miss, then create a new translation folder in repo:

Translations --> put all owb.ct files for various languages here

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
Quote:

Sure, but putting all that .ct files directly in repo will be better for sure, so all files will be quickly availible for any old and eventual new translators
All you need is use the tool to revert back the owb.ct files we currently miss, then create a new translation folder in repo:

Translations --> put all owb.ct files for various languages here

Yeah, just later a bit. As it still take time. Because recreating .ct files from translations weren't that perfect via simplecat, it give some warnings which manually need to be deal on. Nothing important or problematic, just need to spend some time on.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
What about unsecure password storage?

That should be the next big fix in Odyssey, we can't have passwords dwellin around in /conf/Passwords.db in pure ascii form.
That should be no.1.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@khayoz
Quote:

What about unsecure password storage?

Sorry, there is many other things to do before worrying about it. You may want create bug-ticket on github so it will be not forgotten.

Quote:

That should be the next big fix in Odyssey, we can't have passwords dwellin around in /conf/Passwords.db in pure ascii form.
That should be no.1.

:) There quite a lot "should be no.1" when it come to improving a browser, and unsecure password storage are not the only one :)

Don't expect things to move that fast with all sort of updates. Firstly all the 3d party libs should be updated, then 1.25 version need to be ported with some bad bugs fixed and so on.

No one basically will hack any amigaos4, so even if passwords is in plain form, none modern viruses/malware/hackers will do anything with because of obscurity of all that amiga stuff.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/ody ... odyssey_1.23r5_beta06.lha

Odyssey 1.23 r5_beta06 - AmigaOS4

-- MediaPlayer: fixed out-of-window issues when compositing effects disabled in prefs:gui, but compositing still available (c) Ami603.
-- MediaPlayer: fixed another bug found by ktadd when compositing being disabled in prefs:gui, while compositing still available: the content of composited video overlap other window's content (c) Hans De Ruiter
-- MediaPlayer: rewritten media player's AHI part to use AHI device API, instead of AHI library API: No exclusive locks of audio hardware from Odyssey anymore with any AHI settings! (c) Capehill
-- MediaPlayer: hack a bit backfill code, so when we in compositing video mode, and hit f11 to go to real fullscreen, then no left/right and bottom (when hit middle mouse button to hide player's GUI) borders visibly.
-- MediaPlayer: fixed a look of 'mute' item in media player's RMB menu, which now has on/off marker just like 'control' and 'loop' items. (c) Javier.
-- a bit better locale_cleanup (c) Javier
-- move an opening of asyncio.library to main.cpp same as other libraries, just to make things be cleaner (thanks to Javier for an idea)
-- one more user-agent for spoofing by request: iPhone OS 12.4
-- changed in prefs/media "webm (vp8)" on "webm (vp8, vp9)" as we can play both. OWB.cd updated as well, translators need to take care of.
-- add functionality to disable audio/video MP4 support in Preferences/Media (handy when one wants to save mp4 instead of playing in a browser) from 1.25 (c) Deadwood. Enabled by default the same as before. OWB.cd updated, translators need to take care of.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Beta 6 up and running!!

Playing AmigaAmp and youtube video both with sound enabled! Works like a charm.

Thanks all you guys involved in making OWB so much better!

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e (and the rest of you)

Congratulations, good work!

Here's an easy one for whenever someone gets in there again:

The .cd string MSG_REQUESTER_BOOKMARK_IMPORT_ERROR says:

Unknown bookmark format.\nOnly IBrowse 2.4 and OWB MorphOS formats are supported.

It should probably be IBrowse 2.4+, since IBrowse is at 2.5.x now (using the same bookmark format).

(And yes, I have started doing a Danish translation - slowly ).

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
it works very well, tnx Kas1e!

Memento audere semper!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Can you give html5test.com a try? I check each beta against that site and check the score, typically 319. I tried with beta6 and the page did not render.

Not sure if it's just me of something that changed.

Thanks,
Bill "tekmage" Borsari

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tekmage
Quote:

Can you give html5test.com a try? I check each beta against that site and check the score, typically 319. I tried with beta6 and the page did not render.

It's you :) Tested right now, all fine. Through scored not 319, but 318 for me. As usuall fresh install, all should be clean, not settings from anywhere else if you want to test thing.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Same here, 318 on html5test.com

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache

Reported in ticket #10

https://github.com/kas1e/Odyssey/issues/10

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Have not used my X1000 very much at all in recent years, but lately I am turning it on a bit more. Glad to see this work happening on Odyssey. Thanks, Roman, and to all who are helping! Typing this from Beta6.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 56 57 58 (59) 60 61 62 ... 72 »