Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »
Re: SSH client for AmigaOS with builtin terminal emulation
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jabirulo

Version 1.4 is now available which should work better:

https://github.com/salass00/sshterm/releases

What I find a little odd is that the compile I did just before the revision bump was working just fine but not the one after it, which I did not bother to test, despite the fact that there were no code changes to the file in question.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00

v1.4 works great now!!!!
password by commandline or requester I can access my ESXi vmware without problem!!!

THXALOT

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi Frederik,

Congrats on the progress with SSHTerm!

I got a break and installed the new v1.4 version and it seems to be
working quickly. :D

I tried some of the command lines from before. All of these worked as
expected, although some still complained (in spite of working)...

---

SSHTerm shell.xmission.com PORT 443 <shell un> KEYFILE devs:ssh/id_rsa
[ ASKED ME FOR MY pw AND WORKED

SSHTerm shell.xmission.com PORT 443 <shell un> PASSWORD <ssh pw> KEYFILE devs:ssh/id_rsa
[ IT CONNECTED & WORKED, BUT PRINTED THIS OUT:
[ id_rsa
[ Failed to connect to ssh-agent

SSHTerm shell.xmission.com <shell un> PASSWORD <ssh pw> KEYFILE devs:ssh/id_rsa
[ WITHOUT THE PORT, IT CONNECTED & WORKED, BUT STILL PRINTED THIS OUT:

SSHTerm shell.xmission.com <shell un> KEYFILE devs:ssh/id_rsa
[ JUST LIKE ABOVE, IT ASKEDD FOR MY pw, CONNECTED & WORKED, BUT STILL PRINTED THIS OUT:

SSHTerm shell.xmission.com <shell un>
[ ASKED ME FOR MY shell pw AND WORKED

SSHTerm shell.xmission.com <shell un> PASSWORD <shell pw>
[ WORKED

---

I also tried copying and pasting to/from SSHTerm. It looks like going
from SSHTerm->Notepad is working fine. Unfortunately, going the other
way (Notepad->SSHTerm) appears to still be missing or stripping linefeeds
and/or carriage returns.

Is this just platform issues with the handling of CR's, LF's and/or
CR-LF's? Should SSHTerm maybe have some options for translating those
between platforms?

Next, I need to figure out what to do with the window pallette... There
must be a way it can be set in the session. hmmm...

Thanks again!

PJS

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@pjs

The "Failed to connect to ssh-agent" only means that you probably don't have the ssh-agent running.

In case you don't know, the ssh-agent is a program from OpenSSH that allows you to type in your keyfile's passphrase just once (done using ssh-add) and then not have to re-type it again until you reboot or shut down the computer.

On my Amiga computers I have "run <>NIL: *>NIL: ssh-agent" in S:network-startup to start the ssh-agent on every boot.

As for the problem with pasting could you try this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8hbwvzv7zkwenh/sshterm-20200301.7z?dl=0

It should fix the problem with the encoding of line endings.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@salass00

Thanks for posting the update! I tried it and it worked
great...

I copied from SSHTerm, pasted straight back in and I pasted
into Notepad and copied/pasted that back into SSHTerm and
it all worked great!

Looks like you've got that issue resolved.

Thanks again,

PJS

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

Great work on v1.4. Feels much faster scrolling text.

I did a "ls -R *" in a big directory and the performance was good, 100% cpu use. During that I was not able to break out with ctrl-c but ctrl-c registered after the listing was complete.

I do have an issue with "vi" in edit mode where the arrow keys are producting A, B, C, D. It's clearly a mapping issue. Not sure if I can solve that via a term settings or what.

Thanks!
Bill

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tekmage

I don't use vim but there are quite a few proposed solutions here (seems to be a common problem with this program):

https://vim.fandom.com/wiki/Fix_arrow_ ... y_A_B_C_D_on_remote_shell

One would think that at least one of them would help.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Very happy with version 1.4

SSHing my RPIs while we speak!!

Thanks!

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

All works ! Through, last one (and all ones which use "libcaca" for terminal based demos/apps), after running block all the keyboard input so i can't press "esc", or "ctrl+c", or anything, can't close even sshterm. While in original shell can do that of course.

Having reproduced this with one of the libcaca examples, the problem is that there is such a continuous stream of data from the SSH remote host so that SSHTerm never gets out of the libssh2_channel_read() loop to handle input events or write anything back.

Adding a call to the input event handler inside the libssh2_channel_read() loop I'm able to click the window close gadget to close the terminal window, however this is not a sufficient solution as SSHTerm is still stopped from entering the libssh2_channel_write() loop.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

I was able to break out of the ls -R * with no problems. Nice work.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salas00
Tried 1.5 : while indeed libcaca demos and stuff now handles properly, and i can ctrl+c them, in the whole sshterm 1.5 reacts a bit strange on my x5000 : its enough to just connect to machine, and i have 100% cpu loading, all the time, does not matter if i do anything , or if window are very small one. Making the window inactive also didn't change it, it still 100% cpu loading.

It also can be my local connection, but sometime (and probabaly because of 100% cpu loading), i meet with some "pauses", like i do something in console, bah, pause, and all going well after.

I retested to be sure, and 1.4 version do not have that issue. Once i connect, i have the same 0% cpu loading and all scrolls, moves and can be typed fast (except of course those libcaca examples)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Please try with the following version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyqmtrsnpecpgx7/sshterm-20200313.7z?dl=0

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Salas00
That one is ok in terms of scrolling and cpu loading (the same as was with 1.4), and when i run "cacafire" first time, and just after few secs press "esc" or "ctrl+c" from it it also handles and exit well.

But then, if i run it for let's say 10 or 15 seconds, then esc take some time to reacts (5-10 seconds), and after exit, shell is stack.

If i press for example more than 1 time "esc", like, few times tick-tick-tick , then it seems take longer to react as well.

But that version anyway for sure best one, as you at least can exit and scrolling/cpu loading are the same as with 1.4

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Salas00
That one fine with cacafire for sure, i can interrupt it after a minute and pause between pressing "esc" and actual exit from are very small now.

Also cpu loading and scrolling fast too as expected.

The only issue i found now in new version, is that scroll-bar size now didn't reacts in realtime when scroll-buffer is filled by output, but resizes only when when i resize window. Also scroll-bar size recalcualtes if i only use mouse-wheel, so not necessary to resize a window

edit: "cacademo" also works good now, i can via "enter" skip effects, as well as press "esc" any time to exit from.

So if only possible to fix recalcaultion of scroll-bar gadget in realtime with keeping everything as it now, it will be it :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Version 1.6 of SSHTerm is now available:

https://github.com/salass00/sshterm/releases

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Frederik
1.6 version rokz hard! Everything fast, all the things works, no CPU loading, libcaca demos work fine and interrupts fine. Scrolling fast too and calculation of scrollbar works as well now :) Best version for sure.

I also like new "palette" settings: not that its one of the must-to-have options, but surely nice when you want to change feel and look a bit.

Are you open to suggestions at all? I know there can be just a looot, but IMHO (just IMHO) and if you don't mind, there are things which I usually use on putty and which will be really nice to have in sshterm. All of them for the "RMB" menu we have now. So:

-- "Clear scrollback": that one to clear the whole buffer, quite useful when you want to clear all the old stuff, and start a new one, so later to copy it all to buffer

-- "Copy all to buffer": very handly (together with "Clear Scrollback") to get logs, outputs and all stuff you want to fast copy and paste to the editor.

For example, when I work with something and need output from the compiler or logs, I just do "clear scrollback", then run an app in question, when it ends its output "copy all to buffer" => have all that is need it.

Those 2 are good to have.

But really, really true amiga app ! Thanks, donation on the way.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Salas00
Tested new version : thanks a lot for "copy all" and "clear scrollback". They both works as expected, and i tested it in different conditions , all seems fine. "caca" demos still continue to works as should and speed/cpuloading are good too.

Have question about ctrl+home/end and ctrl+keys: where they supposed to work ? I just tried them in shell, and they only produce for me "5x" numbers typed in console.

Another suggestion which you may consider to implement : adding of another control gadget for the sshterm window, where we can "snapphot" position, so every run of sshterm will be on the place we need, and of size we need. Or maybe instead some "settings" menu in which you can for example choice "save settings on exit", and so it will remember and place, and window size, and sshterm's settins (like choice of palette for example).

Also maybe adding "pgup/pgdown" keys for scroll history-buffer as done in our os4s shell will improve usability as well.

ps. "base16 dark" are best :)

@all
If anyone in interest there is new video to show new features and other stuff : https://youtu.be/qmUwn9Rz0xQ

There i run bunch of tests, including cacafire/cacademo demos (quite heavy ones for console), as well as VIM to show how it handles , as well as speed of scrolling, new menu items, palettes and stuff.

Edited by kas1e on 2020/3/23 17:29:49
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »