Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OS4Depot email verification problem identified
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
With the help of glames I have identified why some files get stuck waiting for email verification.

It seems that certain email clients aren't decoding HTML properly, specifically the html tag for ampersand in the verification URL.

When using the link from an email client that doesn't decode it properly the server doesn't get all data it needs to verify the email address.

I've temporarily added a log that stores all verification attempts. This will let me verify these emails manually for now.

When the email doesn't get verified the file is removed from the upload queue after a while. So if this has previously happened to you it shouldn't happen any more.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: OS4Depot email verification problem identified
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

An obvious solution springs to mind:

Send the mails only as pure text like mail is supposed to be. If the email client doesn't support turning the URL into a clickable one, the recipient can still copy and paste the URL into a browser.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@nbache

I'm looking at making it a multipart email. With a section for "text/html" and one for "text/plain".

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

That would probably also help - at least with YAM. I believe it will (by default) display the text part rather than its attempt at summarizing the HTML part, if both are present.

I'm not sure if there are other mailers out there that will show a botched-up HTML part rather than a text part.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I've added both a plain text part and a html part to the outgoing email.

I've also added a more useful error message if you happen to use the incorrectly formatted URL.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To Post