Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: List of wanted Software
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

added, thx for the contribution!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache

Some players and car-audio equipment use the tags to select the profile for the audio equalizer and show the cover-art.

I know all this is not really important, it all can be done on linux, win or macOS. But as I said, the purpose of this list is to give developers a pond to fish out little (and big) ideas for projects. And also to try to prevent many Apps to be developed twice..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigo1

Quote:
Some players and car-audio equipment use the tags to select the profile for the audio equalizer
Ah, didn't know that - strange idea.

Quote:
and show the cover-art.
Yeah, heard about that. I think I'd be too distracted while driving - especially when I was playing Hendrix' Electric Ladyland - but to each his own, I guess.

Quote:
But as I said, the purpose of this list is to give developers a pond to fish out little (and big) ideas for projects. And also to try to prevent many Apps to be developed twice..
Yes, of course. And therefore it's also relevant to mention possible alternatives and discuss what they may be missing, thus refining the requirements.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Amigo1

added Bible App.

Link to www.amigaworld.net

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Resized Image

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Resized Image

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
About MP3 tag editors... yes, the existing tag editors are very much lacking in several ways. Many of them support only v1 tags, but not v2 tags, or if they support v2 tags, then only one version. They also support very limited amount of v2 frames and are designed to edit just the frames their programmer has decided to support. And last but not the least, many of these Amiga libraries/editors are buggy and trashing memory etc. Even standard tag editing functionalities in other operating systems are badly broken. For example, Windows 10 breaks tags if they contain frames it doesn't know.

That's why I decided to write my own MP3 ID3 tag editor. It features:

- Reads v1.0, v1.1, Enhanced (v1+), v2.2.0, v2.3.0, and v2.4.0 tags
- Can write v1.1, v2.3.0, and v2.4.0 tags, and convert between them
- Can remove all kinds of tags
- Recognises all 100+ ID3v2 frames
- Can edit and create 60+ text based ID3v2 frames
- Can attach pictures to MP3 files (multiple images with individual type&description settings), and extract them from MP3 files
- Has a "filename sniffer" to create tags from filenames
- Caches input data of saved files for quick pasting to other files
- Can copy selected frames to other files, or copy data between v1 and v2 tags

The program is already finished, but it's pending to be released at AMIStore for OS4. I already sent it to Matthew over three months ago, but it seems to take time to get anything released at AMIStore, but I'm hoping it'll happen eventually.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jPV

Quote:
I already sent it to Matthew over three months ago, but it seems to take time to get anything released at AMIStore

No, the process should be much faster. I guess they got snowed under again and your program slipped from attention :( I'd suggest you give them a ring and ask. The fastest way to get things sorted out at AmigaKit, according to my experience.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@terminills

Great Progress! Let's hope for an OS4 version! :))

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jPV

This is great! Can't wait to try that out! :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jPV

you have a pm.

Any news on this?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Quote:
No, the process should be much faster. I guess they got snowed under again and your program slipped from attention :( I'd suggest you give them a ring and ask. The fastest way to get things sorted out at AmigaKit, according to my experience.

Well, I've reminded them by email and forum pm's several times and once they got reminded live (at Amiga 34), and I've got some replies where they've said they're sorry for the delay and will add the program to the store, but still nothing. Same with my other program, which I'd also like to get to the store. My spoken English is worse than Finnish rally drivers talk, so not going to give a call at least :)

@Amigo1

Quote:
you have a pm.

Thanks for telling that, I noticed that I don't get emails about private messages.. hopefully changing the "Notification Method" setting fixes that here.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
SiameseSystemSecondGeneration:
-able to use RPi (or x86) Linux SW in a window on workbench (and/or on another screen)
-clipboard sharing
-able to retarget Amiga screen to RPi (or x86) HDMI as another monitor
-interface to use I/O from the other device (like RPi GPIO)

cluster.library:
-enable the use of rendering farm with modern "auxilary" devices (a little like screamernet & mpeg conversions)
-enable the use of other cores as rendering farm
-or just do a openCL.library

mpegstream.library:
-enable to stream 1080p video via "auxilary" processor
-return stream to be usable in Amiga Window or in editor front-end on Amigaside
-perhaps could also do the same as http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/par
-possibly use those other cores

SteamLinkClient:
-to play Steamlink compatible x86 games on Amiga's window/screen

UpdatedVNC server for Amiga:
-Amiga everywhere

Audio driver for radeon GFX cards:
-no mandatory need to support other audio chips/cards then

AmigaVision remake around Hollywood engine:
-is there enough demand?

SCALA remake around Hollywood engine:
-is there enough demand?

HollywoodDesigner update:
-the ultimate NG "powerpoint" tool for Amiga?
-try to beat GoogleSlides with presentation slide generation
-try to be the Next Generation of SCALA/AmigaVision?

in FAR future...

SteamLinkServer:
-ok, we need better HW assisted MPEG encoding via Radeon before this
-then we could use Amiga content in living room via SteamLink.

CastToChromecast:
-more screens or WB dublicated(+scandoubled) to TV

AmiCast:
-cast windows and screens between Amigas

Edited by KimmoK-rebirth on 2019/12/9 7:31:52
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jPV "Same with my other program, which I'd also like to get to the store"

As being betatesting this "other program", I have to say it's really good and worth to try when available!

AMIStore seems as good idea, but without new software and active administrator surely will suffer slow death... :(

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Steam link example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7DKWHmgF7I

(steamlink on RasberryPi)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@terminills

I feel it's been a while since I posted any updates on the status of Final Writer here. Anyway here's a few screenshots of the new font rendering and spell checker. Currently, we're trying to make sure the 68K version runs in as many places as possible. The AOS4 native version will be released in the future.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@terminills
That's good to see some progress. I am afraid that with the speed this project goes, when it will be released, even X5000 will be a retro system. Why it takes so long?

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
My first suggestion is a fun pinball game! I don't have an overview of what is available when it comes to open source pinball games, but found this one after a quick search:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Pinball

There are some good pinball games for classic, but none for AmigaOS 4 as I know of.

I'd love to see an MSX emulator for AmigaOS 4. The MSX has many fun and captivating games one can enjoy like Salamander, Knightmare, Blow-Up and so forth. :)

Would also be great to have an AmigaOS 4 port of Filemaster like MorphOS has (https://aminet.net/package/util/dir/FileMasterPPC).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Why not join forces...

I guess most developers are working on there own, and this takes them days/weeks/months or even years to get their program finished. (Thanks so much you all your work devs )

Why not put you code in the open and show / tell what needs to be done. The community migh be able to fill some gaps and get things speed up.

Even without programming skills (like me.. sorry ) other things could be accomplished like graphics/gui, translations, testing etc..

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jPV

Wondering, did they finally add the programm ??

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »