Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: AmigaGuide/Multiview questions
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache

Quote:

Not to mention Utilities/LogViewer.

They are both equally bad IMHO, LogViewer can only display specific logs and has no search function, logfile.dadatype can show any log in the standard OS log format and does now have a search function, neither allow copying pasting. Logviewer is a bit prettier with colour coded lines for different types of event, which is nice.

It's a shame that you can't choose which datatype to show a file in when they might match mmore than one type.

Edited by broadblues on 2019/5/24 11:24:59
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I did a quick test. I didn't get a crash as such but it displayed guide went inot an infinite loop and consumed all available memory, so that I got mesages from workbench saying to free up some memory, when trying to open a window to get to Ranger.

This is probably why raziels crash log consists of other applivations falling over not logfile.datatype or amigaguide.datatype themsleves.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

Hmm, but it does, scroll down (the crashlog from the other post) to see two instances of logfile.datatype in the 68k registers
68k register dump 
DATA
: 00000001 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 
----> 00000001 - "CLASSES:datatypes/logfile.datatype" Hunk 0000 Offset 00000000 (SegList: 0x13826845
ADDR: 6FFB8700 96213400 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 61A7EEE0 
Page information

Page not found

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

Being referenced in a regsister does not mean it crashed.

The infinite loop of course could be taken as acrash, but it's hard to know what and where s looping.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
Quote:
logfile.dadatype can show any log in the standard OS log format

Where is the standard OS log format documentation? Some programmers might want to use the standard format for logging in a program.

We have netlogviewer, logviewer and now a log datatype. Until the logfile datatype is fixed, I would agree with kasle that logfile datatype should be removed. Having all system memory consumed and subsequent system freeze is a serious issue.

I also suggest that since the file pattern in the logfile datatype descriptor is being ignored, the descriptor hook should check for a #?.log file pattern. In addition I think that the standard log format should include a long character string at the top of the log file for better log recognition.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues
Quote:

Use the scroll bar or press the shift key!

If you open with multiviewer that ram:t/usb.log , and with installed logfile.datatype : then not only scrolling by mouse wheel slow. ANY scrolling slow like hell, and looks like cpu consuming task. Does not matter if you hold shift , or use scrollbar for. Its just didn't scroll content as supposed to scroll any other ascii data in any other editor/viewer/etc.

Just try it yourself for sake of tests. Very visibly that something wrong with datatype when it come to scrolling of ascii data. Maybe it by default scroll by pixels and not by lines, but that didn't explain such a massive slow-motion.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
I'm sure Andy is doing his best to provide good software. In this case, I don't think the logviewer datatype as been used enough to bring the problems to light until now.

@all
I tried to update my Multiviewer with the Enhancer "Update" utility but I just get a message stating that it's not found on the server. Has anyone else been able to get the latest version with Update? I currently have v2.12 and Update says the latest version is v2.14.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

I've got 2.14 inrtalled, it's from 07.10.2018 and i got it a long time ago.

The problem with files/updates missing on the server is a recurring and unfortunately common problem.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)