Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Reactor project and os4
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Amiga programmers, I have a question for you, is there a simple and fast way to convert a gui builded with reactor gui toolkit for OS4?
I’m coming back to use old gadtools but I really don’t like the gui.

Go to top
Re: Reactor project and os4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@flash

Quote:
is there a simple and fast way to convert a gui builded with reactor gui toolkit

Probably not. ReActor saves the GUI as a resource object file, which needs to be handled by the resource.library. I don't remember ReActor having an option to export the GUI as C code. Both ReActor and the resource.library are legacy stuff, and are not used in new projects under AmigaOS4.

Having said that, manually converting a ReActor-designed GUI to C code should be quite easy, as the builder shows you the layout structure including tags for all BOOPSI objects in the GUI.

Quote:
I’m coming back to use old gadtools

Why on Earth would you do something like that, returning to stone age?

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@flash

I problem with Gadtools, is that buttons do not scale to fonts, so you cannot change the font to a bigger font, because there is no layout engine.

None of Amiga gui's support UTF8/UTF32, not MUI, not Reaction, not legacy stuff.

A nice GUI system might be QT.

An option might be write your own GUI, this might take a lot time, and you need to test it, to find and fix all the bugs, that will acidity happen. And need to with clipboard, behave most be consistent with that people expect, and there are many issues, with that.

Then there is this GUI system that makes me nostalgic the BGUI, that provided a unique look and feel, its fast and looks nice, but I think it has many of problem that Gadtools has. And its not native gui toolkit for AmigaOS4.x, so it issue for portability.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

Full acquisition of ReAction GUI toolkit
ReAction logoBrussels, May 14, 2019

Hyperion Entertainment CVBA is pleased to announce that it has acquired full ownership of ReAction.

ReAction is the official AmigaOS GUI system since it was incorporated into AmigaOS 3.5 in 1999. With the release of AmigaOS 4 and newer it has been improved, bug-fixed and a more consistent and uniform look was created as is apparent from the various applications that make use of it. Hyperion Entertainment and the AmigaOS development team would like to thank the original developers for creating ReAction and providing the opportunity to roll out ReAction on all versions of AmigaOS.

Stay tuned for more news regarding ReAction in the near future!

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@SinanSam460

Which means that now they'll sit on it forever, like on everything else.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForit

Quote:
A nice GUI system might be QT.

<SHUDDER> I think QT make gadtools look awesome from the users point of view, QT GUI's are just ugly and awkward.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@SinanSam460

Great news, I hope there will be in next weeks a new reactor os4 compatible version.
I'm looking to reneable reactor gui on FlashMandelNG_OS4 fractal program.
It's heavily based on reactor gui builder, and now it's downgraded to gadtools gui.

Thanks!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@flash

Quote:
I hope there will be in next weeks a new reactor os4 compatible version.

Don't hold your hopes for that. ReActor was a Haage&Partner project, Hyperion have never had access to the code of either ReActor or the resource.library, and the ReActor object file format is undocumented. There is no chance you'll see a native version for OS4.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@flash

If you can handle gadtools you should find a hand built reaction interface easy with just a little patience....

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

I thought they contacted and contracted class act/reaction rights from H&P, in that case reactor gui builder should be in the bundle..

Do you have an example about how to convert from reactor to c code? Can you suggest me any link to look for on internet?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@flash

Quote:
I thought they contacted and contracted class act/reaction rights from H&P, in that case reactor gui builder should be in the bundle

No, Haage&Partner never owned ClassAct/ReAction, the toolkit was merely licensed for use in OS3.5 and above. Hyperion must have bought it from the original ClassAct authors (Chris Aldi & co.), who in turn never owned ReActor (H&P did).

Quote:
Do you have an example about how to convert from reactor to c code?

Sorry, I don't think anyone ever bothered to try that.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

Whenever I see some taking over source code, or whenever source code is taken over, I can't help wonder if some left and to do something else.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top

Register To Post