Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Curl error Odyssey
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi all,
For some days using Odyssey with YT.rexx gives me this error, only using the video search function:

GNU gdb 6.3 (AmigaOS build 20050719)
Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and / or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "ppc-amigaos".
Reading symbols from /Amiga//data/YT/Tools/curl...Dwarf Error: wrong version in compilation unit header (is 4, should be 2) [in module / Amiga // data / YT / Tools / curl]
GDB can not read core files on this machine.
(Gdb)

If I open the videos with YT.rexx directly without the search everything works.
Am I wrong?
Or could it be that the youtube site has changed something inside it?
SMTube works perfectly with MickjT-mplayer

Thank you for every answer.

Go to top
Re: Curl error Odyssey
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@white
Looks like curl has crashed, and somehow you are trigger gdb via the GrimReaper window.

Does the GrimReaper window open first?

It's possible that you aren't seeing that it's crashed and typing ketstrokes that trigger the keyboard short cut to attach gdb to the crashed curl process.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yeah it looks like some crash in curl. You could look through the YT-Debug.log file and try to re-run curl with most of the same arguments, but maybe take the s out of -Lkso. Dwarf stuff I've only seen when kas1e informed me about some problems he had when mixing libraries built with different gcc versions (but that issue was sorted out for him). curl itself is a statically linked binary that's tested before being put on OS4Depot, so it should be fine.

I did notice a double-slash in that path name, but it's probably just a quirk of gdb.

I have the same question as broadblues. Did the GrimReaper window open first? If you were typing away at the time, it may have only briefly flashed on the screen. If so, looking through the YT-Debug.log file to see what the full command line arguments were for curl, will help.

When you say "video search function", I'm not 100% sure what you mean. YT.rexx will detect a non-YouTube site and scan the webpage for links to YouTube videos. When it does that it will be running curl many times (not simultaneously though). Perhaps there's some issue when it's ran over and over again in quick succession. Out of curiosity, how many megabytes of memory are you using in WinUAE? Are you using the 64bit or 32bit version of WinUAE?

Edited by MickJT on 2018/2/19 15:48:12
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks for the answers.
and sorry for the logs

Edited by white on 2018/2/20 17:56:13
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Post edited

Edited by white on 2018/2/20 17:57:17
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Wow that's a lot of stuff. I only wanted 1 line from it, the curl line that crashes. Crash logs won't help because I don't have any build of curl with debug symbols.

Can you edit your posts and remove all that stuff? It's causing this page to not display correctly.

I've sent you an e-mail with something to try.

Your debug log file seems nearly complete but missing the part where it tries to play the video. It's interesting that it didn't just freeze and go no further at the last curl line.

Seeing as you're on WinUAE and I've had issues with curl on it before, can you try using RTL8029 PCI card emulation instead of A2065, and use rtl8029.device that comes with OS4.1, and reduce your memory a bit. Try 512MB of RAM and 128MB of VRAM.

I notice other issues with not being able to parse the .js file. So, even if everything else was working, that particular video wouldn't have played. I'll look into it.

Edit: Fixed .js parsing, but I'll do some more testing before uploading an update.

Edit 2: I just noticed your crash log says it was in dos.library.kmod. That doesn't seem right. As above, try reducing your WinUAE Z3 memory to 512MB and VRAM to 128MB and see what happens.

Edited by MickJT on 2018/2/20 17:52:17
Edited by MickJT on 2018/2/20 18:28:09
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi MickJT, thanks for your patience, the test with Curl did not give me any crashes.
I tried RTL 8029 PCI.device doing some tests.
Also decreasing the ram memory and the uaegfx memory
Probably I did too many tests with odyssey but the copy I used and a backup of a configuration that was fine.
I wanted to tell you if the problem solved by Toni in winUAE in the last beta released is useful.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=90673&page=4
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=90673&page=5
I hope it's helpful I apologize if I write here.
I just wanted to say that the videos start perfectly on the homepage of YouTube
Only when I try to search for a video on YouTube Curl gives me the error.
To make Odyssey lighter, use IPad as a user-agent.
But this problem also occurs if I use Odyssey as the default browser.
I apologize, if you prefer I can send you an email if you prefer.
Thanks again for your availability.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white

I don't think those WinUAE fixes have any relation to this specific issue.

Next time it happens, send me another GrimReaper crashlog and YT-Debug.log file in an e-mail. If I recall correctly before you edited the post, the crash was in the module dos.library.kmod. To me that indicates it's not actually curl crashing. I was thinking maybe it's memory corruption. The script shouldn't be behaving any differently.

If you can e-mail me 2 different YT-Debug.log files, one where it works fine, and one where the crash happens, I'll at least be able to tell you if there's some significant difference or not in the way YT.rexx is behaving.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT

Thanks for your time.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi MickjT,
thanks for the new 1.6 version of YT.rexx.
it works perfectly.
Thanks again.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white

Glad to hear (read?) it.

Go to top

Register To Post