Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »
Re: MickJT-MPlayer
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

"however with 1 single common repositor"

That is not how git-hub work, he should fork my repo, commit changes to his own repo, if I think his fixes are OK, will merge his changes back to my repository.

mplayer-hq only accepts tar balls, way changes are not commit back to Mplayer-hq, it will also require separating Amiga dependencies from rest of mplayer, clean it up.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2017/12/25 23:08:02
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

Tried it with simple shell (as opposed to the gui):
"libavformat version 57.25.100 (internal)
AVI file format detected.
[aviheader] Video stream found, -vid 0
[aviheader] Audio stream found, -aid 1
Seek failed
Seek failed
Seek failed
Seek failed
Seek failed
Seek failed"

This is an AVI file that works with emotion or worked previously with your mplayer. I use the default settings:

lavdopts=skiploopfilter=all

alang=en

quiet=1

cache=10000

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Srtest

MikeJT tried to change 64bit seek stuff, I guess he broke it what is the size of files your playing?

He wrote to me had tested it, its possible he might not have done a "Make Clean" or there where no absolute seeks in codecs he tested.

if you seeking just +/2GB it no issue, but if seeking above 2GB, you need off_t64 and seek64(),

anyway the changes are not need on Linux, it only because the SDK does NOT implement -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

so bug is not really a mplayer issue at all, but a SDK problem.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2017/12/25 23:09:41
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MickJT

I finally tryed the updated version of mplayer.
The "new" version seems about 10% slower than os4depot version, maybe for the shell output?

Also the os4depot seems a bit faster than liveforit version.

The OS4Depot with -ao sdl works fine and the updated versions works fine without any extra command but slower...

Hope that helps.

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Srtest

There's a possibility of some seek() stuff I need to change.

Do you have a link to the exact file you are trying to play? Big Buck Bunny. Should be a freely available link somewhere? Also if you an md5 hash of the file, that'd be great so I can know that I'll be be trying the very same one.

Edit: I tried the 1920x1080 .avi torrent from https://peach.blender.org/download/ and I don't get seek errors here.

@samo79

I didn't start from LiveForIt's latest version. I started fresh from the official 1.3.0 source, then merged in changes from LiveForIt's repo and other sources bit by bit. My plan was originally to overwrite afxgroup's build, and I had permission to, but others wanted it kept for historical preservation, not to mention there's always the possibility of accidental regression of features.

The "TeamTeam" stuff, where exactly are you seeing that? In the GUI itself or on the titlebar of the window when playing a video? Which video output is being used (comp/p96_pip/etc.)? In MPlayer-GUI 1.60, I am seeing "2000-2016 MPlayer Team" at the screen titlebar when the GUI window is active.

Edit: The screenshot option the menu is different because when using filters, the regular screenshot option doesn't capture those differences.

@Tuxedo

Is v1.0 consistently crashing on every run for you, or just sometimes? You mention the new one runs 10% slower so I assume 1.0 doesn't always crash or at least not immediately.

The altivec version in post #1 of this thread disables altivec instructions used by ao_ahi_dev2.c, but shouldn't be slower than LiveForIt-MPlayer 6.5.7 because that didn't use them either as far as I know.

What soundcard are you using, if any? AHI settings/frequency? Curious.

Edit: Clarity.

Edited by MickJT on 2017/12/26 1:29:24
Edited by MickJT on 2017/12/26 1:32:09
Edited by MickJT on 2017/12/26 1:32:55
Edited by MickJT on 2017/12/26 3:55:04
Edited by MickJT on 2017/12/26 4:26:56
Edited by MickJT on 2017/12/26 4:41:44
Edited by MickJT on 2018/1/4 2:16:24
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:
The "TeamTeam" stuff, where exactly are you seeing that? In the GUI itself or on the titlebar of the window when playing a video? Which video output is being used (comp/p96_pip/etc.)? In MPlayer-GUI 1.60, I am seeing "2000-2016 MPlayer Team" at the screen titlebar when the GUI window is active.

In titlebar of the Workbench when i play a video using MPlayer GUI 1.60
See grab --> https://ibb.co/mGVbEm

I use p96_pip driver

Quote:
Edit: The screenshot option the GUI is different because when using filters, the regular screenshot option doesn't capture those differences.

Ok, however is it possible to pick the name of the video as when you press "s" ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

That's where I was looking too. Interesting that it's fine here with the same version of MPlayer-GUI.

The Stay on Top functionality for p96_pip has been commented out. I'll ask why first before I enable it again.

Edit: Found the issue. MPlayer-GUI doesn't clear the line properly when switching binaries. So that must mean you're loading up MPlayer-GUI that has a version of mplayer with a longer version line, then switching over to my binary with a shorter version line.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Ok Mick, as you are able to test all that pip stuff can you verify also the play/pause option ?
This one seems broken aswell, if you press "pause" the video will be paused only for a second, then it restarted automatically ... if i remember correctly that one was broken also in the LiveForIt release

To compare i tested the old version from afxgroup and there it works ok

P.S.
The checkbox in Play/Pause might be removed aswell i think .. i don't see a great use there

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Hi,

Check my edit above. Found the cause of the version prob.

Pause option is working fine here. I know if there's 100% cpu usage, there could be issues sending/receiving AREXX signals. Or if you're trying to compete with the GUI by pressing space in the window and making the GUI get confused.

Which checkbox? "Start paused"? That's the only checkbox I see. I'm not the author of the GUI though.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:
Edit: Found the issue. MPlayer-GUI doesn't clear the line properly when switching binaries. So that must mean you're loading up MPlayer-GUI that has a version of mplayer with a longer version line, then switching over to my binary with a shorter version line.

Funny thing ... then it could be a bugreport for Denill maybe

Quote:
Pause option is working fine here. I know if there's 100% cpu usage, there could be issues sending/receiving AREXX signals. Or if you're trying to compete with the GUI by pressing space in the window and making the GUI get confused.

Right, indeed Play/Pause seems working fine if i don't use MPlayer GUI at all ..
Do you think we must report also this one to Denill ?

Quote:
Which checkbox? "Start paused"? That's the only checkbox I see. I'm not the author of the GUI though.

No no, i mean the Play/Pause option (under Play menu) of your version of MPlayer

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Ahh you mean when you right-click? I'm out of the house at the moment but I can check that later. Don't worry about reporting the other stuff to Denill just yet.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Yep, the embedded menu of MPlayer .. that one were implemented by Andrea, but LiveForIt improved them greatly with more options .. just i don't understand the need of that checkbox in play option )

Ah and now i understood the difference between pressing "s" and the screenshot option in MPlayer menu .. the one in menu took a screenshot of the entire workbench while pressing "s" took a grab of the video .. but i don't understand if it was intentional or not, aniway

P.S.
Ok for reporting issues to Denill later

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Check post #25 regarding the screenshot stuff.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The Non Altivec version DO NOT works great on my X5000, I will instead Reconmend Emotionplayer for X5000.

Merry Xmas

AaaamiiigaOne X5000
(AmigaOS 4.1 FE)
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Skateman
Thats bullshit it works great on your X5000 :)
Send over your Configfile if you want me to belive you...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Plexus

All I care is that it works at least as well as LiveForIt-MPlayer 6.5.7 :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MickJT

Nothing against your work on mplayer, thanks anyway

But when people say it works on X5000 I be very skeptical. why people say something works but it dont... I dont understand why people pretend...
or they only try one video and say it works well... I not sure.

On X5000 this version have problems... Mai Pen Rai like thais say or nevermind.

I only want to state this mplayer not work well on X5000

Srry

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MickJT

ok done some more tests...

I benchamrked the Quantum Rise 720p teaser and got:

with latest beta: 149s
with os4depot version: 122s
with liveforIt version : 129s

parameters: -nosound -vo null -benchmark

only evident difference was that latest beta have shell output on play state that os4depot and liveforIT version dont have so dont know if shell output makes some difference here...

- For the "Cant find Home directory" error also here on a mp4 I tested.

- For the ahi crash I noticed that on the up mentioned Quantum Rise video wasnt present ie the video was played ok, in other video formats instead I got the crash(that wawsnt here if put -ao sdl however).

If needed I can try to setup some sort of file share to directly test you the problems on same videos...
I'm currently uploadin on my box account so can share the directory if you like...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
ok upload finished...

https://app.box.com/s/uj6xruq43lqtbdu6801j56c73le9hn4n

in the folder was present 3 video files.

mp4 file have thye Home directory problem
flv video ifle have the ahi crash with os4depot version
wmv file dont have the ahi problem with os4depot version and was the file I used to benchmark

Hope that helps

EDIT: ok, mp4 file seems corrupt...no way to play it with any mplayer version of ffplay...

EDIT2: I uploaded QauntumRise.vob converted from the wmv file using ffmpeg gui with latest ffmpeg from os4depot, I wnat only to point that the vob file was played by afxgroup about same speed of other mplayer ports(related to cpu usage looking to cpu docky), but benchmarking it I got 93sec instead of 30/32 of mickJT version, liveforIT version instead geve me "[mpeg2video @ 0x6063d460]get_buffer() failed (stride changed)
Error while decoding frame!" but plays it correctly if playing it normally.

Also have a file where video was corrupt(like the lines wasnt ended correctly so the video was all corrupted like if tehe previous line was ending on the next line for few pixels and so on or something like that) afxgroup mplayer instead play it correctly(afx group mplayer play it correctly)...was a flv video downloaded from YouTube(too big to upload...about 130MB, but if needed I'll try)

EDIT3: ok I splitted the file was the "Why use amiga..."

Edited by Tuxedo on 2017/12/26 14:24:32
Edited by Tuxedo on 2017/12/26 15:09:14
Edited by Tuxedo on 2017/12/26 15:09:56
Edited by Tuxedo on 2017/12/26 15:25:41
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:
Edit 3: p96_pip Stay On Top enabled and on by default. Other path fixes.

Mmm Mick it still doesn't work, atleast with the generic version i'm using (Sam440) :-/

EDIT:

Ok it's a bit tricky but i was able to make it working, however it's buggy i think ... i mean, i need to enabled it from menu and that's ok, however i need to pause the video otherwise it doesn't work at all .. also if Stay on Top is enabled the internal menu of MPlayer stop working aswell ..

Edited by samo79 on 2017/12/26 18:04:13
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »