Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
AOrganiser
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello!

I just bought AOrganiser and tried the option to sync with my google calendar. I followed the instructions, copied the long code google gave me, everything seems to run smoothly, it launches the scripts from the menu "sync", BUT it doesn't sync either way.
If I launch other scripts from the menu "launch a script", it says that it is not executable...

I'm lost

Go to top
Re: AOrganiser
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
According to AOrganiser promo video and what Andy said you have to exit and restart for the sync to work as far as I understood !

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ricossa

Quote:

I just bought AOrganiser

Thanks for the support!

Quote:

and tried the option to sync with my google calendar. I followed the instructions, copied the long code google gave me, everything seems to run smoothly, it launches the scripts from the menu "sync", BUT it doesn't sync either way.

I presume you allowed it to download the dependencies in the installer?

Did you install AmiSSL 4 from aminet?

Quote:

If I launch other scripts from the menu "launch a script", it says that it is not executable...

Somewhere in the AmiStore process the script bits get reset, I've updated the installer for the next version to fix this (by resetting them in the instaler script) but for now you will need to reset them by hand.

IN a shell:
CD to your AOrganiser directory.

Then do

PROTECT Scripts/CalDAV/#?.py +s

If you still can't sync after installing AmiSSL and reseting the script bits, first try running the GoogleWizard again then if that doesn't fix it ...

IN a shell do:

setenv AOrganiser/LOGFILE Ram:AO.log
setenv AOrganiser/LOGLEVEL 1

run Diary try and sync an event (edit one and press OK)
then send me the log files by email

andy@broad.ology.org.uk

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Lio

Quote:

According to AOrganiser promo video and what Andy said you have to exit and restart for the sync to work as far as I understood !

That was just to unghost the sync menu, the background sync should still work without restrting.

[edit]
And that little bugette is now fixed.....

Edited by broadblues on 2017/6/19 20:19:28
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

For the protection bit, I only did it with the scripts with an icon. Now it works.

The sync still doesn't work. I will send you the log file

Thanks

Luca

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ricossa

Got the log thanks, seems to indicate your are "in sync" the ctags on the remote server (google) and in the AO diary match.

Please try adding an event to the AO diary and send me the log from that.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
it works now, BUT the time is out of sync: from my Amiga into google calendar, it goes one hour later. From google into AO, it goes 2 hours back.
Eg, if I set an event in AO at 9 AM, it appears in google at 10. If I set it at 10 in google, it appears at 8 in AO. Both sides are GMT+1 and summer time (I leave in Switzerland). From google into my phone and back it's OK

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ricossa

Good that you have syncing working.

It looks like you have timezone issue.

How is your timezone setup on AmigaOS ?

When you create an event in AOrganiser does the default time have the timezone field set or it it blank? If it's blank AO failed to detect your timezone.

Normally this works via locale.library / timezone.kibrary

When you create an event on your phone then view it in AO does that event show a timezone? If that shows blank then its possible that Google is using a timezone description name AmigaOS doesn't recongnise, I *did* add code to cache such unexpected zone names though.

Ultimatly to debug this I need a log setup the same way as before teken while you creat an event on AO and sync it with the phone and then create an event (or even edit the same one) on google/phone and it syncs with AO.

I'll be able to see from that what timezone are being used by both ends of the pipeline.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I did a quick test, setting an event on my phone with it's timezone set to switzerland and google sent the vent with the timezone, Europe/Zurich, which is the same name used by AmigaOS (they usualy are only a very few differ, and few are missing).

So I suspect the issue is timezone detection in AO.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Both sides have Central Europe, GMT+2

Now, when editing an event in AO I notice that the timezone is not specified. I did it manually, and the event, planned for 9:00 appeared in AO at 7:00. But in google it appears correctly at 9:00 !!

Then edited it in my phone, but it was not updated.

Then directly in google, moved to 11:00, and in AO it appeared at 09:00.

I will send you the logs

Cheers

LR

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ricossa

Quote:

Both sides have Central Europe, GMT+2

I can see that your phone / google is using Europe/Paris and the test event you created was with Europe/Zurich both of which resolve to Central European Sumer time (UTC + 2)

Quote:

Now, when editing an event in AO I notice that the timezone is not specified.

Okay that means AO couldn't work out your time zone for some reason.

It would be useful to know how your locale country and timezone prefs are set and also your timezone prefs, so I can debug that.

The only times it couldn't work it out when testing was if I set timezone ooutside a given country.

Quote:

I did it manually, and the event, planned for 9:00 appeared in AO at 7:00.

That confirms AO is in UTC

Quote:

But in google it appears correctly at 9:00 !!

As it would for a correct timezone

Quote:

Then edited it in my phone, but it was not updated.

Phone updates can lag for a couple of minutes sometimes, there a refresh item in the menu of my phone calendar that forces the chnage to be updated.

Quote:

Then directly in google, moved to 11:00, and in AO it appeared at 09:00.

Yep, the website is "instant" (just a up to a minute delay for the next sync request in AO).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I tried to set the timezone through "prefs/timezone".

I set Switzerland, then in advanced options, create variable TZ, mode 2 Europe/Zurich

Then created an event "test" at 6 am, but it displays at 4 am in AO...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Could you send /post sreenshorts of your locale country timezone etc prefs?

I'm working on a small update to allow manually setting tye tiezone, which I will send you to test, it could be useful anyway for those that want the diary to be in a different zone to where they are...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ricossa

Thanks for the shots, I'm thinking that the choice of three types of switzerland is what confuses AO when it parse the locale settings to guess the timezone.

I sent you an updated AO by email with a new script menu item to manually set the timezine explicitly, hopefully that should fix the issue for you.

That feature will be added to the upcoming 2.2 release (free to all 2.1 customers, naturally)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues
I use Yahoo instead of Google, is there any chance that you could provide support for Yahoo's calender as well ? By the way I did purchase AOrganizer last week, nice program.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues
Thank you, problem solved. Is there any chance to have also an addressbook in AO, like it was in Organiser?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BCP

Sorry for delay in responding. I have been researching Yahoo's calendar over the last week and half or so, it's been a bit of a nightmare just trackng down the right URLs to access, as they seem to have discarded the bulk of their informative tech help pages....

Eventually I got IceOwl woring with a test calendar for reference and created a basic AO client only to find I got 502 Bad Gateway errors when connecting with AmiSSL and simple failures to connect when switching to openssl.

After some hair pulling I ran my python code on linux and found it worked on python 2.7 but broke on python 2.5 in exactly the same way, so it seems that the python 2.5 ssl module can't connect to Yahoo calendar for some reason.

So the unfortunate answer is I can't support Yahoo calendar at the moment.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Taking the opportunity to ask for help

On the upcoming version of VMT I'm planning to add the possibility to add reminders to AOrganiser, but I have a couple of problems. I already asked directly help to Broadblues but, despite his advises I did not solved my problems.

First of all I never used Arex, so probably I'm missing some relevant fact.
Secondly I'm using the latest free version of AOrganiser (sorry broadblues). 1.4
For what I understood from Aorganiser manual and Arex, to add an entry I generate and run a small arex program structured as follow:

/*VMT add entry to AOrganiser*/
ADDRESS DIARY
' Add DATESTRING/31-12-18, TITLE/Promemoria aggiunto da V.M.T., NOTE/Promemoria aggiunto da V.M.T.**Fiat 500L Targa AA000AA**Scadenza Collaudo'

It obviously does not work and I'm getting an arex error that actually can't remember as I'm not at home.

For sure in this example is wrong the date format. The manual states that should be an extended format according to the nationality catalog. This is giving me a first problem as I should have on all the catalogs with the translation for the months (at least in Hollywood I do not know how to retrieve it from the system). I would ask Broadblues to consider to give the possibility to use a data in short format as per mine erroneous example. (it would be great to have it on the 1.4 version as well).

Should AOrganiser up and running when I run the arex script or not?

If someone could try to copy and execute above example and show me where it is wrong it would be really appreciated. Actually I'm stuck on this problem for releasing the updated version of my program.

thanks in advance

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ilbarbax

Quote:

Secondly I'm using the latest free version of AOrganiser (sorry broadblues). 1.4

/me wonders off in a sulk...
Right that's enough sulking

The simpler Arexx comands should be upwards compatable.

Quote:

/*VMT add entry to AOrganiser*/
ADDRESS DIARY
' Add DATESTRING/31-12-18, TITLE/Promemoria aggiunto da V.M.T., NOTE/Promemoria aggiunto da V.M.T.**Fiat 500L Targa AA000AA**Scadenza Collaudo'

You have your syntax ermm ... phrased somewhat unusally shall we say

There no need for the '/' seperators commas, etc. and any args with spaces need quoting. You may have got confused by the ReadArgs() style template for the command.

Often it's best with commands sent to hosts to put the whole command in a single quote, and then quote any arguments in double quotes.

Try
/*VMT add entry to AOrganiser*/
ADDRESS DIARY
'Add DATESTRING "31 12 2018"  TITLE "Promemoria aggiunto da V.M.T."  NOTE "Promemoria aggiunto da V.M.T.**Fiat 500L Targa AA000AA**Scadenza Collaudo"'

And yes the diary program will need to be running.

[edit]
typos format errors and more typos.....

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »