Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 90

walkero, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

X5000 reviewed by Ars Technica
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
The review is here:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/0 ... beloved-amiga-meets-2017/

While I haven't read all of it yet, it comes across as pretty positive so far. But I have spotted a couple of mistakes:
* The article claims that "memory protection" was added in 4.0 ! Maybe he meant virtual memory (actually paged memory) in 4.1?
* He says there is a "MagicWorkbench” GUI development library, when I assume he means "Magic User Interface"!
* Apparently "Hyperion and A-EON have released a tool called RunInUAE", but I shall forgive the mistaken attribution

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: X5000 reviewed by Ars Technica
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
nice reading

Yes father, forgive them! LOL!!!

Go to top
Re: X5000 reviewed by Ars Technica
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Yeah, article kind of positive, but a bit misleading in some parts as well :)

Imho, should be bolded the phrase "while you can install gfx cards with any amount of memory, and can put a lot of GB of main memory, os still don't have ability to use more than 256mb of video ram, as well as can't use more that 1.8gb of main memory with some exceptions".

Then, there will be much less positive comments under article :) Ppls even now say "damn, how expensive" and co, but they do not know that half of hardware not utilizied by OS :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post