Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

My monitor modes disappeared after backup
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I needed to repartition my SYS partition, so I made a backup of all files, repartitioned and copied back the backup and rebooted.

But now Workbench boots into a 1280x1024 display and my other modes are gone. WTF?

Anyone seen anything similar?

------------------------

In ScreenMode I can see my two monitors "Radeon" and "Radeon HD 6570" in the dropdown list. It seems to be using the plain Radeon monitor now. Changing to the other one does not give me its list of monitors on the "Available Modes" tab.

What do I need to do to 'enable' the Radoen HD 6570 monitor again? What could have caused it to be disabled such that I can't use its modes?

During the restoring process I booted up from an older workbench backup partition which displayed correctly and had the same screenmode prefs, which I haven't changed for years.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Re: My monitor modes disappeared after backup
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Deniil

Check the kickstart/RadeonHD.chip make sure you ddn;t backup to the cut down OS version....

Go to top
Re: My monitor modes disappeared after backup
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The thing is I did a mirror copy (using BackUp, no errors) and only softrebooted between partitioning and restoring so the original RadeonHD.chip should still be in memory (as we speek).

In the meantime I let it boot up on an older (FE) partition. But it is also new enough to use the same RadeonHD.chip, and the resolution was OK here.

Only when I did the final reboot after restoring it came up without my modes.

So wierd... I solved it temporarily by simply adding 1920x1080 to the default Radeon monitor and softrebooted again, so now I get the correct resolution. But selecting "Radeon HD 6570" still doesn't make its modes availble...

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top

Register To Post