Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 »
Re: vpdf ? vpdf!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache
Quote:

I do wish there was some more navigation control, e.g. menu items and buttons for first/last/prev/next page, and support for PgUp/PgDn, for example.

Yep, i need to check morphos's version once morphos for x5000 will be out, to see if it not implemented, or implemented but just need to be deal with in port. But i for myself miss buttons "first page / last page". They will help quite a lot, hope author will add something in next versions.

Quote:

Edit: BTW, the behaviour when selecting and copying text is a bit strange. At least in this two-column document. I tried marking a paragraph in the right column and copy it. Both columns are marked with black simultaneously, and the black block starts too early and ends too early. There is also drawn a red outline, which seems to be more correctly placed, and only in the right column. But the copied text follows the black block marking and mixes content from both columns.

Yeah whole marking don't feels very fluid. In the sources there even warning saying "implement double buffering", so at least it is known and will be deal with probably.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
But i for myself miss buttons "first page / last page".
Yep, me too.

Quote:
Yeah whole marking don't feels very fluid. In the sources there even warning saying "implement double buffering", so at least it is known and will be deal with probably.
Good, let's hope it will be.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e,
I have a pdf file that doesn't work with vpdf but work with amipdf
link to the file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54849767/Manuale156.pdf

I hope the link is valid

Thanks

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@pvanni
Are you sure ? For me it works fine and in APDF and in VPDF. Just in VPDF it loads faster. There is prove:

(press open in other tab for fullsize)

Resized Image

Resized Image

Be sure you use version from os4depot, not some previous ones, as well as be sure you change nothing in fonts.conf.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
pvanni's file works here too. However, I just reported a bug in the "vpdf v amipdf" topic that I should have reported here.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
Quote:

I found a new bug related to saving some MUI prefs in vpdf. Here is how to reproduce:

1. Delete or move to backup location the ENVARC:MUI/vpdf.1.prefs file if it exists.
2. Open vpdf and select the Settings/MUI menu.
3. Go to the MUI "Screen" settings and select the "frontmost public screen" option.
4. Save the MUI prefs and quit vpdf.
5. Open vpdf by double-clicking the icon and select the "Project/Open FIle..." menu.
6. Nothing happens. No requester opens. You can't load a PDF file.

I noticed this when testing if I could make vpdf my default PDF viewer. Since I can open PDFs from my Dopus4 screen and Internect screen, I needed to have vpdf open on the sereen where I was working. Until this problem is fixed, I'll have to leave AmiPDF as my default PSF reader.

Interesting ! Can it be because of MUI itself , or its VPDF bug ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Assuming that vpdf uses popasl class for a file requester, it's hard to see how vpdf could be at fault. The popasl autodoc states that popasl puts the screen tag in the taglist before the program adds tags. Since it's a screen option (frontmost) that's being changed in the vpdf MUI prefs, I suspect that MUI isn't giving popasl the correct screen info; causing it to fail. That's just a guess and I haven't had time to locate another MUI program that uses popasl to see if changing the program's screen setting to 'frontmost' causes the same failure.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
I made BZ on muidev about, will see if it mui or vpdf fault. Anyway that will be fixed soon enough for sure.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e,
I dont know whats happening, I reinstalled vpdf and MUI,
but for me it's not working and only with that file :(
Anyway thanks for the attention

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
This is the PDF what kas1e will be ported from MorphOS? and the bounty made for it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e, @xenic
Please refer to ticket #333 in the MUI bugtracker: https://muidev.de/ticket/333

All further discussion about the bug should be continued there. The bugtracker exists for very good reasons.

@kas1e
Roman, you really should include your modified source code in your release archive. Otherwise it will be hard to tell whether a bug is caused by your modifications or whether it has been in the original code already.

@xenic
You should not jump to conclusions so easily. The fact that an MUI application openes an Asl requester does not necessarily mean that Popasl class is responsible for the requester. Popasl class opens a requester upon user interaction only (i.e. clicking the popup button). This should have become obvious when reading the corresponding Autodoc, which you obviously did as you mentioned the Autodocs yourself.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thore
Quote:

All further discussion about the bug should be continued there. The bugtracker exists for very good reasons.

Yeah, replied.

Quote:

Roman, you really should include your modified source code in your release archive. Otherwise it will be hard to tell whether a bug is caused by your modifications or whether it has been in the original code already.

Yep, will do so for next upload.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tboeckel
I tested setting the "frontmost" screen option with several other MUI programs that use popasl and there was no problem. My wild guess about the cause was apparently completely wrong.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
Thore fixed it, check latest comments there: https://muidev.de/ticket/333#comment:7

In other words tommorow's mui build should deal with.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Great. I'll try it when it's available. At this point it looks like tboeckel should thank you for porting vpdf and uncovering a number of MUI bugs

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
Quote:

Great. I'll try it when it's available

You can alerady, just download latest nightly:
https://muidev.de/download/MUI%205.0%2 ... 5.0-20170207r5780-os4.lha

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Sources of VPDF port with all aos4 changes there:
https://github.com/kas1e/mui_ports_to_os4/tree/master/VPDF

I not sure if Kiero will merge anything from, be it os4 changes (probably not), or few fixes which we do in whole, but at least i do my part. And probably it will be easy now if anyone will have need to port it to os3 for example.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e: Many thanks for vpdf, it works much faster here than AmiPDF (Sam460). Very cool ;)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Here's an ignorant question: How do I gain access to mui5 nightly builds? What am I missing? Thx! :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Vulture

The official site for MUI for AmigaOS exists since 3 years by now. It is really quite ignorant if you didn't spot it by now, left alone the regular announcements of new MUI versions here on this site. The last release is just 2 weeks ago.

But ok, once more just for you: www.muidev.de

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 »