Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Preferences updated to 1.40
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Preferences 1.30

Preferences is program that shows a window with grouped icons for launching the prefs-programs found in "SYS:Prefs/", among others. You may see the snapshot(s) for examples how it looks.

FEATURES

- Groups the AOS4.1 default Prefs-programs into six main categories.
- Uses the same images as the current icons set.
- Supports localization.
- Supports Console prefs in AOS 4.1 FE.
- Supports MUI prefs.
- Supports Granite, AOS4 firewall.
- Possible to open the "Presets" WB drawer.
- Possible to open the "Prefs" WB drawer.
- Possible to open the "ENVARC:" WB drawer.
- Amiga HELP key (Scroll-Lock) brings up the About window.
- Tooltypes.

CHANGES

1.30: (2016 May)
NOTE: Sorry that 3rd-party-program feature and Greek translation are not included in this update. They were meant to be but because they need some more time as they are not 100% finished yet (roughly 50%-80 done already) and I wanted to get this update out the door sometime as this update has dragged out quite too many nights programming time already and I need to move on to other programming tasks in the meanwhile. And I don't like leaving users to wait for too long on finished features. However, the plan is to get them both included in the next update :)
- Implemented (optional) addition of MUI prefs into the Personal-group, you can turn this off by setting the Tooltype: MUIinPersonal = NO .
- Implemented (optional) addition of Granite prefs into the Internet-group, you can turn this off by setting the Tooltype: GraniteInInternet = NO .
- Implemented (optional) shadow to icons. (You can turn it off by setting the Tooltype: IconShadows = NO)
- Implemented (a customizable) first string in the window title. (To set this use the Tooltype: CustomTitle = FirstTitleString)
- Added transations, Dutch by Johan Banis, German by Thomas Blatt, Spanish by Enrique Mecklenburg and British-English checked by Severin. NOTE: Greek translation will be included in the next release (hopefully).
- Implemented ToopTypes for background, foreground and group title colors.
- Corrected all "Env-Archive" paths to "ENVARC", thanks Severin.
- Swapped "Prefs/" and "ENVARC:" icons, so they become alphabetic.
- Declared application information. (title, authors, $VER: and $EXTVER: string versions, identifier, copyright, and description).
- A couple of other optimizations.

1.20: (2015 Nov)
- Startup icon drawing optimized, approximatively 5%-15% faster now.
- Added a different button state when clicking buttons/icons, suggested by Guillaume (zzd10h) Boesel.
- Added ENVARC: button/icon, suggested by Guillaume (zzd10h) Boesel.
- Added a new default program icon, (the old renamed as alt icon, in case someone still prefers to use that icon).
- Added a menu with two items, About and Quit, for easier access. And also for showing theirs hotkey.
- Now compiled to HW applet as well, suggested by Severin.
- Included French locale by Guillaume (zzd10h) Boesel.
- Retweaked the layout in the About window to fit more info.
- Removed Install and Uninstall scripts, as they are not actually needed. (User may just copy "Preferences" and "Preferences.info" to where they like.

Link to Download page

Snapshots of version 1.30:
Resized Image

Link to Download page
Link to Homepage

Edited by Marko on 2016/8/9 1:04:20
Edited by Marko on 2016/8/9 1:09:05
AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Re: Preferences updated to 1.30
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Marko

I copied preferences and preferences.info to SYS:Utilities along with preferences.hwa

I then copied the english-british and the norwegian locale files to SYS:Locale/Catalogs/english-british and norwegian folders respectively

I then downloaded and copied the info datatype to classes/datatypes and devs/datatypes

I've must have rebooted 10 times (for other reasons) but when i try to run preferences, i get this.

Resized Image

Ben.-
(Shamron)

Edit: posted only thumbnail, not linked image link. I never learn...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Shamron

Hi, I'll have take a look why it doesn't work when I'm at my Amiga (although I think that the languages files are not found)... Thanks for the error report :)

Meanwhile you can try copy the catalogs dir to where your Preferences files are (your "SYS:Utilities") and try starting the program again and see if it works...

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Shamron

I checked the source now, it fails because it doesn't find the datatype, more precisely it doesn't find the file:
Classes:DataTypes/info.datatype

Did you install the correct info-datatype, found here?
http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... datatype/icon/info_dt.lha

Do you have these two files?
"Classes:DataTypes/info.datatype"
"Devs:DataTypes/info"

Both atleast version 52.2?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Marko

Never mind... I had put the info.datatype in SYS:Classes and NOT in SYS:Classes/Datatypes

I moved it there, and moved the Catalogs back to Locale, and it works. I even got it in my own language, Norwegian.

Resized Image

Nice utility, really.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Shamron

Quote:
I even got it in my own language, Norwegian.

Superb, great!!

Quote:
Nice utility, really.

Thanks

And nice screenshot

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Marko
Tested the latest version, it works fine, great !

Just 2 things,
1) About window OK button is not pressed when clicked, it works, window is closed. It's just a cosmetic problem.

2) a question by curiosity, i noticed that 3rd-party prefs is not for this version but do you plan to add 3rd party prefs by scanning Prefs drawers or by hardcoding them ?

Thx

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@zzd10h

Quote:
1) About window OK button is not pressed when clicked, it works, window is closed. It's just a cosmetic problem.

Nice catch, thanks, added to TODO-list

Quote:
2) a question by curiosity, i noticed that 3rd-party prefs is not for this version but do you plan to add 3rd party prefs by scanning Prefs drawers or by hardcoding them ?

Neither Customizable, the user specifies them with paths in Tooltypes.

Quote:
Tested the latest version, it works fine, great !

Great, thanks

Edited by Marko on 2016/5/31 9:07:11
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Looks nice

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kicko

Thanks

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for your prefs program, very usefull!
Hope to see others updates!

Your Daily Amiga information:
https://twitter.com/TarzinCDK
---
A500 / A600 / A1200 / SAM440
WinUAE OS3.9 (AmiKit/Amiga Forever) / OS4.1FE (FlowerPot)
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tarzin

Thanks, updates will come in due course, for sure

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Preferences 1.40 released (AOS4)

Preferences is program that shows a window with grouped icons for launching the prefs-programs found in "SYS:Prefs/", among others. You may see the snapshot(s) for examples how it looks. Supports Tooltypes and a number
of languages.

FEATURES

- Groups the AOS4.1 default Prefs-programs into six main categories.
- Uses the same images as the current icons set.
- Supports localization.
- Supports Console prefs in AOS 4.1 FE.
- Supports MUI prefs.
- Supports Granite, AOS4 firewall.
- Possible to open the "Presets" WB drawer.
- Possible to open the "Prefs" WB drawer.
- Possible to open the "ENVARC:" WB drawer.
- Amiga HELP key (Scroll-Lock) brings up the About window.
- Tooltypes.

CHANGES

1.40: (2016 Jul)
- Fixed issue, mixed up language files.
- Greek charset implemented and Greek translation by Anthony Iliakis added.
- Russian charset implemented and Russian translation by Olga Wara (additional Ben Cato Malkenes) added.
- Norwegian translation by Ben Cato Malkenes added.

1.30: (2016 May)
NOTE: Sorry that 3rd-party-program feature and Greek translation are not included in this update. They were meant to be but because they need some more time as they are not 100% finished yet (roughly 50%-80 done already) and I wanted to get this update out the door sometime as this update has dragged out quite too many nights programming time already and I need to move on to other programming tasks in the meanwhile. And I don't like leaving users to wait for too long on finished features. However, the plan is to get them both included in the next update :)
- Implemented (optional) addition of MUI prefs into the Personal-group, you can turn this off by setting the Tooltype: MUIinPersonal = NO .
- Implemented (optional) addition of Granite prefs into the Internet-group, you can turn this off by setting the Tooltype: GraniteInInternet = NO .
- Implemented (optional) shadow to icons. (You can turn it off by setting the Tooltype: IconShadows = NO)
- Implemented (a customizable) first string in the window title. (To set this use the Tooltype: CustomTitle = FirstTitleString)
- Added transations, Dutch by Johan Banis, German by Thomas Blatt, Spanish by Enrique Mecklenburg and British-English checked by Severin. NOTE: Greek translation will be included in the next release (hopefully).
- Implemented ToopTypes for background, foreground and group title colors.
- Corrected all "Env-Archive" paths to "ENVARC", thanks Severin.
- Swapped "Prefs/" and "ENVARC:" icons, so they become alphabetic.
- Declared application information. (title, authors, $VER: and $EXTVER: string versions, identifier, copyright, and description).
- A couple of other optimizations.

Link to Download page

Snapshot of version 1.40 in Greek language:
Resized Image

Link to Download page
Link to Homepage

Go to top

Register To Post