Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 96

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

CF2IDE+ adapter jumper settings
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi,

Got this CF2IDE+ angle adapter for A1200

edit (ebay item is not there anymore):

this link works atm

cannot find the full jumper settings.
The intention is to connect CF, 3.5" HD and CDROM, boot device: CF. is it possible?

If not:
CF, 3.5" HD and CDROM.

How should the IDE devices set? (master/slave)
So far tried CF + CDROM, and to boot using rescue floppy and OS3.9 CD. Didn't manage to figure which atapi.device unit to use to mount the CDROM.

With CDROM and HD connected and CF2IDE card pass through jumper on and master jumper off I can mount the CDROM (atapi.device unit 1, set as slave).

Edit:
More info: replaced the IDE port on the motherboard.
Looks like I managed to find thecorrect jumpers' settings. All jumpers are present. If I boot without the CF, CDROM is set as slave: it is bootable using the emergency floppy (atapi device unit 3). When CF is present, cannot boot. Booting without startup-sequence, running "setpatch skipromupdate scsi.device" (as in startup-sequence on the emergency floppy), then mounting the cdrom fails (atapi.device unit 0,1,2 are not present, 3 hangs indefinitely).
CF is accessible, I even managed to set it up with hdtoolbox and format it using a WB3.1 disk. it is bootable and contains the files from the emergency floppy.

Will appreciate any help on the issue.

Thanks
Jack.

Edited by Jack on 2019/11/8 0:31:02
Edited by Jack on 2019/11/8 0:36:36
Edited by Jack on 2019/11/12 9:31:04
Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Re: CF2IDE+ adapter jumper settings
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
bump

Edited by Jack on 2019/11/12 9:31:34
Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top

Register To Post