Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Will Amiga GFX cards work with this?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Found this playing around on the web. I was wondering if AmigaOS 3.9+ mediator+ some gfx card could use the required resolutions to do this? I know AGA isn't up to it.

http://www.globisinc.com/products/mat ... atrox%20triplehead2go.htm

Resized Image
Go to top
Re: Will Amiga GFX cards work with this?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kvasir

It's unlikely since Matrox will not release any documentation for their products to outsiders.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tonyw

Quote:

tonyw wrote:
@kvasir

It's unlikely since Matrox will not release any documentation for their products to outsiders.

As far as it seems, resolutions from the first table are converted regardless the software/os .
The only problem to find the card capable of producing one of these on amiga.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kvasir

I think this is the clue....

Quote:
Software included
? Matrox PowerDesk utilities for Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP

It looks like it uses microsoft based drivers/utils to work. Getting docs to do a Ami version might be tough. If OS4 development wasn't on such shaky ground, I might say it would be equally as task worthy to get multi gfx card/display support is OS4. Or does it have that already? I don't have an A1.

Plaz

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Plaz

Quote:

Plaz wrote:
@kvasir

I think this is the clue....

Quote:
Software included
? Matrox PowerDesk utilities for Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP

It looks like it uses microsoft based drivers/utils to work. Getting docs to do a Ami version might be tough.

It is windblows-specific window management utilities (see the link on the site)

Imho, it just splits the picture into 3 different outputs. I would check if there's any card that sports these resolutions can be driven by Amiga.
Then worry about the way it works.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top

Register To Post