Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Cyberstorm PPC - PPC dead
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

They should only have changed the multiplier, not the bus speed.

Anyway I can't remember if the PPC uses different voltage.

@Raziel

A friend of mine is looking at my CSPPC and sometimes the PPC part works (It loads MOS completely and it's useable for a while), sometimes it doesn't. He knows that some component creates a "shortcut" sometimes when it's working but he doesn't know which one.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mike

have you tried reflashing it?

BTW... now that you say it... Mine works fine as MKIII but when something PPC is loaded it acts strangely with mem.

Maybe I have to write a WarpOS test app to see if the PPC part can access memory and that kind of stuff...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Crumb

It sounds very much like whats wrong with mine, but mine is probably worse off, since it cant see the mem. And reboots if i warp, and any info app says theres no ppc... ( i assume it needs memory like other computers. )

Yes i flashed it to the latest.

But i should add that the person i got it from sold it because it was defect. he had tried overclocking it (stupidly by adding faster crystals) and it had wires, the kind you might use to tie around the plastic on your bread or loaf with ( atleast here in norway) soldiered to the oscillator connections... ( needless to say i got it pretty cheap ) The guy had also _GLUED_ a heatsink to an 060, which was to big to fit on the board *giggles*

And yes, i did consider calling the amiga abuse center

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)