Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 95

Primax, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: RunInUAE r8 beta 4 (PPC JIT v1.0.0)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Problem solved it was my fault...
Thanks guys

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The new update is very welcome thanks for all your work Chris, but sadly the issue of the slowing down of music on my Amigaone 500/sam 460 hasn't been resolved with this update 😣 R-Type 2 appears to be the worst offender although I have noticed an improvement with Lotus 3 by playing around with some settings and reducing the screen size so that it does not run in fullscreen. I will try and play around some more with the settings but anyone have any ideas on what would be the most optimal configuration for UAE on the Amigaone 500/Sam460 in their config files?

Most of my games are being loaded straight from WHD installs so I am guessing trying to emulate an A1200 system under WB3.1 isn't helping matters here in terms of processing power being used and I would be better loading games in ADF format but under an emulated A500 set up as it makes less of a demand on the processor or are the sound problems indicative of something else ??

Amigaone X5000 AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1
Radeon RX 550 Polaris
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@outrun1978 Quote:
sadly the issue of the slowing down of music on my Amigaone 500/sam 460 hasn't been resolved with this update

I'm afraid I don't recall this. Is this problem present on old official releases of RunInUAE, or has it only appeared since JIT was added in the beta releases?

Quote:
I have noticed an improvement with Lotus 3 by playing around with some settings and reducing the screen size so that it does not run in fullscreen. I will try and play around some more with the settings but anyone have any ideas on what would be the most optimal configuration for UAE on the Amigaone 500/Sam460 in their config files?

Unfortunately I don't have a Sam460 to do any tests, so it's difficult for me to help. In general RunInUAE already tries to have "optimal" UAE settings, including using a custom 320x256 screen resolution by default, and skips 1 frame in 2, so that it performs acceptably on a slow Sam440. HOWEVER, if your machine has a Radeon HD card installed then it is assumed to be fast enough to use a 640x480 screen resolution by default, and not skip any frames.

I suggest you try using Shared settings > Set default screen size to > 320x256 (or 320x240). Unfortunately those screenmodes cannot be fullscreen on a Radeon HD. RunInUAE provides no way to change the default frame skipping, but you can try changing it on a per-game basis (if skipping 1 frame helps a lot then I can tell you how to make this the default).

Quote:
Most of my games are being loaded straight from WHD installs so I am guessing trying to emulate an A1200 system under WB3.1 isn't helping matters here in terms of processing power being used and I would be better loading games in ADF format but under an emulated A500 set up as it makes less of a demand on the processor or are the sound problems indicative of something else ??

Yes, emulating an A1200 to run A500 games (using WHDLoad) is not very efficient, so using ADF to play A500 games will give better performance.

Sound problems is possibly due to insufficient CPU power for emulation, so anything which lowers the overheads could help.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

The slow and choppy sound problem on the Sam460 is a problem relating to the original Run in UAE and is not a result of the latest update 😊

As I am a bit new to using UAE and emulation setups in general your comments about the configuration settings are helpful so I will have a bit of a tinker around and try adf versions emulated on an A500 as a work around 😊

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@outrun1978
Any luck?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris yes trying adf versions of games as opposed to WHD installs via UAE results in much better performance on a Sam460 overall. I have found that skipping 1 frame in 3 or 4 really works at speeding things up especially if games suffer from choppy sound. Things run reasonably well in fullscreen too.

The beauty of your Run in UAE programme is that it creates and stores the config file for each individual game so for someone like me who is getting to grips with how scripts config files work, it is a blessing and find it easy to run games.

😊

I find your EGame programme really good too as a game launcher for some of my other emulators I use like Hatari, D Gen, Handy and Fuse 😊

Radeon RX 550 Polaris
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@outrun1978 Quote:
I have found that skipping 1 frame in 3 or 4 really works at speeding things up

When you say "skipping 1 frame in 3", do you mean:
(1) Using menu option "Set frame skip to > 3"?
or
(2) Using "gfx_framerate=3" in the config file?

I'm guessing you meant the first option, but I want to be absolutely sure.

BTW, "Set frame skip to 3" actually puts "gfx_framerate=4" in the config file, both of which mean skip the first 3 frames & then show the 4th frame.

I'd also like to know what screen size you are using with RunInUAE on your Sam460.

I'd also like to know if you are using the Sam460's built-in graphics chip, or a Radeon HD card.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes its the first option 😊

I am running it in fullacreen and using Radeon 5450hd with driver 1.4

Radeon RX 550 Polaris
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@outrun1978
OK, thanks.

I'm surprised your Sam460+RadeonHD needs a frame skip of 3-4 for a 640x480 screen, while my Sam440 (built-in Radeon but not HD) only needs a frame skip of 0-1 for 320*256 screen. I know that 640x480 is much more demanding (due to E-UAE's lack of hardware acceleration), but I'd have thought the Sam460's significantly greater CPU power would have compensated (the X1000's certainly does!).

I'd really like to get feedback from other Sam460 owners, as I wonder if there is some other issue causing poor performance of E-UAE on your particular machine.

Alternatively, maybe you are just very sensitive to audio glitches? (I'm particularly UNsensitive!)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH wrote:
< Sorry it's taken so long folks, but you can now download/install RunInUAE beta which contains v1.0.0 of Almos Rajnai's PPC JIT for E-UAE:
Download RunInUAE_r8-beta4.lha >

Don't be Sorry for that: Please take your Time to make Working Prooject's instead of hurrying an only half-working Prooject's.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@outrun1978
Do you have AmigaOS4.1 Final Edition installed, or an earlier version of OS4? (If so, which version?)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@outrun1978
While I'm still hoping for an answer to my previous question, I'd also like to know which game(s) you are getting choppy sound (with 320x256 resolution) unless a frame skip of more than 1 is used.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

Is there any chance of an SDL version so it can be used for serious purposes eg. pagestream 2.2 on a p96 screen?

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
That's something I want to look at, but I have no idea what OS3 files are required for it to work, so not yet done so...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

The r8beta is still not released on OS4depot. Did you forget to release it?

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Elwood
See email.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

I didn't get an email

Can we have some "official" reason...or maybe you are working on a 1.0 release?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel
While there were other reasons originally preventing the release, the short answer is that I am currently too busy. :(

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin

michael build an sdl version of euae jit and is much faster on fastest machine compared the amigfx. 86 mips on p5020 and yes you can have p96 screen working without problems

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Oh..ok :-/

Didn't want to push in any way, so..take your time

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »