Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
225 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 223

BSzili, MartinW, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

RunInUAE suggestion
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
How hard would it be to add an option for 'windowed mode' to RunInUAE?

As long as it didn't slow the program down too much I think I would prefer it to full screen.

'non fixed' A1XE, USB card, Sil 0680 IDE, 512mb RAM, Radeon 9250, OS4.1 Update 5
Go to top
Re: RunInUAE suggestion
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@RacerX
I specifically avoided a "windowed mode" for RunInUAE, for several reasons:

1. It *would* majorly slow E-UAE down, unless you have a postage-stamp sized window (see how big 320x256 looks!).

2. The mouse pointer is not "locked" to the window, so you can easily click outside of E-UAE's window (and thus no-longer control E-UAE). So mouse control doesn't really work at present.

These are s/w issues which could be fixed in E-UAE by somone. For example, it might be possible to use hardware compositing or similar to scale the display (make larger) without slow down.

I also happen to like how full-screen works! But if you really want windowed mode, then editing the .uaerc config file will do it.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Any updates on its way? What more do you want to add to RunInUAE? Thank you for your effort! I havent tried it yet but i will asap.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled
I'm working on something *completely* different. Something I've wanted on AmigaOS for years, but all the program I found sucked.

No, it isn't another text editor

And to be honest, I needed a break from RunInUAE. I worked heavily on it for a number of months. I had made a concerted "last push" to get it virtually bug-free & having most of the needed functionality, so that I could stop working on it for a while. I'll work on it again at some point though!

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Thanks for your great work, verry appreciated

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Give us a hint!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Is there a possibility you add a menu "set mouse to" like you've made a "set joystick to" one? There are some games expecting a joystick for some reason in the mouse port.

Go to top

Register To Post