Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

glUAE update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi everybody,

the E-UAE GUI bounty news and some (old) comments about glUAE finally convinced me to release a revised version of my little tool: it contains a fix to a minor bug, improved documentation and some other internal changes. It has been already uploaded to OS4Depot and Aminet, so it's just a matter of time before it becomes available.

Enjoy!

Go to top
Re: glUAE update
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@saimo

what do gl stand for? look at youre homepage there is no mention of MiniGL / OpenGL, so I guess its not that.

RWO

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
great saimo !!!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@saimo

very nice indeed.
anyway. a small guide how to mount an "os 3.9 dir" as an iso and then use it from uae.

wee only need jit in uae now.

i iff ther 680xx version off uea was working with the jit within os 4.0 then it dident have to take alle thouse cpu powers to translate the code...

i have tryet the aros uae and it faild at start up...

as fare as i know the source code to uae is free. is it posible to make an native 680xx version

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rwo

Quote:
what do gl stand for? look at youre homepage there is no mention of MiniGL / OpenGL, so I guess its not that.

No, it's got nothing to do with that
It's just a pun: you see, glUAE is an integration layer between the OS and UAE, a... glue
I know it evokes GL, but I liked that name too much to drop it

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@retro

Quote:
very nice indeed.

Quote:
anyway. a small guide how to mount an "os 3.9 dir" as an iso and then use it from uae.

What do you mean?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Already use GLUae , and must to say - it's cool. I.e. i can just run any old demo/game by the single click on the icon. Visually it's like you run native os4 programm, and you know nothink about uae.

The one (and pretty big) problem at moment, it's only UAE problems. It's pretty old (if compare with WinUae for example), and many demos/games works badly, slow and have glitches.

I am in interest, it is possible, to grab from Tony some pieces of subroutines/code and put it to e-uae, for making old stuff working better ? As example, the old and well known demo "technological death", works fine (fast, etc) , but in the middle of the demo, it's just stops, and glitches begin. The same bug i noticed on the very first versions of WinUae (7-8 years ago i think).

All of this, make me think, that better collect bountyes for the improved/updated/optimazed EUAE for os4, and not boring at moment about not so important thinks like "gui" or kind (becouse GLUae already do the "layer" job, and do it pretty well from my point of view/usage).

@Saimo
In your tutorial, you talk about "sanity" as first example. So, i am in interest: it's works fast for you, or slow ? For me, on my peg2 with 1ghz, it's slow. Sound suttering (i just use your .rc example config from). The same config for example works fine (by the speed) for "technological death". I just want to make a video, for show all the ppls how cool to use GLUAE, so, want to do everythink as fast as it possible :)

Edited by kas1e on 2009/8/15 12:14:50
Edited by kas1e on 2009/8/15 12:18:03
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
In your tutorial, you talk about "sanity" as first example. So, i am in interest: it's works fast for you, or slow ? For me, on my peg2 with 1ghz, it's slow. Sound suttering (i just use your .rc example config from).

Things to note:
* I've seen Arte running on a standard A1200, on an A1200 + Bz1230-IV and on a standard A4000 - practically it looked the same on all machines;
* the suggested UAE settings, for speed's sake, reduce the audio quality;

At the time of writing of the original tutorial (2006), my machine had a G4@800MHz and AmigaOS and E-UAE were older: AFAIR, the demo suffered from minor slowdowns only in some specific parts (maybe the same as described below - unfortunately, I can't remember exactly).

Now my machine is an A1 XE with G4@1GHz and I have just tried the demo again. It works perfectly until the starfield: there it slows down a bit (let's say by 10%). The following cogs-tunnel is almost perfect, except for sporadic frame-delays. Then, the slowdown becomes again noticeable in the rot-deformer/zoomer. But, what's worse, is that now the demo crashes just before the loading of part 2.

Quote:
I just want to make a video, for show all the ppls how cool to use GLUAE, so, want to do everythink as fast as it possible :)

That would be great, thanks :)
Well, if Arte is problematic, try with some other (famous) demo (or game, which, IMHO, would have a greater impact)...

Edited by saimo on 2009/8/15 23:22:35
Edited by saimo on 2009/8/15 23:24:12
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@saimo

sorry for the missunderstandig.
os 3.9 dir is a directory

you know like "ram:test/os3.9"

i haved this os 3.9 installasion in my utillies.its a copy off dh0: from an amiga 1200. but i cant use it as a harddisk file becuse its a "dir"/directory
i can maby make this directory to an iso file with some kind off mount and then use it like it was an HD file to uae.
but i dont know how to do that.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@retro

Quote:
os 3.9 dir is a directory

you know like "ram:test/os3.9"

i haved this os 3.9 installasion in my utillies.its a copy off dh0: from an amiga 1200. but i cant use it as a harddisk file becuse its a "dir"/directory
i can maby make this directory to an iso file with some kind off mount and then use it like it was an HD file to uae.
but i dont know how to do that.

You can use that directory as it is, as UAE is able to mount directories as if they were partitions (example of entry in a configuration file: filesystem2=rw,RAM:RAM Disk:RAM:,0).

As regards glUAE, your case is exactly the one described in the "PREPARING CLASSIC AmigaOS TO RUN FROM A DIRECTORY OR PARTITION" section of the tutorial. In short:
1. make sure you have E-UAE properly installed & configured;
2. prepare a UAE configuration file (.rc) with the specific settings you need for AmigaOS 3.9;
3. put that file in your AmigaOS 3.9 directory;
4. use the command glUAE_LA <AmigaOS_3.9 directory>.
For detailed information, please refer to glUAE's tutorial.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo
Maybe you can help please with some problems related to e-uae configs.
At moment i try to run many good-old games, with no luck. For first, many of games have just "Black screen" and nothink more. Some of them, have no menu in game (like for example "kid chaos", have only the first picture, but no menu). All of this becouse i do not know which options exactly must be for all the games, and i just try all games just by your example configs (with no luck).

So, maybe you can put here the right/tested configs for these games:

agony
aladdin
brian the lion
cannon fodder
chaos engine
kid chaos
lion heart
lion king
slamtilt
stardust
super sturdust
super frog
walker
worms

That will be cool not only for me, but for anyone who want to play in this good-classic games over the e-uae on os4.

The other question also: can i somehow in .rc configs, setup default amiga joy1 to some keyboard keys like on winuae ? (i mean almost all of these games use joy1 in end).

thanks in advance :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Maybe you can help please with some problems related to e-uae configs.
At moment i try to run many good-old games, with no luck. For first, many of games have just "Black screen" and nothink more. Some of them, have no menu in game (like for example "kid chaos", have only the first picture, but no menu). All of this becouse i do not know which options exactly must be for all the games, and i just try all games just by your example configs (with no luck).

So, maybe you can put here the right/tested configs for these games:

agony
aladdin
brian the lion
cannon fodder
chaos engine
kid chaos
lion heart
lion king
slamtilt
stardust
super sturdust
super frog
walker
worms

That will be cool not only for me, but for anyone who want to play in this good-classic games over the e-uae on os4.

I'm sorry, but I can't offer that kind of service because I don't have the time, I don't have the games and, moreover, it isn't related to glUAE.

Quote:
The other question also: can i somehow in .rc configs, setup default amiga joy1 to some keyboard keys like on winuae ? (i mean almost all of these games use joy1 in end).

joyport1=kbd1 will map the joystick in the second port to the numerical keypad.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo
Unposible to "redefine" the keys for ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Unposible to "redefine" the keys for ?

AFAIK, not in the current version of E-UAE. You can choose an alternative set of keys, though - here's what the documentation says:

Input device options
====================

joyport0=<mode>

Selects the method used to emulate the device attached to the Amiga
  joystick port 0 
(the mouse port).

none  no device is connected to this port.

mouse a mouse will be emulated on this port and input will be supplied
          from the host
's default mouse (the device you use to move the
          mouse pointer on the host).
  joy0  - a joystick will be emulated on this port and input will be supplied
          from the first joystick found on the host.
  joy1  - a joystick will be emulated on this port and input will be
          supplied from the second joystick found on the host.
  kbd1  - a joystick will be emulated using the numeric keypad (8, 2, 4 and
          6 are directions up, down, left and right, respectively, and 5 is
          the fire button).
  kbd2  - a joystick will be emulated using the cursor keys and the Right Ctrl
          key or Right Alt key for the fire button.
  kbd3  - a joystick will be emulated using the keys T, B, F and H for up,
          down, left and right, respectively, and the Left Alt key for the
          fire button.

joyport1=<mode>

Selects the method used to emulate the device attached to the Amiga
  joystick port 1 (the joystick port). Supported values for <mode> are the
  same as for the joyport0= option.

Go to top

Register To Post