Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Can't Install Amiga Forever
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Clicking on Install Amiga Forever in the AF2006 Premium Edition launcher menu results in nothing more than the installation of Acrobat 5.0. Is there a work-around for this?

Go to top
Re: Can't Install Amiga Forever
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@artpearson

Look at http://www.amigaforever.com/faq/
Or request a technical support at http://www.amigaforever.com/support/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmiKit

They say it is because Installshield needs to finish installing adobe acrobat 5.0. But I have installed, removed, and re-installed it, and the AF installer keeps wanting to install adobe acrobat 5.0 again. The Amiga Forever CD does not have acrobat or installshield on it, as far as I can determine. I am utterly baffled about what is going on.
I installed a Windows game that uses Installshield, and there was no such problem with that.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiKit

I've tried contacting AmigaForever's technical support, but got no reply so if anyone has any ideas I'd most grateful. My problem's slightly different. Previously I've been able to install AF with no problems, but after uninstalling so I could move it to a new HD now when I try to install it the installer attempts to write it back to the CD where there is no space to install and it won't let me change the installation destination.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top

Register To Post