Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Picasso96 and Voodoo headache
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi!
For some time my A4000 was not "functional" because my Voodoo3 3000 card did not initiate properly -- or so i thought -- and my LCD monitor just went black when WB was started. Today, after getting another Voodoo3 card giving the same result I found out it was my monitor that was failing. Having that sorted out I could boot into OS 3.9 and everything looked good. Then, I am not sure exactly what I did -- I did several things, inserting some other PCI cards, ran MedConfig and changed some parametres on my Voodoo card -- but when I booted the machine again, the card did not work. When I open the Picasso96 prefs, and try to attach my settings to a board, there is no board. I have tried installing and uninstalling P96 several times now and fought with this issue for hours, but I cannot get the damn thing to work for me. Looks like the machine refuses to acknowledge the card. I've tried with three different cards, two Voodoo3s and one Voodoo5. I'm all out of ideas. Have anyone experienced similar problems? I know P96 can be a pain to set up, but this... I've done it several times before and I have never experienced anything like this.

Help!

Go to top
Re: Picasso96 and Voodoo headache
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@RuDeE

You need to run the P96 installer again after the first P96 install and just choose UPDATE and update the MONITOR SETTINGS

Try this and please get back with your results ;)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Amigaz

Hi!
Thanks for the answer. I had tried that before (read it in the docs) but I choose "Keep old" in stead No wonder would not work. Problem solved now (I'm typing this on the A4000 now)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@RuDeE

Quote:

RuDeE wrote:
@Amigaz

Hi!
Thanks for the answer. I had tried that before (read it in the docs) but I choose "Keep old" in stead No wonder would not work. Problem solved now (I'm typing this on the A4000 now)

Great! glad it worked out ;)

Go to top

Register To Post