Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
PageStream installations in OS4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
After almost 9 months trying to install PageStream in multiple versions (3.0, 3.2 and 5.0) today I succeed to install all 3 of them. Interesting enough, versions 3.0 and 3.2 only run without HDD installation and from a USB stick, and 5.0 was installed apparently without any problems in my HDD.

Unfortunately in none of the 3 versions I have managed to enter (insert) any text in a new document. I can place the cursor within a column, but when I type nothing appears on the screen.

Has anyone seen this? Is there a fix for this problem?

SEPARATE (BUT SIMILAR SUBJECT): Has anyone ever succeeded in installing or running PageStream III (or II) in OS4.1? How?

Go to top
Re: PageStream installations in OS4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Maybe try running them using UAE?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

AmigOS wrote:

Unfortunately in none of the 3 versions I have managed to enter (insert) any text in a new document. I can place the cursor within a column, but when I type nothing appears on the screen.

See my tip over at AmigaWorld.net.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
PageStream 2.2 seems to be broken by one of the recent OS4.1 update. AFAIK on 4.0 it worked.

The 3.0 had several problems, so that shouldn't be bothered. If you really want to use PageStream upgrade it to 4.1.5.6. That one has its own problems too, but it is able to use for productive work.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
You must update the fonts in the system/preferences

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Has anyone ever got Pagestream 5 to work completely on OS4?

DiscreetFX Studios
http://www.discreetfx.com

Making Your Digital Films More Effective!

AmigaOS 4.1: AmigaOne X5000
MorphOS: Powerbook G4, iBook G4
Classic AmigaOS: CDTV(2), Amiga CD32, Amiga 3000, Vampire V4+: ApollOS, AmigaOS 3.2
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The native AmigaOS 4 PPC release 5.0.3.3 Pro is useable to some extent and sometimes even more reliable than the 4.1.5.6 release of Pagestream (with selected functions). I use both versions. Nevertheless: It tends to crash with certain functions and you should save fast and often.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'm running 5.0.5.8a on OS4.1u6 on my A1-XE with about the same level of usability cha05e90 is getting with 5.0.3.3.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've been happily running 5.0.5.8 Pro for a couple of years on my SAM460ex. It was a bit more problematical on my now expired A1. (I don't know what 5.0.5.8a that someone else reports success with is.)

That is not to say it works completely. The python scripts don't work at all for me. Colors are a bit of a mess -- I have to set them up for each completely new document, although if I can reuse a previous document, they're fine.

The earlier versions of PageStream I used didn't import and export graphics files perfectly; a big plus with 5.0.5.8.

The catastrophic (so far) downside is, I can't get it to work on my X1000 at all!

Go to top
Anonymous

Hmmm ... sad news indeed, that OS4 port is never finished. Is at least 68k version stable and usable?

Very sad for what used to be one of most pro software on Amiga

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

vox wrote:

Hmmm ... sad news indeed, that OS4 port is never finished. Is at least 68k version stable and usable?

Very sad for what used to be one of most pro software on Amiga

Agreed. I know I was thinking about buying a copy for AmigaOS4 but when I looked into it a bit more decided against due to the problems listed in this thread.

Go to top
Anonymous
I would buy it if they promise some 68k and OS4 updates and final stable functional version ... would support its developmen

Point is I need a good word processing / DTP.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Did anyone manage to install it at FE? I tried both 5 and 4 PPC versions and they both freeze the system as soon as the first windows open (tools and properties). I tried to make them open on custom screens but I didn't manage to make them work.

Any help on that? Pagestream is a very nice application and I really hope to get a new breathe in case someone retrieve it's development.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@walkero

My old install of 5.0.3.3 OS4 native is still working. I haven't re-installed it.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@chris
Does it open on it's own screen? If so, what is the name of the screen? You have it set up at MUI Screens or at the Prefs>Screens???

Follow me on
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@walkero

I added a screen in MUI for it. I just did that when it opened on WB when I tested it.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@chris
What is the name of this screen?

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero
You said, "I tried both 5 and 4 PPC versions and they both freeze the system as soon as the first windows open (tools and properties)."

That sounds exactly like the problem I was having until this morning. What I had to do was unselect "Like Workbench" in MUI > Screen [PageStream, Board 0:1920x1080 ARGB32] > Edit. I also turned on Autoscroll and Compositing, but I don't think those mattered.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@walkero

Pagestream, but I don't think it matters - I created it from MUI prefs within Pagestream and just told it to use it.

@kilaueabart

Mine's set to "like wb", so it's not that.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@kilaueabart
Unfortunately, for me it starts in workbench screen and not on it's own screen. As soon as it freezes the system I can't do anything else, except hard reset.

@chris
in your users.prefs does it have any config for screen resolution? Or something that would force it to open on it's own screen?

Follow me on
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »