Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 151

FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: iBatch (Image batch processing tool) update + support thread
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all

Betatesting and suggestion would be very wellcome, so come on folks, give it a go and comment... No Installation required ! Only drag drawer to HD !

http://www.geobiz.de/idownload/iBatch_1-4beta.lha

I am especially interested in suggestion on how to "cleanup" / "simplifiy" conversion profileeditor. Thanx for your help

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
O.k., this is a screenshot of recent "conversion profile editor" (V.1.4 beta).
Resized Image

This is a suggestion for the new "conversion profile editor":

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

What do you think ? Disadvantage: more mouseclicks needed to define a "conversion profile"

regards Gero

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hey did't see the new 1.4 beta, I will try it soon

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79
What do you think about above GUI ? Other suggestions ?
Thanx for testing and input.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I think it's ok altrough maybe not so user friedly at the first approach, maybe here an auto-wizard can help, almost for the most usual operation with the files etc ..

I (as always) miss also a proper iconify support on the GUI

At the end program looks very nice

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Using Tabview is a good idea to not overload the options that are displayed at once.

Some ideas:

1. JPEG comression is never "None". Even with compression set to 0, it halves the color resolution. So, low ... high would be appropriate.

2. The resulting file name should be a template, similar to C, but with a set of placeholders (that must be visible via online-help).

E.g.

%f : original file name stem
%d : file date
%w : conversion max width
%h : conversion max hgeiht
%i : image index counter

so you can write your new output filename like:
"Lanzarote_%i_%wx%h"

=> "Lanzarote_124_800x600.jpg"

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanx for input, very appreciated

@Wanderer

1. In matter of fact, jpg compression = 0 will be handled as #image_nocompress internaly.

2. wondering why I didn't thought about "placeholders" before... will do, but not sure if it makes it into this release...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Sorry, the docu is wrong here.

The compression parameter for image_Save depends on the file format. (maybe I should change this?)

BMP: always uncompressed
PNG: 0=no compression, 1...9=zlib compression depth
JPG: 0...100 JEPG quality parameter, 0=week, 100=strong compression
AB3I: like PNG

JPEG always compressed, even with compression set to 0.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@new beta
- unproportional scaling implemented
- new conversion profile editor (GUI overhaul)

iBatch 1.4beta build 27

comments and bugreports wellcome !!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Another beta, including wildcards and proper watermarks, I consider this as release candidate, so please give feedback !

iBatch V1.4beta RC1

Thanx

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Gerograph,

IBatch can run under AmigaOS 3.x and 4.x right?

Then why do I see 4.1 icons relegated to a separate drawer? Can you please instead take the initative and upload 3.x to Aminet and 4.x to OS4Depot separately? It gives a very bad first impression. If its absolutely essential 4.0 icons can always be relegated into the separate drawer.

In 4.1 Icons drawer there is a replacement icon labelled 'iBatch-Examples.pdf... but there is no PDF in the distribution.

EDIT: iBatch freezes computer on run; not even a visit from the GrimReaper.

AmigaOS 4.1 update 3

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@djrikki
Thanx for quick testing and suggestions.

Quote:
Then why do I see 4.1 icons relegated to a separate drawer? Can you please instead take the initative and upload 3.x to Aminet and 4.x to OS4Depot separately? It gives a very bad first impression. If its absolutely essential 4.0 icons can always be relegated into the separate drawer.

You are right, this was already discussed on A1k.org and release 1.4 will be submitted to OS4depot including OS4 Icons and to Aminet including OS3.x Icons.

iBatch is not OS4/PPC native (still very fast as it uses Os4 native libs and datatypes), so we may still ask wether adding OS4 Icons will qualify iBatch for OS4depot ? This is the reason, why you cannot find iBatch 1.x on OS4Depot.

Quote:
In 4.1 Icons drawer there is a replacement icon labelled 'iBatch-Examples.pdf... but there is no PDF in the distribution.

I am not in front of my OS4 machine, however in Icon drawer you will just find #?.info files, I might just call it pdf.info... however pdf Docs can be downloaded from
iBatch website.

Quote:
EDIT: iBatch freezes computer on run; not even a visit from the GrimReaper.

Thanx, very valuable, however havn't got an idea what the reason is...
- maybe I did not raise the stack while building the archive (should be 10000 inside tooltypes)
- you are using SAM460 ? right ? Maybe your installation ? Try using Version 1.3 and/or boot from CD and retest.

However I'll check first, if I come home... might have been a bit late yesterday evening.

Thanx for infos, very appreciated

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@djrikki

hm, strange.... I just downloaded/checked the archive: stack is high enough, also booted into an "british locale" environment... cannot reproduce your problem. Even if booting into OS4.1upd2 from CD, ibatch works fine...

I am on OS 4.1upd3 on a SAM440 mini. While I am working on a debug version, please check:

- Try using iBatch Version 1.3
- boot from CD and retest

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Was busy today, will take a look Tuesday when I find a little time.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@djrikki / @everybody else having freezes on startup

- here is a debug version:
download 1.4 debug

- copy iBatch proggy/icon into your iBatch directory and doubleclick, an output window should open up and print some lines. Post last printed line here !!
- In case it doesn't print anything, try to run e.g. "../Plugins/addcomment-plugin"
- if you still consider freezes, try other Amiblitz based proggies... (see e.g. www.amiforce.de)

thanx + regards Gero

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all

iBatch V 1.4 had been released since a couple of weeks, according to download numbers, it seems people are enjoying it

Here are some more news:

1) "Tuxedo" is working on a "LoViewthumb" version, which can replace iBatchs internal thumbnailviewer. However this can already be achived with existing LoView Version, seems like the new Version will feature something like an "iBatch Mode" !

2) I am just betatesting/working on Version 2 of "Image2Icon-Capsule". Version 2 is much more advanced, than Version 1 currently included in iBatch 1.4 release:

1. create dithered Amiga OS 3.5 Icons
2. create Dual PNG Amiga OS 4.x Icons
3. keep aspect ratio (might result in a "messy layout" of your Icons - see pic1)
4. crop Icons, in order to have Icons with same hight and width (results in a better layout - see pic2)
5. scale Icons, in order to have Icons with same hight and width
6. Use EXIF embedded previewimage or thumbnail in "thumbnailsubdir" if existant (massive speedup of icon creation)
7. Will work as standalone (therefor sort of alternative for "easter", "Image2Icon", "thumbgun"...) or iBatch plugin
8. determine Icon's defaulttool,
9. add black border or glow effect
10. determine Icon quality

If you just want to create Dual PNG Icons, you donnot even need "Image2Icon" CLI Tool !

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quick question... Can iBatch work on a directory full of images (IFF format) that do not have file extensions, or are file extensions required?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mbrantly

Yes, it works... but:

once you donnot have a file extension, iBatch will check wether file is supported by datatypes, if so, a thumbnail will be created (checking takes much longer though, then just checking via file extension).
The problem is, that iBatch's internal thumbnailviewer only checks by file extension, so once the thumbnails are created and iThumb will pop up, you won't see any images, neither can select any !

Workaround: Select any other thumbnailviewer e.g. thumb from the PicShow package, inside iBatch prefs. Or just copy desired files from "../yourdir/thumbnails" into "ORIG:", "ROTR:" or "ROTL:". -> refer to manual.

regards Gero

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Gero, OK... thanks. I had a bunch of IFF images in a sequence I made with Imagine that had no file name extensions. iBatch seemed to not take them until I renamed them all with extensions.

I mostly use your program to batch convert bunches of IFF images into JPG images, but with every update I note that I am really underutiliizing iBatch. It does more and more with every release. Keep going!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)