Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 149

zerec, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: iBatch (Image batch processing tool) update thread
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ALL
Thanks...

@RIBDEVIL
Have you got OS4 on your Blizzard PPC running ? Does iBatch run (open) properly on this platform ? (I sold my BPPC and BVision a while ago, financing my SAM ) so I cannot test. There is a German User having trouble on OS4.0 Classic !

greetings Gero

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Yes, I have 4.0 in the 1200, I try IBatch this week end.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@RIBDEVIL
Did you try ?

@all
In case you guys didn't read it on AW.net:

Quote:

Release date of iBatch Version 1.2 will be announced during the next two weeks !
While you are waiting, you can read FAQ including questions concerning iBatch Version 1.2. Plus you can download some additional predefined "conversion profiles". All exisiting "conversion profiles" are extensively documented in a pdf file. This one shows you screenshots of the "conversion profile editor" with all the settings for every existing profile. This helps you to find out what a specific conversion profile does, and can be used as base for new user defined "conversion profiles" (see screenshot).
Remember, that there will be an iBatch workshop in upcoming Amiga Future Magazine !

Visit www.geobiz.de/iBatch.html downloadsection

Enjoy !

If you look close enough on iBatch website, you can already figure out the release date ! I'll put up some more hints the next days.

Go to top
Re: iBatch (Image batch processing tool) update + support thread
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

Hi, I try Ibatch, in the 1200, this Sunday and works fine for me. I'm waiting the new version.

Thanks for your work.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
News on iBatch V 1.2
As most of you guys know, Version 1.2 is available via Aminet or iBatch website. It had been positively reviewed and considered as "must have" in Amiga Future Issue #90. To be honest, I am feeling very proud.

News on Addslideshow Plugin
It has never been so easy to create a slideshow !!!!

At the moment I am considering it as late Beta and nearly ready for release, but release depends on some other things as well, so no releasedate yet....
Addslideshow plugin (see above) makes a given directory "slideshow capeable". It adds a slideshowplayer or slideviewer executable, some wallpapers and navigation buttons towards a given imagedirectory. This Plugin can also be used as STANDALONE and comes with heaps of wallpapers and buttons in different resolutions:

Slideviewer Window:
Resized Image

Different wallpapers:
Resized Image

Different Buttons:
Resized Image

All Buttons and Wallpapers are "Puplic Domain" which means in this case, that the different licences allow you to redistribute your slideshow incl. wallpapers and buttons and use the generated slideshow for commercial projects.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
News on Plugins / Capsules

O.k. folks, this is a good one:

Lot of imageupload proggies / image organizer do use EXIF infos from jpg header. When resizing jpg this information gets lost (in iBatch as well as in many other software). Here is the solution:

Resized Image

This one tries to either transfer the EXIF Header from original jpg, or create a new header including an embedded thumbnail !
However, sorry to say, this is basically just a GUI for jhead CLI proggy. Said that, you can of course use this one as standalone solution if you want. Using it in conjunction with iBatch plugin it will show its full power, as it can also use Infos stored in certain textfiles created by iBatch.

As this is actually just a GUI, I did not call it plugin, I rather call it capsule This software is also in late Betastage..... more capsules to come !

regards Gero

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
gerograph wrote:

This one tries to either transfer the EXIF Header from original jpg, or create a new header including an embedded thumbnail !
However, sorry to say, this is basically just a GUI for jhead CLI proggy. Said that, you can of course use this one as standalone solution if you want.

Good point! I have chosen to use JHead also in my own homebrew image scaling script (an ARexx script which basically uses djpeg/cjpeg and the NetPBM programs), to transfer the original EXIF header to the scaled-down image. I also use JHead to insert an EXIF comment with my copyright etc. Will your JHead capsule also handle the comment? Maybe using the .cmnt files?

By the way, I've been wondering about something in my own use of JHead. If the EXIF header contains the x/y pixel dimensions of the original image, and I transfer the header to the scaled-down image, shoud something also be done to change those dimensions? Are you doing anything like that in your capsule? Or does JHead handle it automatically? (This is partly a question asked in "laziness", I just haven't gotten around to investigating closer myself yet).

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
I also use JHead to insert an EXIF comment with my copyright etc. Will your JHead capsule also handle the comment? Maybe using the .cmnt files?

Good Point ! At the moment it cannot, sorry. I guess I put this one high up on my todo for the next release, and yes using the lines from #?.cmnt file is the best solution.

About Pixelsize:
- transfering a header from original pic to a downscaled pic via jhead does not recalculate pixelsize (to my knowledge... but if I am not "lazy"/come across I will check that one)
- In case original header is not available (e.g. choose an empty sourcedir inside capsule), it will look for a file called exifinfo.txt, this one holds size of rescaled image in pixels. Problem is to my knowledge, that there is no jhead command in order to write new pixels into new header. If it would, it could be done.

regards Gero

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Gero

And dont forget to restrict to window resizing. Otherwise people might keep complaining about the image quality.

--
Thilo K?hler, author of
HD-Rec, Sweeper, Samplemanager, ArTKanoid, Monkeyscript, Toadies, AsteroidsTR, TuiTED, PosTED, TKPlayer, AudioConverter, ScreenCam, PerlinFX, MapEdit, AB3 Includes and many more...
Homepage: http://www.hd-rec.de
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Wanderer
Well I won't forget, but I also need the "none Interpolation" option as well. However the guy complaining was logged in as anonymous, and I guess that is the guy always complaining about iBatch. He probably didn't even test the image quality (just a guess though...)

Gero

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Have you compared he speed between no interpolation and window interpolation?

If the sharpness parameter is 0, it should be pretty fast.

if the scaling factor is smaller than .5, you could speedup by rendering an intermediate bitmap by using image_Half{}, which is extremely fast. E.g. if you are generating thumbnails, better to do image_half, and then resize, this would speed up window inteprolation or would increase quality for no interpolation.
If needed, we could think about implementing "image_Quarter" too.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nbache
implemented comment functionallity , text from #?.cmnt will always be written into EXIF Header... (well jpg commentfilds do actually not belong to EXIF Header).

regards Gero

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Cool - must find time soon to check it out more thoroughly and see if, and to which extent, it can replace my home-grown solution - by definition a tall order, but if nothing else, I can keep you occupied by hinting at other features mine has and yours lacks .

(Yours is way prettier and more flexible, though!)

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all

image2icon-capsule is now available on my homepage... more news will follow as newsitem.

regards Gero

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all
O.k. Some news:

Currently I am working on Version 1.4 (Version 1.3.1 is available via iBatch website, even if the banner still states "1.2". I guess I have to change that...

Version 1.4 will mainly feature "FXPlugin System". These plugins will be processed before the image will be saved, plugins planned for release are at least "Gamma Correction" and "Watermark".

Resized Image
Resized Image

It will also feature different resizing algorithms (hopefully a "bicubic" one as well) incl. different "sharpness settings" (e.g. in Photoshop they have "bicubic sharper"):

Other Plugins like "Sepia", "Greyscale" etc... can easiely pe programmed, and will follow shortly.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Where i can found 1.3.1 ?
On website latest version is 1.3

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo76
Thanx for the hint... I actually did not change the version string... but the one on my homepage is the latest. Changelog to Version before (1.3.xx) is the fact, that a "rename.lut" will be generated, which can then be utilized by JHead plugin in order to copy/create EXIF Headers for the converted pics (take from original image).

Sorry for confusion

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Ok I download it again and i loonk into the archive date but it seems that the latest exe of iBatch is 21/8/2011 (510.904 bytes) so still 1.3 ? .. (!?)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79
nop, it is newest Version (and yes it was compiled and published before Amiganoid 2011) which I refered to as V 1.3.1.... you can check by looking into your output dir. You will find a file called rename.lut.
However, I just mentioned V 1.3.1 here because I did not state it here in this thread already.

regards Gero

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all
find a (very early) beta here:

iBatch Beta 1.4 - 22

New Features
- new scaling algos / suitable algo will be autoselected
- "quality" scaling = bicubic scaling algo / if needed lowpassfilter
- add sharpness to your images
- FXPlugins (Gamma, Watermark still WIP)

I would be especially interested in how "quality" up- and downscaling works for your photos, and wether you like the "hardcoded" (soft, none, medium, sharp, extra) sharpness values ? Maybe I will consider to use other "hardcoded" values. And before you ask... No, ! I won't make a slider for sharpness (less is more...)

Help/Betatesting very appreciated, thanx

Gero

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »