Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

Skateman, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
iBatch (Image batch processing tool) update + support thread
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi everybody !

Update
27th of November 2011: Versio 1.4 is nearly ready, I have got a RC1 here:
iBatch V1.4beta RC1

main features:
- watermarks, gamma correction,... (process plugins / FXPlugins)
- use wildcards for renaming
- added "(bi)cubic" algo for resizing
- added "sharpness" option
- redesign of "conversion profile editor"

for details, see end of this thread...

Update
28th of June 2011: There is another plugin coming up:
jhead-capsule
can transfer jhead data from one jpg to another or create new EXIF header including embedded thumbnail. See last topic for screenshots and more infos..

Update
25th June 2011: iBatch Version 1.2 is out (incl.EXIF Support), Addslideshow Plugin is nearly ready, an EXIF Transfer Plugin as well as an Thumbnailicon creation Plugin had been sent to translators. SEE LAST TOPIC FOR NEWS AND SCREENSHOTS...

Update
20th Nov. 2010: Gianluca sent me finalized italian translation for iBatch 1.0 (recent version), uploaded them to iBatch website incl. install script and readme - Vivia Italia - Enjoy amicos, Ciao! (hope got that italian spelling right... Thanx Gianluca !

since release of iBatch there were already over 400 downloads (Aminet + ibatchhomepage), so I thought I open up an update+question+ideas thread for iBatch. Development is still ongoing, so watch this space for some minor news.
Feel free to post suggestions and wishes for additional features here !

For those who donnot know what iBatch is:

Image batch processing for image directories including fast to navigate preview thumbnails... look for details here:

www.geobiz.de/ibatch.html

It was designed on and for OS 4.1 machines, but also runs under OS3.x as it is not PPC native Code !

Greetings and enjoy

Gero Birkenfeld aka gerograph

Edited by gerograph on 2010/11/5 11:50:33
Edited by gerograph on 2010/11/8 10:57:48
Edited by gerograph on 2010/11/20 10:40:16
Edited by gerograph on 2011/6/25 20:59:07
Edited by gerograph on 2011/6/28 17:14:01
Edited by gerograph on 2011/11/27 20:21:19
Go to top
Re: iBatch (Image batch processing tool) update thread
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
O.k. here are the News:

- Spanish translation is already available
- seems that Italian translations is nearly finished !
- The addhtml CLI tool (downloadable seperatly) will be replaced with an proper GUI based tool called Addhtml-Plugin.
Resized Image

- Addhtml-Plugin will be able to generate html sites.
Resized Image

Some details will follow later...

greetings Gero

Edited by gerograph on 2010/11/5 8:05:51
Edited by gerograph on 2010/11/5 8:06:51
Edited by gerograph on 2010/11/5 8:24:37
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Keep up the good work :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
good job man! :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@gerograph

Looks great, downloaded and tried to run but got stuck with a missing library that I couldn't find and gave up. I think it would be good to reduce dependencies on libraries that aren't included with the OS (if possible). Thanks.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daniel
thanks for the infos... what library is missing ? Visit iBatch website, you can find links to downloadlocations of the desired libraries (download section). You should not need other libraries than the ones listed. If iBatch still asks for another please state your OS Version, RTG System and missing library here. So that I can help or at least adjust the "Requirement" section on iBatch... (e.g. I actually never tested on a real AOS3.1 expect UAE).

Sure, it would be nice to reduce the amount of additional libraries to be used, but due to choosen programming architecture it is impossible, unless I rewrite from scratch.

greetings Gero

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Some more news on Plugins

iBatch will have an "after process plugin" capability... this means you can execute a plugin automatically after your images have been processed via one of the "conversion profiles". E.g. after resizing images and saving them in outdir, you could automatically generate html files in order to make images displayable in internet browsers. This is actually how the addhtml-plugin is implemented.

Addhtml-Plugin is therefore just a standalone executable which acts on outdir. Further plugins could be:

- start thumbnailviewer afterwards in order to display outdir
- create a lha archive of outdir and sent it via mail...
- printer plugin: Print Images of outdir in different formats (like in Windows ?) Anybody wants to take this challenge ?

details for Plugin developers will be puplished later

watch this space...

Edited by gerograph on 2010/11/5 11:49:04
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@gerograph

Great!!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Some future features I am looking at:

- Exif support:
- using jpeg header embedded thumbnails
- using exif info for renaming

- Preprocess Plugins:
- add e.g. watermarks/copyright infos into the image during processing
- convert to greyscale
- other image effects

- Printer support

For now 1.st priority is finishing Addhtml-Plugin, I'll keep you informed about features of Addhtml-Plugin.
Releasedate of iBatch 1.1 should be around Dec/Jan 2010/11

greetings Gero

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@gerograph

Very nice

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Ok, I have a first running version of iBatch 1.1 incl. Addhtml-Plugin running:

Cool - after processing, iBatch autocreates a thumbnaildir incl. previews for your "outdir". This thumbnailsubdir will then be used for your thumbnails on html page.
All other needed html files will also be added to outdir.So, here we go:

More news on "addhtml-plugin"

Work on that plugin is nearly finished, planned/implemented features are:

- choose thumbnailframe position and size (left,right,top,bottom - thanks @Kicko for the idea)
- choose backgroundcolor for displayed image
-> If you click on "choose Layout", you will be able to select a combination of color and framepostion directly. A preview will also be shown

- option to add back/next button to image
- slideshowmode incl. configurable display/delaytime
- I am also investigating the option to make websites passwordprotected, as not everybody should be able to see your private pics.

However, if you donnot want to redefine options all the time, or donnot care about the options, you will be able to use
"onc click" website creation. iBatch 1.1 will provide at least one new "conversion profile", if this conversion profile gets selected
pics will be processed and a addhtml-plugin GUI will pop up. Just click OK - done ! Addhtml-Plugin will retrieve the options from your "conversion profile" automatically.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Progress Report....

iBatch 1.1 + Addhtml do work, I tested them a lot. Before release I have to fix a few "GUI glitches", which is probably a matter of a hour.

mailed Martin "Mason" Merz about some toolbaricons...

spanish catalog for iBatch 1.1 + Addhtml is done, I still have to correct bubble helps though, text gets cut off in spanish version.. (Thanks Javier)

italian catalog was sent to me yesterday, still have to check that one. I will release italian catalog as soon as possible for version 1.0 (!) . Italian catalog for V 1.1 is also translated, still have to check... (Thanks a lot Gianluca).

Readme + pdf files, are done expect Addhtml Doku. Said that, I might upload pdf files for V.1.1 prior to release...

greetings Gero

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
News about language Support
You can find italian translation on iBatch website under Downloadsection:

www.geobiz.de/ibatch.html

iBatch 1.1 release (incl. English, German, Italian, Spanish language support) is still planned for end of the year !

Thanx Gianluca !

greetings Gero

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Gero, wow! iBatch is getting better and better. Seems like it's becoming more and more the Photo Mechanic for Amigans. PM is a Mac&Windows application favored by photojournalists.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mbrantley
Well, I looked at PM, but still a long way to go.... but yes, iBatch's concept and idea shares a lot with PM !

All "registered/before release users":
Watch your mail, sent little update mail as well, donnot bother, if you are reading this thread...

greetings Gero

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all

Finally ! Got my beloved thread back ! Here are the news:

Features

Plus you will find an extensive Workshop inside upcoming Amiga Future Magazine. The Workshop shows how to create a html Gallery with "subtitled" images and an additional printed image list. Hints and tips for using new "Workflow-" and "addcomment-plugin" are included.

Said this, iBatch Version 1.2 is ready, and will be published soon. Development ideas for Versions beyond 1.2 (1.3 and up) will focus on more plugins:

1) "Add Slideshow Plugin"
Professionell looking slideshows for AOS4, AOS 3.x, Windows, Aros and maybe Macintosh. Slideshowmodules will be Hollywood based, the plugin GUI will be Stormwizard based of course. Some slideshow modules can use different backgrounds, different frames for your images and maybe buttons. All those are "skinnable". If you are interested in designing background wallpapers, buttons or frames, feel free to contact me (ibatch add web point de). This is already work in progress !

2) "plugin boxes"
A bunch of plugins/GUIs which will utilize third party CLI tools like "image2icon",...

3) sorting images
enables user to determine order of images in slideshow/html gallery

greetings Gero

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Nice

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Re: iBatch (Image batch processing tool) update + support thread
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Nice....

This will be my number one picture program.
Just getting better and better.

Go to top
Re: iBatch (Image batch processing tool) update + support thread
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
iBatch is getting better and better! It's good, too, to be back on Amigans.net. FedEx is about to deliver the latest two issues of Amiga Future along with a piece of hardware I ordered. Looking forward to the upcoming issue with the iBatch tutorial.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Good job.
It's a very nice prog.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top

Register To Post