Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 147

balaton, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: LightWave, AOS4 and The Grim Reaper
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Just when I thought things were going very well with running LW under AOS4, I sit down to do some real work and find a problem, maybe a showstopper for me. Executing Modeler ARexx scripts (such as the frequently used center command, as well as "center 1D," etc.) brings a visit from Mr. Reaper and kills the application.

Anybody got any ideas here?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mbrantley

Quote:
Just when I thought things were going very well with running LW under AOS4, I sit down to do some real work and find a problem, maybe a showstopper for me. Executing Modeler ARexx scripts (such as the frequently used center command, as well as "center 1D," etc.) brings a visit from Mr. Reaper and kills the application.

Ask a developer to look at the crash log, which might offer a clue.
Something to always consider when installing a 68k program:

When I installed AdPro, I noticed features not working. It required a rexx library that didn't seem to have an OS4.x version - rexxreqtools.library. Once installed, the issue vanished.

I'm not saying that's your issue, but it is worth looking into Lightwave dependencies on your OS3.x and comparing.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

number6 wrote:
@mbrantley

Quote:

Ask a developer to look at the crash log, which might offer a clue.
Something to always consider when installing a 68k program:

When I installed AdPro, I noticed features not working. It required a rexx library that didn't seem to have an OS4.x version - rexxreqtools.library. Once installed, the issue vanished.

I'm not saying that's your issue, but it is worth looking into Lightwave dependencies on your OS3.x and comparing.

Bringing this thread back to the top just to mention my pleasant discovery: The Modeler ARexx scripts are working for me now. I don't know what has changed, because I haven't messed with the program on my Sam since August. But as of just now, the "Center" and "Center 1D" functions are working as they should in Modeler.

Yea!

Off to trace some rays...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@mbrantley

I don't know if you now have a working preview on screen, but I have.
I don't remember which renderer I have chosen but I can check that tonight if you want. It's probably Cybergraphx.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Elwood

Quote:

Elwood wrote:
@mbrantley

I don't know if you now have a working preview on screen, but I have.
I don't remember which renderer I have chosen but I can check that tonight if you want. It's probably Cybergraphx.

Yeah, let me know what you are using.

And just to be clear... are you talking about the preview image that can be made to appear after a frame is rendered? Or are you talking about the wireframe preview animation that you make with the "Make Preview" function in Layout. I assume you probablty mean the former, but if you have the latter working then I will be very, very excited. I've only ever got that to work on a real Amiga chipset.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)