Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 88

smf, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

FBlit help
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello. I was wondering if it was possible to get Fblit to work better with MUI, Amidock, and Amplilfier? I've already modified it to work with icons, increasing my gfx mem to 1.4mb with an 800x600x64 resolution screen. Though MUI apps eat alot of chip mem still, and Ampliifiers skin does as well. Amidock isn't a big deal, but when I assign a background image to it, it gets hungry for chipmem, too.

Resized Image
Go to top
Re: FBlit help
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kvasir

In FBlitGUI there are tabs and one of them contains two lists. You need to put the name of the task of your program into appropriate list. Include list means programs which will be allocated in Fast while Exclude list means programs which can not be in any way allocated or influenced by FBlit. It is written in manual.

Important thing is that the program you want to put into Fast memory has to be executed. Then you need to execute FBlitGUI and select its name from the menu (under the lists) and put it on the appropriate list. Then save the prefs and reboot. Since now program you selected will or will not (depends on the list) be allocated in Fast.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mailman

Would I be able to put .library entries in there? MUI is mostly lib based, I believe.

Resized Image
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kvasir

Not directly through the FBlitGUI. I assume that it works the way that putting there MUI applications is mostly the same as putting their the components used by the application. But don't quote me on that. But my experience shows that when you do everything wisely you will not run out of Chip memory.

My example:
I use YAM, Miami, DOpus4, Newscoaster, IBrowse. All these are MUI application (except DOpus). After running them all I still have free more than 1 MB of Chip memory. Screen I use has a resolution of 640x512 (8 bit) and a wallpaper.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
you input tasks
check their names via scout or open a shell and run status for a list of tasks. Scout will show more though (background tasks etc) so use that and input the desired names in fblitgui and reboot. That should work....

Go to top

Register To Post