Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 140

Maijestro, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: 68k OS getting close to OS 4.x
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@vox

spending time on trying to upgrade an OS to the point it becomes to slow to run on hardware it was designed for, makes no sense.

How many will use this patches? Should software developers assume that every one use this patches? Should I or any one else spend time back porting software to the few that does?

Besides bumping the version numbers are any changes that makes this library's 100% compatible?

I really don't think that this makes sense, instead of looking back start looking to the future.

Spend time writing new programs or port need programs to AmigaOS4.1.
or spend some cash in new hardware invest in the future.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2010/6/25 19:51:02
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

But, if Rigo say that is not amigaos way, then something make me think, that we will never improve ASL for more easy usage, and all our wordpocessors, image editors, and maybe future video-converting toolz and alt will still use the same ulgy old-way :) (that all imho of course).

I don't think Rigo is saying that our filerequesters cannot or should not support multiple file formats. He's just pointing out that "the Amiga way" of handling file formats is not through filename extensions.

There is no question that the selection of a fileformat is a common and needed thing, and the current incarnation of the ASL save filerequester fails to deliver that. The existing practice of displaying a format selector and then the filerequester (as mentioned by kas1e) is not sustainable. Clumsy and complicated for today's usability standards.

If you feel (like I do) that a wider discussion about ASL would be helpful, we can start a separate thread in order not to get off-topic in this one.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

Well the ASL requesters need a drastic overhaul. For me I don't see why the standard background grey is so light, blue and white don't show up clearly.
A simple fix (haha is it really that simple?) is make the grey a touch darker and give the text a 1x1pixel black shadow.

I don't know much about Windows 'dialog boxes' in regard to 'view by type' as I avoid Windows as much as possible, but it would be a sensible feature to add.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@trixie

I think collating the ASL discussion so far and putting it in a separate thread would be the best approach. This is obviously generating some traffic, and the subject is lost in here.

Simon

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)