Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
168 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 168

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Installed OS3.9 - now unable to use hard drive...
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
My nephew decided to install the OS3.9 into his A1200. He first created the emergency disk, then booted from the install CD and installed the OS to a clean partition.

Everything seemed to go well, but after the install there are problems with partitioning and writing to hard disk. Apparently if he creates three separate partitions, the last one is not recognised and cannot be accessed (written). All the partitions are less than 2 GB each and are less than 4 GB in total.

Any ideas what could be wrong? He is using a DCE CDROM adapter (which is a 4-way IDE splitter, much like Idefix), can that cause problems with OS3.9? Anything else that could cause the problems?

"Ain't Got no cash, Ain't got no style, Ladies vomit when I smile, but does Zoidberg worry?"
Go to top
Re: Installed OS3.9 - now unable to use hard drive...
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
Quote:
GrumpyOldMan wrote:
He is using a DCE CDROM adapter (which is a 4-way IDE splitter, much like Idefix), can that cause problems with OS3.9?

Not sure if this is the problem -- just a thought.

From the OS3.9 FAQ:

Quote:
Q: "scsi.device" from DEVS:AmigaOS ROM Update is installed unneccessarily, which erroneously overwrites some third-party controller software calling itself "scsi.device". Is there a workaround for this? (Controllers affected: Buddha, Catweazel IDE, X-Surf IDE, IDEfix Express).

A: Rename "DEVS:AmigaOS ROM Update" or put:

SetPatch SKIPROMUPDATES "scsi.device"
in "Emergency-Disk:S/Startup-Sequence"

[Martin Steigerwald]

Go to top
Re: Installed OS3.9 - now unable to use hard drive...
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@klesterjr

it's probably bacause the last partition is juust over the limit, install boingbags 1 and 2 (or switch the last partition to SFS) and it should be usable again.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top

Register To Post