Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Wordworth 7
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BillE

Oh, don't get me wrong, I sit in work sometimes and think the exact same thing: if I was at home I'd have it done in WW/TVPaint/ARexx by now. It's just let me down now seeing as I can't use the fonts I want to use when I print to a postscript interpreter, and the printer I have now (which is specifically chosen for other things and so can't be changed) isn't supported by any Amiga drivers. There's hardly any point in using it when I have to save it as an RTF and shuttle it across to Word to print anyway...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daedalus

Quote:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I sit in work sometimes and think the exact same thing: if I was at home I'd have it done in WW/TVPaint/ARexx by now.

Quote:
It's just let me down now seeing as I can't use the fonts I want to use when I print to a postscript

I agree here, WWs way of suddenly changinf onts when you change from normal printing to PS printing is rather annoying. Something they maybe could have fixed if the Amiga market had not died.

Quote:
and the printer I have now (which is specifically chosen for other things and so can't be changed) isn't supported by any Amiga drivers.

There lies the big problem. Whatever WP is written for any future Amiga will be sod all use if the Amiga cannot use the printer you have. Luckily my Canon is supported by Turboprint even if not by the Amiga OS.

It is certainly not a problem with Wordworth but the Amiga printing support

Bill.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daedalus

Quote:

Daedalus wrote:
@Slayer
Coupled with the fact that I can't print from it now means it gets very little use :(

Doesn't this just mean like me you have to buy a new printer? I will soon, a HP 1100 or 1200 I suppose. My last HP cost $1100.00 second hand and that was a long time ago a 500C Colour DeskJet... heh

So printers these days as far as I'm concerned are like most cpu things, dirt cheap.

I'm so glad I paid for so much for so long twenty years ago, because now days, I don't have any problem forking out a thousand or so for that extra piece... why I have 2 SAMs and won't stop there...

People expect so much for very little these days, the thing that I want to know IS what on earth do they spend there money on? they still don't seem to be any happier or any further ahead... heh

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Slayer

Well, for me it's not just a printer. I'm using an Epson R1800 which is profiled, calibrated and all that for photography work, and to be honest, there's no other printer in the consumer marked that even comes close. Yes, I could buy another printer just for use with the Amiga, but it would mean having to have two printers... Which is just not practical space-wise, especially for the little use it would get...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris
Have you actually ever used Wordworth?
Hell no, why? Still have 'WordPerfect' hangover here. Is the company 'Digita' still in existence? Then I should be able to see a demo and see 2009 updates. If not, then I don't want the software.

I really owe everyone an apology. I missed the word "classic" in the topic. I don't have any classic amiga here, so criticizing software on the A1 is not justifiable. The market doesn't run on classic amiga stuff.

... the developer's issues elsewhere which have effectively stalled the Amiga. Do 'they' want me to stand still until issues are resolved? No, I'll spend time & money somewhere else.

@Gebrochen
Hollywood 4 and hollywood designer
Very respectable software! God, I wish I could put the founds together to buy it.

@BillE
You can't buy it now even if you wanted to.
SoftHut.com listed it for $89 US dollars. What did WW7 cost in 1991? Anything that is twenty years old, here in the US, is legally referred to as an 'antique' and falls under the laws governing antiques.

...When at any time in the last 10 to 15 years have you been able to buy any Amiga software at any shop never mind one that is even local to anyone.
That was the 'con' I was trying to make to Slayer. Old software is not exactly available to everyone anymore.

@trixie
Now the author has confirmed resuming work on the Amiga version, and an update is due soon(ish).
Yeh,yeh in my dreams some day. I asked him for Demo and was told to buy the old classic version and wait for the OS4 version. Geez man, that's the dumbist and cheapist thing I ever heard in my whole life. You don't promise products in the real world - you deliver them!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:
Hell no, why?

So you can have an informed opinion rather than saying it's no good because it's old?

Quote:
Still have 'WordPerfect' hangover here.

I don't think the Amiga version of WordPerfect and WordWorth can be compared, really.

Quote:
Is the company 'Digita' still in existence? Then I should be able to see a demo and see 2009 updates.

Yes they are. They even helped out somebody many years after they left the Amiga market, with a replacement license code. I have no doubt that if the Amiga market wasn't in the sorry state it's in now, they would still be developing Wordworth. I believe they are willing to sell the source code, but it runs into many hundreds of thousands of dollars, and there are very few (if any) companies left who have the finances to purchase and update it.

Here is your demo: Wordworth 7 demo

Please make a point of trying it and report back with some more constructive comments.

Anyway, I'm off to buy Photogenics.

Chris

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

Quote:

Chris wrote:

Anyway, I'm off to buy Photogenics.

Chris

Do you know where to buy it? Chris

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

What did WW7 cost in 1991?

Nothing. WW7 was released in 1998.

Quote:

(Re: PageStream) Yeh,yeh in my dreams some day.

I'm not trying to persuade you, I'm just passing on what the author posted on the mailinglist this week. You may not be satisfied with how PageStream progresses, and frankly, neither am I! But if all you can do is sneer at people who are trying to be helpful you might as well get a life somewhere else.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AJS

Quote:
(Photogenics) Do you know where to buy it?

Perhaps here?

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/sat5/e ... PGRP=0&ABCODE=&CACHE_ID=0

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AJS

Yes, thanks to an old post of yours. I've been meaning to get it for ages - the only software I have capable of manipulating true-colour images is BME, which is minimal at best, and frustratingly lacking in features at worst.

I don't have an immediate requirement, but I have it now, so that saves me struggling with BME next time!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

Well enjoy it Chris, I have it on my MicroA1, my Laptop and my PDA....I like it don't know what I'm doing with it! but I like it hee he

Professor Chaos
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AJS

That makes two of us. Having just had a bit of a play with it, I'm a little lost but I don't think it will take too long to get the hang of the basics. Is there a pixel-based drawing tool? The fancy brush stuff is great for arty things, but editing images at a pixel level - or at least with a sharp edge - is quite often what I need. I whacked the pencil tool up to maximum pressure and minimum size, but is there an easier way?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris Quote:
editing images at a pixel level ... is there an easier way?

What about PPaint from Cloanto? There's also some modern free-ish drawing progs for OS4, but not tried them yet.

BTW, I am most interested to hear about the reliability of the latest Photogenics on OS4. Older versions had the reputation for being very unstable on OS3, let alone with OS4.1's more stringent checks... (Also, is there a demo available?)

Edited by ChrisH on 2009/5/23 11:58:57
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

What about PPaint from Cloanto?

That's missing the point somewhat!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris
Move over to here Chris as its a bit more on topic
Photogenics

Professor Chaos
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)