Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: AmigaAMP @ 4.1
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DJBase

Yep, same thing here under 4.1 on AmigaOne.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DJBase

Can anyone tell me if the GadTools GUI in AMP does look also broken in OS4.1...
I don't know about your images ?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11367727@N07/1105642268/
The mouse will freeze-up when I UNHIDE the no skin Gui in AMP v2.18 in OS4.1 A1-XE WB53.1

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Snuffy

Now this is odd. Why does it work for you? Do you have anything special installed?

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This is strange. I've just installed OS4.1 on a SAM and it doesn't work for me either.

AmigaAMP renders and installs an "AmigaAMPsymbols.font" in the system which is then used by the plain GUI for the control buttons.

I've just investigated this a little more and it seems to depend on the language setting. When you select ISO8859-15 (the one with the Euro symbol) then apparently AmigaOS doesn't like the AmigaAMP font and seems to reject it. Setting the language to just "German" for example works fine.

Guess I need to find out how to make AmigaAMP's symbol font ISO8859-15 compatible then...

By the way, I'm currently working on the crash-at-exit (DSI error) bug. There will be an update soon. This is still the old 68k code but bugfixed so that it works properly under the new OS4.1 kernels. And you can continue using the native decoding engine from OS4-Depot of course.

Thomas

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DJBase

I just followed Thomas Wenzel's page:
http://www.amigaamp.de/
<shrug> I don't what else to say.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Snuffy

Like Tom already said, its just a matter of the right locale settings as it has some probs with newer locales.

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tomsoniq

Quote:

tomsoniq wrote:
This is strange. I've just installed OS4.1 on a SAM and it doesn't work for me either.

AmigaAMP renders and installs an "AmigaAMPsymbols.font" in the system which is then used by the plain GUI for the control buttons.

Where is that font? I can't seem to find it, neither in my FONTS: nor in the AmigaAMP directory with subdirs.

Quote:
I've just investigated this a little more and it seems to depend on the language setting. When you select ISO8859-15 (the one with the Euro symbol) then apparently AmigaOS doesn't like the AmigaAMP font and seems to reject it. Setting the language to just "German" for example works fine.

Guess I need to find out how to make AmigaAMP's symbol font ISO8859-15 compatible then...

If it is a normal Amiga bitmap font, it should be possible to simply make a variant of it for ISO8859-15; if that is the system charset, Locale will pick up the one named <font name>/<size>_ISO-8859-15 automatically. The same of course goes for other charsets. Since I haven't been able to look closer at the font, I can't know for sure, but I would guess that in this case it would be enough to make simple copies of the font; you're not using any of the character codes above 127, are you?

Quote:
By the way, I'm currently working on the crash-at-exit (DSI error) bug. There will be an update soon. This is still the old 68k code but bugfixed so that it works properly under the new OS4.1 kernels. And you can continue using the native decoding engine from OS4-Depot of course.

Thomas

Cool, looking forward to that.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DJBase

Quote:

DJBase wrote:
@Snuffy

Like Tom already said, its just a matter of the right locale settings as it has some probs with newer locales.

Well, the "right locale settings" are of course the ones with the charset you want and need in general. It shouldn't be a GUI rendering technique in one specific application which decides those settings for the rest of the system. So hopefully Tom can find out how to support arbitrary system charsets with his font.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Deniil

The new version of AmigaAMP on os4depot fixes the crash on exit bug on my sam440 under OS4.1.

It can be found at http://www.os4depot.net/?function=sho ... io/play/amigaamp-full.lha

I have been using it most of the day and it would seem to work very nicely now :)

edit: fixed some typo's

Edited by Dwyloc on 2009/2/28 18:34:11
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
AmigaAMP works fine now!!! THANKS!!!!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@CountRaven

The new version from AmigaAMP 2.20 and the OS4 decoding engine 2.20 worked very fine on my SAM with OS4.1.
No GrimReaper when I quit the program.

Heiko

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

AmigaAMP has been my main music player for about 4 years.

I upgraded to AmigaAMP v2.20 today.

Working just fine so far.

---
redfox

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)