Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: MIDI keyboard
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

There is no way to tell.

clusters are between programs.
they do more than just inputs and outputs.

example:
I have an audio mixer (hardware) in my studio. I control it from a bcr2000, and from a software mix window. and I have a master volume slider beside my keyboard.

a script on startup checks for which devices are connected, and each is connected to cluster "mix" as input AND output.

when I turn a physical knob on the bcr2000, the master volume changes in the mixer. the software mix window master slider also moves. the vmeter volume slider LEDs also move to reflect the change. everything stays in sync.

later I run a script that reconfigures all mixer channels. All the devices update in real time.

later I'm recording a tricky bit, and I want to automate it all. I record "mix" and it's all captured into a track of horny. later when I play it back, the mixer and all the controls come alive with the controls.

so, is cluster "mix" an input or an output? there's many sources and many listeners connected there.

at work.. I'll check in later

Lylehaze

Go to top
Re: MIDI keyboard
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Lyle

Thank you for the explanation. Having flipped through the docs, it seemed to me that it would work something like this but I wasn't sure.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)