Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Fastest 3D card on Amiga
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Atheist

Yes it is very confusing.

I'm bidding for a 9250 with 256MB, 128bit memory, Core 240Mhz, Memory 400Mhz. AGP 2x, 4x, 8x.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Does anyone know if work has started on 3D support for better cards, e.g. the 9800 or Radeon X800+? Or will this be done after the graphics subsystem has had its overhaul?

To be honest, I don't see much point in developing drivers for the newer cards before the graphics system has been replaced. The down side to that is that we won't see support for newer cards for a while.

Hans

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Ok my new gfx card is on the way.

It is a 9250 128bit, 256MB memory, 240/400Mhz. I'll let you know.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ikir

specs for my Gigabyte GVR9000

ATI RADEON 9000

RV250 core 250Mhz 400MHz DDR 6.4GB/s

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Helge

Quote:

What might be the problem? These cards can't be much different from the other Radeon cards! If it is lack of documentation, how did the Morphos-peoples get it running with 3D?

I expect that MorphOS developers must have had more time to spend on 3D drivers, and therefore had more time to solve the issues with 8500 and 9100 cards.

There are 4 people responsible for MorphOS 3D, although I'm not sure what other parts they work on.

AFAIK only Hans-Joerg and Thomas work on Warp3D and we know they have plenty of other responsibilities.

Quote:
I don't think it's such a big difference though. Maybe it's better to directly go ahead with 9600 and 9800 for some super-fast 3D action.

They are moving from Warp3D to OpenGL, and drivers for faster cards will come after that.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@swoodall

Quote:
There are quite a lot of 9200s and 9250s out there without a full 128-bit memory interface.

The indicator comes in the LE and SE editions of the cards. I've affectionately named these the LoserEdition and the StupidEdition. It's not an insult to the users of these cards, but to the fact they are both noticable slower 64 bit versions and not the 128 bit bus versions. The SE and LE designation holds true for Nivida cards too. I'm sure manufactures have some other cool definition, but I like mine better.

Plaz

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Plaz

How about Laidback Edition and Sedate Edition.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rob

Quote:
How about Laidback Edition and Sedate Edition.

Sure why not. Others work well too. LameEdition and StrangledEdition come to mind.

Plaz

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Ok my 9250 128bit arrived.... changed it, booted normally and now 3D is faster!

I got 7-8 fps more than before on Quake3.

It aslo has 256Mb of gfx ram.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)