Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
53 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 51

VooDoo, salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Sam440ep with serious stability issues
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

salass00 wrote:
@tonyw

Quote:

I agree with the last speaker (as they say). Contact ACube about it, they'll be helpful and quick. You'll only delay fixing it by talking here.

I just sent a message to ACube using the contact form on their webpage.

that's great to hear! Isn't it nice to have new hardware that had a warranty

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@salass00

So our sam's might meet while their holiday trip to Italy - I'm still waiting for a nice postcard from that little bugger...

My sam440ep-mini broke even more seriously - in the meantime I have the suspicion, that the Mini-sam should not be operated without cooling. I have a standard mini-ITX case with the usual ventilation holes and we all (including my system builder/seller) thought that it is no problem to operate it without any active cooling, but now I'm not sure anymore.
Maybe some of the production runs of the boards (or some components) are a little more "on the edge" when it comes to temperature.
Sadly enough I had no "warnings" about this before (like Chris here "http://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... ype=&mode=0&start=0").

This is of course no real analysis - only a suspicion, maybe Acube will find the real fault on my board...

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
A bit offtopic, but sadly to know, that more or less new hardware have such problems. Very hope that x1000 will not start to dies after 1-2 years as many a1 and looks like sams too.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts
ACube are reputable folks. I am sure they will assist.

ace

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@acefnq
yes I'm sure too though I hope they start recommending the use of small fans in their systems...running any electronic component for amny hours with no cooling is a guranteed recipe for failure...sonner or later..see the link in post no. 22

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@salass00

Hello,

What about news about your SAM computer ???

I have seen a ranger version that mean maybe your SAM came back to you repaired ????

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mrodfr

Quote:

Mrodfr wrote:
@salass00

I have seen a ranger version that mean maybe your SAM came back to you repaired ????

Ranger is developed by Steven (ssolie), not by Fredrik (salass00). But I myself keep confusing the two all the time

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

oops

But the question is allways justified

Too hot where I live, just slept 4 hours last night

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The Sam440ep and memory module was posted on 6-June-2010 (about three weeks ago). I haven't heard anything back from ACube yet .

I wonder how long it usually takes for packages to be delivered from Finland to Italy?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

I'm italian but when I ordered my first Sam I waited almost 2 weeks before receive the package, so I think that 3 weeks is normal for your specific case/distance

Aniway be happy, the ACube services are always efficent

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I don?t think many new sams have these problems. I have had my sam since october 08. Still working like a charm. Used on a daily basis. The only thing that went belly up was a psu.

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@all
A bit offtopic, but sadly to know, that more or less new hardware have such problems. Very hope that x1000 will not start to dies after 1-2 years as many a1 and looks like sams too.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I received a reply from ACube on friday (I didn't check my e-mail during the weekend so I only saw it just now) that they received the SAM a few days ago and have already fixed one problem caused by a faulty resistor on the motherboard and are now doing stress tests to see if there are any other problems.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Good news !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Very hope that x1000 will not start to dies after 1-2 years as many a1 and looks like sams too.

Just for the record I've had my ?A1 since 2004 and I've had no problems with it so far. Same as Antique I had to replace the PSU once (fortunately the warranty on it was still in force) when it broke during a short power outage but this really could have happened to any computer.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Quote:

328gts wrote:
@acefnq
yes I'm sure too though I hope they start recommending the use of small fans in their systems...running any electronic component for amny hours with no cooling is a guranteed recipe for failure...sonner or later..see the link in post no. 22

mmh..are you shure? When I think about smart phones which use 600, or even 800 MHz processors (with not even a heat dissipator) I wonder if the cooling is really that necessary on a Sam667..

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@salass00

With the Update 1 yes there is some strange problems, for example I can't use several programs as Disk Image, AmiDVD and Frying Pan, although these last never I have could use them because always I have problems with the device. I hope that new Sam hasn't these problems.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@salass00

Quote:

salass00 wrote:
I received a reply from ACube on friday (I didn't check my e-mail during the weekend so I only saw it just now) that they received the SAM a few days ago and have already fixed one problem caused by a faulty resistor on the motherboard and are now doing stress tests to see if there are any other problems.

This is verry great and I'm verry happy for you

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Let's hope you get it back and without more problems.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

I've had my A1-XE for over six years now and my Sam for three, and haven't had any h/w problems with either one. On the A1, like many others, I've had to replace the PSU and I replaced the small cooler on the CPU with a nice Zalman, but there was never any problem with the motherboard.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The SAM440 was posted back yesterday and I received it today by UPS. I've just put it together again and am in the process of installing OS4.1 update 1 on it. Hopefully the stability issues will be gone now...

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »