Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Xena Brings Interesting Possibilities ;)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Now that we know of the unique programable Xena chip, this co-processor opens up a lot of unique possibilities for the new AmigaOne X1000, the first AmigaOne X for the new Amiga hardware platform.

Imagine how interested a game company like Lucasarts would be in collaboration of making new advanced Star Wars games like The Force Unleashed trilogy, using technologies like the Euporia or what the name is like..

You know, this kind of advanced realistic animation technology you find in the console game "The Force Unleashed" where metal bends like metal, where enemies with advanced AI will grab what they can when they are knocked out of the present area where they stand, screams and sounds that will sound just like expected in
real life, blood that will flow as real blood, environment and landscapes that truly look like as we seem then in real life and far much more...

Xena introduces such unique abillities to the new Amiga platform..

It's not something we should think about right here and now, but just to have it in mind for a later date when the new Amiga platform has managed to secured its' rebirth as the best multimedia platform of choice.

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Re: Xena Brings Interesting Possibilities ;)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

I doubt Amiga can ever be as powerful a game platform as consoles or PCs are now. Xena chip is no way better than PCs hardware. Anyway, at least it is closer to it than before and this time more games will run on Amigas and hopefully some developers will make some completely unique ones for our platform.

Dusty A500
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@SIID

I like the part "unique ones for our platform" :) 99,99% of the Console/PC games out there today,is just "same shit,new wrapping" approach, and this bore me to death. I would like to see real innovative ideas being pursued,and not only improved graphic and sound,as it is today.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis,

I wish they would let more out about this chip but all I can find are these quotes

From Hyperionmp on AW.

"There was a very good reason why the standard PCI-E x8 connector was chosen inline with a PCI-E x1 slot.

(I doubt the cost of a standard physical connector will add a lot to the board price incidentally).

Think cheap bridgeboard."

" And, "The integration is pretty tight."

PCI-Ex8 is the Xorro slot. so there is a whole lot of connectivity there. Who knows?

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

Quote:
Imagine how interested a game company like Lucasarts would be in collaboration of making new advanced Star Wars games like The Force Unleashed trilogy, using technologies like the Euporia or what the name is like..

Man you live in a dreamworld...not amigaworld

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@SIID

Well, probably not in the first place. It could take time, though, but at least make use of such advances for say, perhaps other games? At least in the term of the Amiga, this is quite new, when it's quite common on other platforms..

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hondo

Hehe, good point At least i am trying to mix my dreams with reality

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@QuikSanz

Well, being programable co-processor is definitely a very good thing. It might be quite common on other platforms, but for the Amiga it's quite new, and who knows? The Amiga might as well be the best choice for such creativity..

- Helgis
Go to top

Register To Post