Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Zap usb stick
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I got an 8gig zap usb 2 mem stick,formated with ntfs. Doesn't work on amiga. I tried to format it as fat32,no change. The usb window opens up when i insert it but no info in window. And the window won't go away. Any ideas? Have a sam 440ep.

X5000
Go to top
Re: Zap usb stick
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

Yeah I have ide!! OS4 need new USB stack ;) (new version )

that will be resolve big number of problem!

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

SanDisk USB stuff always works. Don't know who Zap is made by. I see on the Google grapevine it's China. Experience with Chinese electronics is wobbly IMHO. Could be compatibility issues. Does Mass Storage Device show anything?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@VooDoo

I have another usb stick,think its scandisk. And that one works like a charm. The problem is that i've no idea where i put it. hehe.

Quote:

VooDoo wrote:
@Antique

Yeah I have ide!! OS4 need new USB stack ;) (new version )

that will be resolve big number of problem!

@Snuffy

Can't check that right now,as i'm typing this from ff on a peecee. I can check that when i get home.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

Im with Voodoo

Most of my sticks works while other dont work. Even if they work i pray that the transfer is right as the filesystem gets corrupted so i stopped using usb on my amigaone. I remember when we used to say "plug and pray" for pc users. Now i know how that feels :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Kicko

Yes,thats true too. But find it strange that some brands work like a charm,while others NOT. When they're supposed to be using the same protocols. Atleast on the paper. But,yes usb2.0 would be good. Also for the speed increase.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

SanDisk USB stuff always works.

No it does not. I have a SanDisk Cruzer Mini 128MB stick here, which gets identified (USB attachment shows the correct manufacturer and model info) but does not show as a disk on the Workbench.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@VooDoo

Quote:
Yeah I have idea!! OS4 need new USB stack ;) (new version ) that will be resolve big number of problem!

A greatly improved CrossDOS couldn't hurt matters either.

But I have a 2 GB PNY and a smaller SanDisk and both work extremely well with my A1, though I think both have gotten corrupted once in the Amiga over the course of a couple years.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Paul

Dont know about other ppl,but for me OS4 needs better USb stack!

On my A1200 I using SubwayUSB in comabination wiht Posedion USb stack..and ALL USB hav what I have at home is working ..(web cam,digi cam,SE k850 mobile,usb stick,scanner,network card...) on os4 only USb stick is working :( that is shame..and yeah Is 1.1 :(

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@VooDoo
Everyone knows that OS4.1 needs improved USB, which is why it should be much improved in Update 1.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

The only gift I have asked to Santa Claus, for my Xmas day, is an updated USB stack (bugs free and greatly enhanced) for AOS4.1.1

all device recognized and working and no FAT32 problems.

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mrodfr

Yeah!! That will be great Xmas gift from Hyperion and os4 Team!!!

A1200 sandwich

Go to top

Register To Post