Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 132

rjd324, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: Sam 440 Flex board?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @COBRA

The reason the Sam-Flex will not have a 460EX processor is that it would require a complete redesign...
Thanks for the GIANT footnote!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Snuffy

the 460 does still have a 440 core, just nice extras like L2 cache, pci-e, up to 4Gb ram etc so it does need some work to incorporate it.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@derfs

Quote:

derfs wrote:
@Snuffy

the 460 does still have a 440 core, just nice extras like L2 cache, pci-e, up to 4Gb ram etc so it does need some work to incorporate it.

Heh, then swap the 440EP chip on a Sam440 with a 460EX, and let us know how it functions :D

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@COBRA

swap it even when its soldered onto the board, and has almost 300 extra connectors on it ?

i was just pointing out the core is the same in the 460 as the 440, so if you dont take the L2 cache into effect it will give the same performance when run at the same speed.

the benefit is that the 460EX can go up to 1GHz+, the L2 cache will make a huge difference, plus the others that i have already said.

I like the idea of a board with 2 pci-e and a pci, so you can have a radeon 9250 pci while waiting for a r500 class radeon driver from hans ;) of course this would mean having a x16 slot that runs at x4 but i dont think anyone would argue that much heh

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@derfs

Sorry I misunderstood what you wrote.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)