Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
76 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 76

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

ELBOX about 2008
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Source

"New Year's Greetings from Elbox
[31 December 2007]

Elbox Computer wishes all Amiga users a Very Happy New Year!

During the recent weeks, we have received many inqueries concerning our plans in reference to the releasement of AmigaOS4 for Classic Amiga computers. Thank you very much for all these messages and your interest. All we can say as for now is that our designer team is very busy preparing the new hardware products for Classic Amiga, which will allow to show the enhanced potential of OS4. Year 2008 will be very interesting and fruitful for Classic Amiga users."

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: ELBOX about 2008
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
New Mediator which is capable of direct DMA to CSPPC's memory/resources?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

I hope for new drivers for the amiga os 4.0 for a full support of mediator

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nubechecorre

I hope Shark PPC will turn up

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rudei

Yeah Shark PPC must go on

Let's stay tuned about Elbox's news on 2008.

I have a cool Mikronik Amiga 1300 since more than 2 years
on ASB-Computer
(how could it happen?) but at the moment I am enjoying my
Amiga One fruitful experience as far as I get.

Shark PPC is a project that really caught my atention on the beggining of the 21st century.It was two motherboards of 400 Mhz and and awesome 550 Mhz if I remember well.

Better to redesign the Shark or maybe we loose here some modern features on this board.

Anyway Happy 2008 Elbox!!

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

They are the speeds when the Shark was first announced.
Is it possible whatever is produced now could be faster?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TiredOfLife

On my opinion 400 mhz PPC and 550 mhz PPC are by far a bit outdated by now,but may the ELBOX team have enough resources to deliver some quality PPC cards to join the
army of the Amiga 1200/4000 or classic AGA machines.

Best whises to ELBOX for the new year.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I hope your right.
I have 160mhz PPC so better of than some but also worse off than others.
Would love to see Elbox produce the Shark.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TiredOfLife

Great news!

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

You say that, but people running 160MHz and 240MHz Classic OS4.0 don't seem to have complained?

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rudei

Quote:

Rudei wrote:
@MamePPCA1

You say that, but people running 160MHz and 240MHz Classic OS4.0 don't seem to have complained?

Rude!

Oh, come one. The haven't complained because it's the first and only AOS that makes use of their ppc expansions boards.

Do you think that they would rather preffered running OS4 on a classic with ppc @ 160MHZ or on a A1 G3@600 Mhz?

What's the point of building up a new ppc that will sound and act as retro right from its birth?

And don't forget that the (new) ppc will cost around 500 euros (give or take). Then you will need a tower case, mediator, gfx etc. So we are talking for a cost around 1000 euros. That's a lot money for a machine that will have top speed @ 400 Mhz. Even without the tower.. just the ppc, 500 euros are a lot of money. They should build up something strong. Not a QuadG6@10Ghz but something adequate.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@TiredOfLife

Someone posted on a thread recently that the Shark was nothing more than one of Sonnets Mac processor upgrade cards.
They go a lot higher in speeds now. 'Course, we'd still need drivers...

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/crescendo_7200.html

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/crescendo_pci.html

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

Quote:

And don't forget that the (new) ppc will cost around 500 euros (give or take). Then you will need a tower case, mediator, gfx etc. So we are talking for a cost around 1000 euros.

Many people already have the rest of the required hardware and just need the SharkPPC.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@OldAmigan

I have heard that before.
Assuming Elbox hasn't already bought a job lot, then we should be able to get higher speed cards.

@Cool_amigaN

From what people are saying on various Amiga sites, there are plenty of people who have got the rest of the kit.
Second hand PPCs have gone recently for 500 euros so faster brand new kit will sell at that price easily.

@Rudei

Well I'm running OS4 on a classic.
Believe me, the extra grunt would be much appreciated.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
If these cards (or one of them, anyway) is the Shark, Sonnet are selling them online for $39.95 - for the 500Mhz model and $19.95 for the 400 Mhz.

Wish I could write the necessary software to get one of these babes running on an A1200 with mediator.

The other cards go up to 1GHz!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@OldAmigan

Me an all.
1GHz would be very nice.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

Ok, but if the Shark boards are at 400Mhz or thereabouts and are reasonably priced then I can see no reason why people would not buy.

And as others have said, quite a few people already have towered Amigas and are awaiting expansions in the absence of new hardware.

Of course, new hardware that is considered next gen Amiga (like the Amigaones were) would be more desirable, but with a court case hanging over that area, the classics is the only certain way I can see that OS4 can be realised on new hardware anytime soon.

Thanks for listening,
Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

"Oh, come one. The haven't complained because it's the first and only AOS that makes use of their ppc expansions boards."

erm! not ... well it is not an AmigaOS ...

btw ... give me even a mere 400 Mhz with a fast rambus and we will rule the world! (with AOS4 i mean)

me runs ...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Framiga

Yeah I rule the world with my Amiga One.
Gonna play with xMAME again!
If 1 Ghz is done we will be the first ones to smile doesn't
right?

Go to top

Register To Post