Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 96

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Still development of Codebench and where to get Debugger Plugins from?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi everybody,

still using Codebench and like it! Again many thanks!

But since I know Rigo has a lot more to do and his hands on I just wanted to ask whether Codebench is still being developed (for C/C++ projects) or whether it has low priority?

Furthermore I wanted to ask how to set the debugger plugins described within the documentation on Codebench website and where to get them from (namely Amnesia and gdb plugin - couls not find them yet)?

BTW: Is there any documentation regarding the plugin interface and is it powerful enough to enable a graphical source level debugger plugin using gdb for example?

Thanks again (now back to football EM - seems we have a good chance of winning against Netherlands!)!

Bye

Go to top
Re: Still development of Codebench and where to get Debugger Plugins from?
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Hi,

Glad to see you are using CodeBench, and still enjoying it.

Development has continued since the last public stable release, although various bugs and feature imlementations have held up a subsequent release. While work does continue, unfortunately it has taken a back seat, for various reasons.

The plugin interface is certainly capable of sustaining a source-level debugger, and is something that has had a share of time dedicated to it. As yet, none of the debug plugins are really ready for release, but there have been significant pushes lately to try and get ready for a new public release.

All I can ask is to stick with it while we attempt to finalise a new public release.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Simon,

thanks for your response and for the ongoing work regarding Codebench, AmiUpdate and AOS4!

Looking forward to the next version and also to the final release!

One question meanwhile:
Is there some kind of documentation of the plugin interface of Codebench?

Best Regards
René

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
None of the plugin interfaces are currently documented. In all honesty, the project plugin interface is not likely to ever be, as the API is far too low level.

The debug plugin API, however, is not too deep within the main program, so that may be opened up at some point. Currently though, due to not finalising any of the "in progress" plugins, the API is still expanding. Due to its constant evolution, this makes it hard to nail down the interface for documentation purposes.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

Thank you for continuing the work with extremely important tool!

(I wish there was (bigger) team behind it. Many things develop so slowly in Amigaland... )

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Rigo.

I use Codebench too.

Codebench is very nice and i hope to buy a licenced or registered version sooner or later.

Yes, there are certain little bug, but CodeBench is very interesting product.

Please continue with your good work.

Thank you

Edited by AmigaBlitter on 2012/6/14 14:15:38
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo:

BTW: Is there some kind of input possibility for additional feature requests so that you can collect and prioritize them?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
When I code for OS4 I use CodeBench too.

Nice to see that there is still life in this project. Keep it up and I hope it will reach v1.0 in a not so distant future.

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I use Codebench almost daily and I am very happy with what it can do. Of course updates are always welcome and like others look forward to new features appearing - and for what it says it is able to do in way of features right now - it is more than capable of doing so.

Great work Rigo. :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
hmm, I went off to get the registered version (since I do plan to learn how to code and thought this was a great way to kickstart it and support developers) but it isn't ready yet... darn

Keep up the great work Simon, I read lots of comments, it sounds awesome!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Slayer wrote:
hmm, I went off to get the registered version (since I do plan to learn how to code and thought this was a great way to kickstart it and support developers) but it isn't ready yet... darn

You Can Download the Free License version, though.
Same as everybody else!

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just to say my thanks for this wonderful IDE. I'm using it almost daily to practice C language.

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top

Register To Post