Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
51 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 51

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

up/down keys under AmiCygnix ?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi all,
I have a rather annoying problem under amicygnix : when using Gnumeric or Abiworld, I can only scroll with the mouse, which is very slow and the up/down keys (not the four arrows keys) dont work.

Is there a way to active these globally ?
thx
Lio

Go to top
Re: up/down keys under AmiCygnix ?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I can use the arrow keys on those programs and scroll fast enough so you have a problem. I have no answers but amicygnix can slow down horribly on an A1 when a lot has been, and is, going on elsewhere. Oops - you did say up/ down keys . They do not work.

Noel

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
yes I am talking about the page up/page down arrows !

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Lio wrote:
Hi all,
I have a rather annoying problem under amicygnix : when using Gnumeric or Abiworld, I can only scroll with the mouse, which is very slow and the up/down keys (not the four arrows keys) dont work.

Is there a way to active these globally ?
thx
Lio

This is a problem of the X server. The keyboard support is not completely implemented. I see no way to enable this with the current server, sorry.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cygnused

Any plans for an updated X server if any are available. Or won't it help?

Also have you any plans to update gimp to latest release?
Any updates available for xsane package?

And keep up the good work with amicygnix.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Any plans for an updated X server if any are available. Or won't it help?

The version of my X11 port is 6.3 and the current version is 7.5. I like to port a newer version, because I need some new features to have the chance to increase the performance. But my time is limited.
The keyboard problem could be solved also with V6.3. But I cannot promise, that it will be solved in the next AmiCygnix update. It has low priority for me.

Quote:
Also have you any plans to update gimp to latest release?

I have Gimp 2.6.11 here and it is fully working. But before I can publish it, I have to finish my update package for AmiCygnix. It will not work without it.

Quote:
Any updates available for xsane package?

Sorry, no. I think I will wait for the next update of the sane backends.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi Edgar,
ok understood.
it would be nice to have those keys working but it is definitely more important to improve the general speed of the program.
Thanks

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Cygnused

Nice to hear you're still working on improvements. But what speed improvements are we talking about?
The only real annoying thing is the slow window moving. Then again i've only tried gimp and xsane. So n o idea how other programs behave. But offcourse all speed improvemts are very welcome.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Antique wrote:
@Cygnused

Nice to hear you're still working on improvements. But what speed improvements are we talking about?
The only real annoying thing is the slow window moving. Then again i've only tried gimp and xsane. So n o idea how other programs behave. But offcourse all speed improvemts are very welcome.

Of course I want to improve the whole performance and especially the window movement .

Go to top

Register To Post