Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 122

skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: WxWidgets bounty status request
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

Quote:
I hope someone is able to help Abalaban with the ReAction stuff. I'm sure any help is appreciated.

I hope so too. Implementing the native GUI is probably the biggest and hardest part of this project.

@abalaban

Have you had a look at just implementing an AmigaOS wxDC that uses the graphics library and using the built-in wxUniversal widgets? That would probably be easier than trying to go straight for a full ReAction GUI. Plus, the wxDC implementation is needed anyway, since there's always going to be some stuff that needs to be user drawn.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Don't knowing Reaction is a drawback because I have to make choices on very low level that would have consequences latter when I'll want to implement native widgets.
But anyway I'll try to do a resume and I'll contact you by email. In the meantime if you want I can tell you what to look at.

@Troels

Yes any help would be appreciated.

@Hans

Indeed it's the plan. In fact the real plan is two steps :
1) implement very low level graphical classes (that is wxDC, wxPen, etc.) so that we will be able to run wxUniversal (it's a universal implementation of the main widgets only using the low level class, i.e. using *non* native GUI)
2) replace widgets one by one by native ones (when it's possible)

Note that for 1) the idea is also to implement an AmigaOS theme so that wxUniversal would look (almost) identical to a native GUI.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans
Quote:
Hans wrote:
I hope so too. Implementing the native GUI is probably the biggest and hardest part of this project.

I think the only way it can be implemented in a reasonable time is with the involvement of someone who has written a complete Amiga paint program like PerfectPaint, ImageFX or TVPaint. I don't know how many people with those skills are still involved with the Amiga, if any.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)