Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 67

ddni, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Allegro News ?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Is there any news about Allegro for OS4 ?

Go to top
Re: Allegro News ?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre

Yes. It exists and is useable. Hitman has done a great job!
I am a betatester and I have ported lots of stuff with it, that I can't release yet, as Allegro ain't finished.

Hitman is moving house and just got a new job, so he is a bit busy ATM. I wrote him a mail recently, I hope we'll see him back in biz soon again!

Things are looking very good regarding Amiga Allegro though.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

Thanks for the reply it's good to see that things are moving on

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotUP

Thanks for your report

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotUP

nice to know

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@spotUP

I'm looking forward to see Allegro for OS4 and thanks to you it looks like, that we will see a lot of games along with it when it comes out

I think it would be a good idea to write a bit more about the progres of the port on the bounty page. It might encorage me to make another donation

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@spotUP
Thanks for the small progress report, nice to hear things are progressing well.

@Thread
When I get the time I will add a link from the bounty site to this thread and use that as a information/support thread. That will be an easy way to keep information updated and a good place to ask questions (that spotUP hopefully can and have time to answer)

@Controller
I have no plans to do status reports on the bounty page itself, only update the amount donated. So you have to settle with the information you get via this thread. Btw. If you decide to make another donation I will donate the same amount (up to EUR 20), we have to get the bounty beyond 400 EUR don't we

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Troels

Well...

To make that bounty raise a bit, I'll let one small thing slip ...

I have the sources to the closed source game 'Zelda Classic' all the libs it needs are ported, and work has begun on porting Zelda Classic itself.

I think it's quite safe to say that Zelda Classic is the most popular Allegro based game. It has a huge modding community and loooots of players. =)

More info here:
http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Troels

Quote:
we have to get the bounty beyond 400 EUR don't we

Done

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@troels

sent another donation so now its way over 400.

its good to see proof of life on such projects and yes i am sorta involved too (since day 1) but i have been too busy to follow it, i will look into it eventually though

spotty: great job on getting the zelda stuff, best of luck on porting that one!.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ToAks

Thanks for the generous donation, site has been updated with the last few donations and a link to this thread has been added to the site.

Regards
Troels

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Great news

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
wow! 450 euro! fantastic!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Troels

The version for this on OS4depot.net is listed as 1.1, is this just version 1.1 of the amiga verison, or is it the allegro version (which is currently at 5)?

Regards

Mark

For custom designed applications, websites, ecommerce and secure hosting visit:

www.icestarmedia.com
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mark

it's the amiga version number, and i tend to agree, it's not so good to use different version numbers in the amiga version.

Go to top
Anonymous
@spotUP

Well, I can understand why the Amiga version number is used, given the limitations on version strings, but hopefully the maintainer will put the allegro version number in the readme.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DaveP

The reason why I use an Amiga version number is because the Amiga version of Allegro is based on 4.3.10 which is now frozen and will have no more releases. So any releases done by me will be bug fixes or improvements to the Amiga port. There will be no updates to the Allegro core. The Amiga version will always be based on 4.3.10.

There will probably be no Allegro version 5 for the Amiga because it is not compatible with Allegro 4.x and there are no games for it yet, so there's no point in porting it. Maybe in the future if it becomes popular then someone will port it. It's completely different to Allegro 4.x though so that will be a big job - there will have to be some very good games released to justify the work being done!

I'll add to the release notes that the Amiga version is based on 4.3.10.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Hitman

...Maybe in the future if it becomes popular then someone will port it...
Is allegro coding that hard? Got a sample of 'Hello World' in Allegro? I'm curious because gaming in 2D is fairly easy in SDLBasic.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Snuffy

Allegro coding is really really easy! In fact it is almost like "AMOS for OS4" it is so easy. You just gave me a good idea, which is that if someone wrote a wrapper for Allegro, so that people could program it in some language like Perl then it could be very useful as an AMOS style language.

But what is more difficult is making the Allegro library itself work on a new platform - that is a lot of work. But once it is done then people like you can write Allegro games very easily.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi@Hitman

Allegro coding is ... like "AMOS for OS4"
Wow! Sounds great! I'll be first to stand in line right here! :-p

Go to top

Register To Post