Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 117

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »
Re: Assigned project: 32Bit icon editor
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Looking good but one thing that's missing from the screengrab is any brush handling. This has always been a bit lack in the old icon editor. To me it's needs at least cut/copy/paste/rotate functions.

To be able to put text on the icon would be very useful too. On my classic I had partition icons with the device name on them so I alwys knew which partition was which device but with the silly number of partitions I now have it takes far to long to cut'n'paste all the chrs in something like ppaint.

Another thing I've always wanted to see is somehow being able to put the icon name over the icon itself, I know there's an offset to move the text (used for when you have frames) but can this use negative numbers to move the text up onto the icon?

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Looks really nice

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Severin

It's very early in development. We'll see where things go. Plus, the functional requirements are in the project description. Anything beyond that isn't part of the project nor the bounty so it can't be 'demanded' of him.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Yeah, I know, I'm not demanding anything, just throwing out a few niggles I've had for years with the old icon editor but I would think basic brush cut/copy/paste/h-flip/v-flip would be essential for any graphic editing program especially for icons which tend to be symetrical.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Great work Robert. Screenshot looks good :)

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@orgin

Donations for this project are now possible at amigabounty.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Robert

Just curious, how is this going..?

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Marko

The work on editor was halted for some time because of the school which started at October and I didn't have much spare time. Now I have slightly more time and am developing the editor. I'm trying to make this editor a small paint program and I'm writing it in C++ to make it as flexible as possible. I'll try to post an update in a couple of days.

The basic brush support will be added to the program.

@All

Thanks for your interests and support :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@RNS-AMiGA-Club
Let's hear about any progress you make:)

@all
For donations visit: http://www.amigabounty.net/index.php? ... =viewproject&projectid=55

(just made a small donation)

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Troels

Hey!

I'd like to ask some question about 32-bit Icon Editor. Is it possible that I make a 8-bit graphics editing tool FIRST before switching to 32-bit. I ask this because I've got a problem with Flood function on 32-bit bitmaps. The program is very close to completion in that 8-bit form. The benefit is that AmigaOS4 will have simple Paint program very fast.

The 32-bit icon editing tool needs some special graphics editing features which are hard to work on for me at the moment, but I plan to add these features RIGHT AFTER 8-bit version is released. The program is written very flexible so switching from 8-bit to 32-bit will be easy.

Kind Regards
Robert

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@RNS-AMiGA-Club

Btw, as i see in other thread, some users also have problems with Flood function, maybe you can create an little example code which show the problem, and we can send it to os4 devels for making fix for ?

Or in meanwhile maybe the best way will be write about problem there, and someone for sure will help with it.

Its only about 8bit editing ? Saving are 32bit already ? What about transparency, you can edit it too ?

Quote:

The benefit is that AmigaOS4 will have simple Paint program very fast.

But it will be 8bit paint program, without saving to jpeg, png in 24-32bit formats ?

Edited by kas1e on 2010/11/29 8:34:12
Edited by kas1e on 2010/11/29 8:35:58
Edited by kas1e on 2010/11/29 8:37:24
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Troels

Looks nice I made a donation!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

All right, I will just leave the Flood function and keep the 32-bit graphics editing abilities. This is the best way.

The Flood function works incorrectly on chunky bitmaps but correctly on planar bitmaps.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@RNS-AMiGA-Club

Quote:

All right, I will just leave the Flood function and keep the 32-bit graphics editing abilities. This is the best way.

Maybe you can write a example code (little one), which we can send to developers ? (because they unlucky will fix it , while they not know about it).

Btw, how you will replace Flood function by now ? By p96 functions ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

It's really simple. Draw a circle and then try to fill it with Flood().

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK

I am just about, that for aos4 developers need source-example code, for easy seeing where the bug and how done sources. Not just "try to fill circle". There as always can be tons of little problems, and source-code which show the problems are need it of course for easy bug-hunting. For fast fixing need normal bug-report with source code example :) Its maybe already in os4-bug-list, but we cant be sure, and with little example which show the problem we can big changes to have fix it in the next updates.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi all, I wish to write something about the progress of the Icon Editor.

First of all it's called now "Icon Editor NG" (next-generation) and is being rewritten to clean up and upgrade code. Now it's an application which opens own screen and has a couple of work windows on it. These windows are:

1) Edit Window - the window where all editing takes place. Also it contains some buttons to:
a) Zoom in and Zoom out the image
b) Choose icon state to edit
d) Choose alpha editing mode
e) Enable or disable grid on the image
f) Scroll the image within sketchboard

All these buttons' graphics is taken from AISS package.

2) Horizontal toolbar window - the window with a row of buttons which enables you to create New icon, Open existing icon and Save your work,

3) Vertical toolbar window - the window with painting tools like Freehand, Line, Rectangle, Filled Rectangle, Ellipse, Filled Ellipse as well as Undo operation/Redo operation, Clear icon.

4) Preview window - the window where the preview of edited image is shown.

There is also the Project, Icon Type and Sketchboard menus. Icon type menu allows to choose icon type, Sketchboard menu allows to change the size of the sketchboard.

Also there will be additional window with Palette choosing.

Here is a simple screenshot of program

Also the configuration of windows and palette will be saved to file. The program is stable and works very well. I'm working on the final release on the program now, but most likely will release version to tests just before. The program will also contain features suggested in the thread created on temporary Amigans.net.

Kind Regards
Robert Szacki

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Here you can grab latest test version of Icon Editor NG. Some functions are not implemented yet (mostly they need to be copied from previous version). All paint functions work.

The program seems to be fast and stable.

http://minniatian.republika.pl/IconEditor/IconED1.4.lha

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@RNS-AMiGA-Club

The screenshot looks nice.
Keep up the good work.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@RNS-AMiGA-Club
Thanks for the preview!

Here's my notes after trying it:
We definitively need tool-tips when you "mouse-over" the buttons, or maybe change the button graphics as people is accustomed to certain buttons to do certain things already.
For example the button Filer uses for "parent drawer" is used for loading at the moment (the floppies don't do anything at all instead).
Also the button that switches between the selected and unselected icon graphics isn't very explicative (a tool tip is needed there).

We need keyboard shortcuts, at least for undo,

Don't know what those arrow butons are for...(?)

At the moment you cannot save.

There is a 32colors palette at the bottom, but what if I want more slots? say, 64 or 128?

Finally, is it possible (or will it be possible) to load a second different bitmap, in order to use it as the "selected" version of the icon?

Anyway, coming along quite well keep up the great work!

SamFlex Complete System + AmigaOS4.1 Update 4
Amiga 2000 GVP GForce-040 Picasso II AmigaOS3.9 BB2
Amiga CD-32
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »